GUILTY CA - Emma Barker, 18 mos, suffocated, Lancaster, 18 March 2009 #2

This is all so frustrating!!! This sweet precious baby left lying on the side of the road and now someone is monkeying around, dragging their feet!

The daughter of the blogger on Topix was at court and said it was over before it began, there was almost no media present again today, at least we know 1 was there when they busted AB with skull earrings!?! Is that how she shows support or is she saying something else?? (What is with these "so called kids"?)

I saw that clip last nite, thanks so much dmk, I thought we had heard weeks ago SB was being charged with murder!?

NG-JVM I do luv JVM, but I swear if I saw them replay that video of what appears to be Haylee's mom in WalMart one more time I would've tossed a shoe thru the TV!! If they were saying something relevant OK, but they kept repeating the same thing over and over. Now seen at a gas station... I don't get it, these people are recognizing them why are they not detaining them

When JVM went to the lawyers, the one was lucky they weren't all in the same room! :trout: The dum azz saying SB shouldn't be charged with anything!!

Then that caller who said "these young mom's need more support, times are so hard!" You know what? Bull !! Did she pay any attention at all to the fact that both KC and SB lived with parents who bent over backwards to help? I raised 3 kids, my ex moved out when the youngest was 1. I didn't live with my parents, they were wonderful, helpful, supportive. But the kids were my responsibility, not my parents!! I worked, sometimes 60 hrs a week because that's what parents do. They go to work and care for their kids. They don't murder them and leave them in a ditch!

-=-=-=:rose:=-=-=-=-=-:rose:-=-=-=-=-=-=-=:rose:=-==-=-=-=-==-=:rose:=-==-==-

If they keep moving the dates I'm going to miss it. I'm moving in four weeks. Won't have tv or internet for a while.

Oh Kat I hope there is some resolution before you lose the connection!! Do you have an Email address where you can pick up info on a cell phone? We'll keep you up to date if there is.

~~~~~~~~~~:baby:~~~~~~~~~~:baby:~~~~~~~~~~~:baby:~~~~~~~~
`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'````'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`

Thanks DMK - great video-
Best part is the non-stop flashing of her fugly mug shot- They must have shown it 50 x- wow- I bet CA HATES having someone compared to her. I would have never thought SB was any kind of attractive if I didnt see the MS pics- btw- glad we all saw them so we dont have to speculate what is there

Welcome back Lovejac- I have wondered where you where, but figured I missed something :crazy: Glad things sound a lil better, glad everyone is feeling better :blowkiss:

ALso- nice to see so many reporters and lawyers on radar with this case now. I would hope that our email campaign helped a lil :rolleyes: maybe??? lol

On JVM tonight, there was a comment that LE has a motive. For you guys that have followed this case closely, do you have any idea what that motive is? I have been over on the Victoria Stafford and Nevaeh Buchannan threads, so forgive me in advance for being a "bit out of the loop". :blowkiss:

Reannan no one is saying anything!!! That little tease about a motive, my guess is the same all along new BOYFRIEND, so much more important than your precious 18 mo old baby....:furious:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On NG, her fill in (Jean or Jane?) just asked Haylee's Gma if Haylee's mom wants to go to AZ? Gma said "yes"... I say bring her down!!! maybe they can be arrested and charged here and Sheriff Joe can put them in tents and let them work on the chain gang here when it's 120* in the shade. PB&J for lunch and all the water they want.

~~~~~~~~~:baby:~~~~~~~~~:baby:~~~~~~~~~:baby:~~~~~~~~
"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"

When JVM went to the lawyers, the one was lucky they weren't all in the same room! :trout: The dum azz saying SB shouldn't be charged with anything!!

OMG- You are cracking me up!! I wanted to hit him in the head with a fish when I heard him say that!! I had to rewind it and watch it again.

Mark K is right- too many women are killing their kids, and abusing the Amber Alert system to through off LE- They will learn as if they didnt learn from crying wolf in the past. ITA with him- there should be special circ tagged on when they abuse it.

