Trial Thread 4/17/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
AM980.ca‏@AM980_Court
When the jury returns, we'll hear more testimony. Legal issues will be settled later.

12:33
Mike Knoll: @guest - quite different in the US. they also have cameras in many courtrooms.
12:33
Comment From Guest
I have seen jurors from other major american cases interviewed on TV. Is that legal in the US but not here?
12:32
Mike Knoll: @Guest - no.
Comment From Guest
is rafferty cuffed while in his dock.
Mike Knoll: @Amanda - 9 women, 3 men.
12:31
Comment From Amanda
Sorry if I have missed it, but what does the jury consist of? How many females/males?
12:30
Mike Knoll: @GUEST - yes, that would be illegal.

Comment From GUEST
Im glad that they will not post the jury because they would probably get hounded! So lets say the trial is over whatever the outcome is, Is it illegal for them to go to the media or write a book?
Mike Knoll: @Edmund - no. Rafferty and TLM (when she was a witness) are put in a vehicle underground and driven out. No chance for yeliing.
12:29
Comment From Edmund
Has anyone during course of the trial yelled comments towards TLM or Rafferty in or outside of the courtroom?
12:26
Mike Knoll: @guest - no!
12:26
Comment From Guest
will they post who the jury is after the trial

http://www.lfpress.com/news/london/raffertytrial/2012/04/17/19642201.html

I love his Q&A sessions. I learn so much. :)

12:18

Comment From noname
What is stopping a rafferty supporter (if such exists) goes to the trial to deliberatly cause a mistrial by talking about what the jury does not hear?

12:18

Mike Knoll:
@noname - the law is in place to prevent that.

I was pretty sure that TLM told her Grandma and that MR lawyer mentioned it to TLM on the stand and she didn't deny it. Not 100% sure though.

Yes it would be great if the family members on both sides are honest. Justice needs to be served.

According to TLM's grandmother, she hasn't seen TLM since around the age of eight.

http://www.thewhig.com/PrintArticle.aspx?e=1576637

Terri-Lynne was eight -- the same age as the girl she's now charged with abducting -- when her grandmother
last saw her. The memories of that little girl remain vivid.
"She was a sweet little girl," Nancy said. "She was sweet and special."
Upon returning with her mom to Woodstock, though, Terri-Lynne was "getting into trouble, hanging out with
the wrong people," McClintic says her family was told.

According to TLM's grandmother, she hasn't seen TLM since around the age of eight.

Terri-Lynne was eight -- the same age as the girl she's now charged with abducting -- when her grandmother
Upon returning with her mom to Woodstock, though, Terri-Lynne was "getting into trouble, hanging out with

Obviously the life with her mother didn't do her too good. I have a feeling that TLM was sexually abused more than once and CM didn't do much to stop it, even tho she says she says she did.

I love Mike Knoll's Q&A's too.

Comment From Guest
Is there any evidence that Rafferty raped Tori? Besides TLM. I know that Tori's body was decomposed....

Mike Knoll:
@Guest - there is no DNA evidence suggesting such. TLM's testimony and the fact she was found with only a shirt on and the remote location of where her remains were found may suggest this.

MOO

So I had to go to Woodstock yesterday for business. First time I've been in the city. I was a passenger in the car. On the way out of town we stopped at a red light, I look to my right and see this dumpy blue complex. I look at the address and it says "74". Sure enough, 74 Wilson street. It gave me the creeps!!

That article is really messed up! Someone didn't proofread before publishing, apparently. ;)

the subtle back and forth is quite easy to see so please do not say you have not been fairly warned.

this lands at random

I love Mike Knoll's Q&A's too.

MOO

Me too :D

I lol'd at this one:

Comment From Interested
there are many references to Rafferty claiming to be a dance instructor - do you recall if there has there been a confirmation of this claim ? Also, thank you for the ongoing updates

Mike Knoll: @Interested - we have no confirmation one way or the other. I was thinking that it would be a silly thing to lie about as, if you're dating someone, I'd assume you'd end up dancing at some point.

When the jury returns, we'll hear more testimony. Legal issues will be settled later.

RaffertyLFP: court is resuming jury is coming in

The jury is returning to the courtroom.

RaffertyLFP: court is resuming jury is coming in [via Twitter]

RaffertyLFP: Next witness is coming in. Joy Woods Crown is moving on to next chapter - the weekend of May 15th

The next witness is Joy Woods. Kevin Gowdey says the case has moved on to it's next chapter, the weekend of May 15th (2009),

Joy Woods lives in Woodstock. She has three children.

RaffertyLFP: Woods is 39, Woodstock resident, mother of 3 In 2009 she was taking university sociology classes

RaffertyLFP: Next witness is coming in. Joy Woods Crown is moving on to next chapter - the weekend of May 15th [via Twitter]

Well, I guess we can assume the unresolved legal issues had to do with the Mt. Forest Chapter if they're moving on to the next one. IMO

RaffertyLFP: Woods also met Rafferty on Plenty of Fish on April 11- later exchanged numbers

In 2009, she was finishing university courses. She met Rafferty on Plenty of Fish on April 11th.

RaffertyLFP: Woods says Rafferty visited her at home -when out a few times for dinner. He claimed he was construction contractor and dance instructor

She met Rafferty at her home on April 16th. They went our a few times for dinner. He said he was in contracting and a dance instructor.

RaffertyLFP: Rafferty told her he had a degree in kiniesiology and culinary arts, They went to dinners in London and Oakville

Steven D'Souza ‏ @cbcsteve
Back from lunch. Joy Woods on stand now. She was there the night #Rafferty was arrested #sl

RaffertyLFP: Woods also met Rafferty on Plenty of Fish on April 11- later exchanged numbers [via Twitter]

RaffertyLFP: Woods is 39, Woodstock resident, mother of 3 In 2009 she was taking university sociology classes [via Twitter]

So I had to go to Woodstock yesterday for business. First time I've been in the city. I was a passenger in the car. On the way out of town we stopped at a red light, I look to my right and see this dumpy blue complex. I look at the address and it says "74". Sure enough, 74 Wilson street. It gave me the creeps!!
I lived there for about 12 years and my family still lives there....every time I see that house it gives me the heebie jeebies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304