IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 #27

Status
Not open for further replies.
This may be the most publicized missing person case in history since Helen and Troy.
Millions want answers now and we want to believe someone is going to work looking for those answers.

I may have missed some info somewhere, but who are Helen and Troy? Does this refer to Helen OF Troy.....the mythical character?

Lauren's case is really very LOW on the publicized list...no where NEAR the coverage of cases like Natalie Holloway, or Elizabeth Smart, or the younger children like Caylee. Unfortunately, outside of forums such as this, hardly any attention is given to this case other than perhaps some small amount of lingering local interest. Even the university barely acknowledges it anymore. That doesn't mean many people aren't anxious for a resolution, but honestly, outside of this forum, I have heard not even one mention of the case on cable news for over a YEAR.

jmo

This is enlightening. It's referring to teeth marks on a victim, so on the victim herself it would be even easier to ID:

"Forensic odontology works on the principle that no two people have exactly the same dental imprints. Extractions, fillings, chipped, gapped, or closely spaced teeth can all be used to identify who the teeth marks are from. Some teeth may even be twisted or tilted. Even with individuals who have had their teeth straightened through the use of braces, there will be some distinctive features that can be used to identify them based on their dental work."

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-forensic-odontology.htm

Which is why you wouldn't remove one tooth from the skull for dental comparison. You don't just want to have a tooth away from the skull. You want to see the combination of teeth in the skull to see how they are spaced, tilted, twisted, etc. What was reported on tooth being removed for dental comparison makes no sense.

What would be the reason for inconclusive dental comparison? Perfect teeth with no fillings?

Perhaps damage from a blow to the jaw which broke some teeth and bone or maybe caused a tooth or two to be missing, or a gunshot to the mouth area, etc.?

jmo

Hello Websleuths.

I would like to introduce myself, I am sweet_blush (an anagram of websleuths).

I joined WS to discuss LS specifically.

I have paid close attention to this situation from the very beginning, on many forums including Gatto's blog, and I can most likely answer any questions concerning PT.

I would like to see closure for the Spierer family, as well as the communities, both online and IRL... that have been impacted by this tragedy.

Hello my new WS friends...

Hello Websleuths.

I have paid close attention to this situation from the very beginning, on many forums including Gatto's blog, and I can most likely answer any questions concerning PT.

I would like to see closure for the Spierer family, as well as the communities, both online and IRL... that have been impacted by this tragedy.

Welcome to WS...
I have to ask, what is PT? I probably should know by now, but can't think what that stands for.

Hope you post often and enjoy WS; we take missing persons very seriously and Lauren is special to a lot of us.

Welcome to WS...
I have to ask, what is PT? I probably should know by now, but can't think what that stands for.

Hope you post often and enjoy WS; we take missing persons very seriously and Lauren is special to a lot of us.

It's short for 'PhantasyTour.com' -- a Phish message board where some people who were close to those involved in the case posted pretty candid remarks when LS first disappeared. I'm pretty sure JW's brother made some pretty charged statements about JR on there.

If you do go there, please know that some of the dregs that troll there are not indicative of the phish community as a whole! Overall we're decent people, the less desirables just seem to gather there.

I may have missed some info somewhere, but who are Helen and Troy? Does this refer to Helen OF Troy.....the mythical character?

Lauren's case is really very LOW on the publicized list...no where NEAR the coverage of cases like Natalie Holloway, or Elizabeth Smart, or the younger children like Caylee. Unfortunately, outside of forums such as this, hardly any attention is given to this case other than perhaps some small amount of lingering local interest. Even the university barely acknowledges it anymore. That doesn't mean many people aren't anxious for a resolution, but honestly, outside of this forum, I have heard not even one mention of the case on cable news for over a YEAR.

jmo

Now, Helen was not of Troy. She was Greek and kidnapped by Troy. And, many would argue that she was a real person who lived more than three thousand years ago.

Lauren's story has made the British press more than a dozen times. She has hit the American networks several times this summer. She's far more than a Indiana story and this is because her supporters have worked very hard to get the word out. They've done good work.

What would be the reason for inconclusive dental comparison? Perfect teeth with no fillings?

You know, I am honestly not sure. I have seen it fairly frequently in the Unidentified forum though. Sometimes I think inconclusive means positive except we are making sure, but I have actually seen inconclusive turn out to be negative once they do DNA tests.
Maybe condition of teeth? Or "generic" teeth issues? Like, lets say the last X-Ray Lauren had was clean, but she was developing a cavity or two when she disappeared. So, if they were looking for totally clean teeth and found one with some cavities they shouldn't immediately rule out or in. I know that isn't all they look for, but I think it is the easiest and fastest way to make an initial match or rule out. I guess it just depends on how recent the X-rays are, the type of issues, how unique the issues or work on the teeth performed are, etc.