If they keep moving the dates I'm going to miss it. I'm moving in four weeks. Won't have tv or internet for a while.

WHAT??? Totally OT and I'm sorry but reading that I am struck by the fact that we will be without YOU and your great posts for a while???

Say it ain't so, Kat!

OMG- You are cracking me up!! I wanted to hit him in the head with a fish when I heard him say that!! I had to rewind it and watch it again.

Mark K is right- too many women are killing their kids, and abusing the Amber Alert system to through off LE- They will learn as if they didn't learn from crying wolf in the past. ITA with him- there should be special circ tagged on when they abuse it.

I can't imagine the pain it must cause Mark to look someone in the eye as they ask for his help to find their child, then to find out they were lying thru their teeth. How anyone can ask for the help of someone who's child really was kidnapped and murdered. When all along they know exactly what happened to their child and where their child's little dead body can be found. :cry:

What kind of a cruel heartless person does someone have to be to not only murder their precious child. But to stand before this man who's child was taken from him and lie about the circumstances? I guess I answered that myself; a cruel heartless one, I guess they're one and the same. :mad: :furious:

I hope everyone is well and enjoying the beginning of summer with your families. Monsoon season is starting early here this year, which is fine with me, as long as it ends early too. :sunshine: Only a few days into the hi 90's and I'm ready for it to be over!!

Lovejac and CG, I hope your family members are feeling better. :blowkiss:

Kat something tells me we could be gone for the next 6 mos without missing much. It will only help the defense to drag things out. The evidence is what it is, it won't change. But memories fade, people move away. All the better for smother-mother aka SB. If you have a cell phone with email I'd be more than happy to keep you posted. :pcguru:

Is it just me or does it seem like the media has no interest in this case? Any theories? I've been wondering if they are worried about the similarities to KC and sweet baby Caylee. No one wants any copy cats out there or these momsters looking for their 15 minutes. Or are there just so many baby killing parents running around right now, no one can possibly cover them all? Time for another email blitz? :tsktsk:

`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`..`.`.`.`​

Regardless of what motive this mother had for thinking she had to get rid of her baby girl she had lots of other options. If the baby's dad was active in her life why not just hand the baby over to him or hand her over to the grandparents? It sounds like the grandparents and the brother were more the caretakers of baby Emma then the mother was anyway. Why murder her!!!

It wouldn't bother me if this mother got the death penalty the same as Casey. Anyone who puts partying or a boyfriend before their child deserves nothing less. Both of those girls had family who would have gladly taken their baby girls and raised them. Emma's grandparents sound like they are a different breed then the Anthonys but that is a guess on my part. Regardless, the grandparents would have raised the girls rather then have them murdered. The babies could have been put up for adoption...lots of options but selfishness won out and they would rather have murdered their babies then let anyone else raise them. I'll just never understand that.

3 more days! TY sleuthymama I'll miss getting up and having my coffee while I read here.

I won't miss her next appearence!

3 more days! TY sleuthymama I'll miss getting up and having my coffee while I read here.

I won't miss her next appearence!

I hope you won't be away from us for long!! :grouphug:

Remember, last thing packed 1st thing unpacked!!

I wish the police would reveal what they believe was her motive.

I want to see her going down, I want to see the look on her face when they tell her she will never see the light of day again. When they tell her what a horrible thing she has done. When they tell her she will likely have a long, lonely wait for the death sentence to be carried out, and let her know she will be spending that time in a dark, ugly cell all by herself.

I really wonder if she will be making any statements to the court? Will she admit what she has done and why?

~~~~:baby:~~~~:baby:~~~~:baby:~~~~:baby:~~~~:baby:~~~~:baby:~~~~:baby:~~~~
`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`''`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'``'`'`''``'`'`'`'`''`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`

This really has nothing to do with Emma except I was struck at the similarities between the circumstance and the stories the two mothers told.
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/k/ketron_shannon.html

Gaia, that was interesting. I happened to be watching an old forensic file (IIRC that was the show) last night with husband. The Mother claimed that she recalled what happened immediately prior to a blow that rendered her unconscious and the blow itself. Interestingly, that's not biologically/neurologically possible.

I can't find an update. I checked all the LA news sources I could find. I think MJ has taken most of the news coverage of late. I hope they print something about the court date today.

Ok, What the heck happened yesterday in AV court? The AC went out? Would want SB to break a sweat!!! God forbid!!! :mad:

Anyways, dont kow the exact date, but heard her next court day was YET held over AGAIN until the middle of July? I may be mistaken, and havent had time to fact check, so please check me if I'm wrong. :blowkiss:

The hearing went south somewhere, no details except the next hearing is set for July 21.

You would think it would benefit SB to be sitting around with no AC, as it will prepare her for the eternity in he!! she will be spending with her good friend and mentor KC. Early on, in one of the blogs a former coworker claimed Stacey was always sticking up for KC saying people had no right to judge her and no one really knew what happened to Caylee. Thank goodness Stacey didn't pick a criminal who had half a brain to believe in. She may have actually learned how to kill a child and get away with it.

OK, I've finally read something that gives us some solid hope in this case and where the special circ is coming from. Last week I posted a question in a LA area blog after reading a report that said Nancy Grace and JVM (or is it JMV?) reported Emma had bruising around her mouth and nose. I had heard Dr Perper(sp?) say bruising on her face around her nose or mouth and vessels in her eyes being broken would be signs of suffocation. But I never heard him say this was found on Emma and since the autopsy results have been sealed at the request of the investigators, we really had no way of getting this information.

Well, come to find out LE had reported Emma had bruising around her mouth and nose before the coroner had even removed her from the the site her mother had left her body!

(Per KTLA News)The DA's office filed charges of murder, assault on a child causing death and child abuse. The complaint alleges "that the defendant willfully caused and permitted the child to be injured and harmed and that injury resulted in death. Coroner's officials have not yet issued a final report on how the girl died but sheriff's detectives suspect she was suffocated, a Sheriff's Department spokesman. Detectives believe that … based on interviews and the condition of the victim that she likely suffocated," Sheriff's Department spokesman Steve Whitmore said."

One of the bloggers on the LA news site reported Stacey was driven past both the site where she left little Emma's body and the "park and ride" lot where she eventually 'woke up' some 5 hours after leaving her baby on the side of the highway. On her way from the jail to the court house. How much I would love to stand out there along side the highway holding up signs one with a blown up picture of Emma saying: Why Mama, Why? maybe another with a picture of the devil, a "Hotel 666" sign and lots of flames saying: Stacey, We'll leave the lights on for you... And last but not least a picture of KC in he!! with an empty cot for Stacey reading Keeping Your Bed Warm, BFFE. (Best Friends For Eternity!)

OK enough of my rambling on for one nite. Have a Happy and safe 4th of July.

~~~~~:beagle:~~~~~:cat:~~~~~:baby:~~~~~:baby:~~~~~:cat:~~~~~:beagle:~~~~~
\l/\l/\l/\l/\l/\l/\l/\l/\l/\l/\l/\l/\l/\l/\l/\l/\l/\l/\l/\l/\l/\l/\l/\l/\l/\l/\l/\l/\l/\l/\l/\l/

This really has nothing to do with Emma except I was struck at the similarities between the circumstance and the stories the two mothers told.
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/k/ketron_shannon.html

Wow I wonder if SB has any child abduction searches on her computer like KC did? This story about Shannon is way too much alike for my taste. :eek:

Isn't it amazing how in all the years we've all been driving around with our children in our cars, never once did a stranger approach, knock us out and take any of our children. Yet, if you read up on child abductions, this is quite the common way to lose a child. :waitasec:

I guess we were all just very lucky not to be in the wrong place, at the wrong time. :confused:

~~~~~:blowkiss:~~~~~:blowkiss:~~~~~:blowkiss:~~~~~:blowkiss:~~~~~:blowkiss:~~~~~

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eleanor D.
Back