The other night I had an awesome dream about guardians who are watching over and protecting Lauren and this case. They are heavily armored but not with guns. They are not going to allow the baddies in. Maybe the guardians represent the coroner officials, lab personnel, detectives.

Perhaps this dream can be interpreted. Lauren will be returned to her family.
The truth will come out. The bad boy will be caught. Justice will be served.

Perhaps damage from a blow to the jaw which broke some teeth and bone or maybe caused a tooth or two to be missing, or a gunshot to the mouth area, etc.?

jmo

It was reported that there was no injury to the skull.

Perhaps this dream can be interpreted. Lauren will be returned to her family.
The truth will come out. The bad boy will be caught. Justice will be served.

Yes, hopefully the 4' 11" girl will be returned to the Empire State where she belongs and where dreams are made.

Hello Websleuths.

Welcome, that's a great anagram! Is there anything you would like us to know about PT?

The questions I have are not about PT generally but about the veracity of postings such as those by JW's roommates, the drug rumors, and bits about ZO. I take it you cannot confirm or deny the postings but perhaps based on your experience there you can provide supplementary info.

Do you know any of the first- or second-tier POI?

What's your theory about what happened?

Now, Helen was not of Troy. She was Greek and kidnapped by Troy. And, many would argue that she was a real person who lived more than three thousand years ago.

Lauren's story has made the British press more than a dozen times. She has hit the American networks several times this summer. She's far more than a Indiana story and this is because her supporters have worked very hard to get the word out. They've done good work.

Regarding the reference to Helen of Troy:

Kidnapped by THESEUS according to the story....Troy, however, is a city/place/location....as involved in the TROJAN war. The story of Helen comes from The Iliad by Homer. While archaeological evidence supports the existence of Troy and of a war or series of wars involving that area, the actual existence of Helen is not documented and may very well be a creation of the author. One of a vast number of references discussing this legend is provided at National Geographic link below.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2004/05/0514_040514_troy_2.html

Regarding Lauren:

Lauren's story WAS well covered for a few weeks nationally, but no where even remotely as much as Natalie or Elizabeth or many others have been. Her supporters have concentrated on getting the word out in the proper areas. The possibility that she is anywhere other than the Indiana area is remote at best.

jmo

Welcome, that's a great anagram! Is there anything you would like us to know about PT?

The questions I have are not about PT generally but about the veracity of postings such as those by JW's roommates, the drug rumors, and bits about ZO. I take it you cannot confirm or deny the postings but perhaps based on your experience there you can provide supplementary info.

Do you know any of the first- or second-tier POI?

What's your theory about what happened?
hello, yes. Jupiter, I post (or posted ') as 'doreatha' on PT before I was banned.

Jupiter, your, amongst others here, tenacity and dedication is partly why I joined WS.

.... (just figuring out WS functions, will be back)

"The questions I have are not about PT generally but about the veracity of postings such as those by JW's roommates, the drug rumors, and bits about ZO. I take it you cannot confirm or deny the postings but perhaps based on your experience there you can provide supplementary info."

JW's roomMATE, Aaronwg... is definitely legitimately JW's roommate. What he said on PT is debatable, I got into a small debate with Elmomom, who joined PT to challenge my assertions that I believe that JW is completely uninvolved with Lauren's disappearance.

I still believe that JW should be dropped from the POI list. Bo Dietl's latest statement about JW lawyering up too quickly has me wondering, but I feel like Bo Dietl is beating the bushes for rabbits LONG after the fact.....

"The questions I have are not about PT generally but about the veracity of postings such as those by JW's roommates, the drug rumors, and bits about ZO. I take it you cannot confirm or deny the postings but perhaps based on your experience there you can provide supplementary info."

JW's roomMATE, Aaronwg... is definitely legitimately JW's roommate. What he said on PT is debatable, I got into a small debate with Elmomom, who joined PT to challenge my assertions that I believe that JW is completely uninvolved with Lauren's disappearance.

I still believe that JW should be dropped from the POI list. Bo Dietl's latest statement about JW lawyering up too quickly has me wondering, but I feel like Bo Dietl is beating the bushes for rabbits LONG after the fact.....

Or maybe Bo Dietl is playing a game with the real POIs. I also dont believe that JW was involved. His actions the next days were consistent with someone who was innocent. Hiring a lawyer was odd, but my guess is that his parents insisted that he should get one as he could become a target for being the bf.

The media attention or a preliminary test that didnt rule out Lauren may have caught the coroners office off guard a bit. .......The Sr. Deputy Coroner takes the lead with media. The Coroners office begins to follow step by step procedures,to insure a defense attorney doesnt embarrass their office in a high profile trial......just a possibility....

PT is a strange and mysterious place. Like a Rose, it has a lot of thorns, intended to keep the uninitiated away from the beauty within ;)

Here is one of PT's biggest contributions to this unfortunate situation...

Chickjustin sleuthed the FB concerning the poster known as Ray_Anastasio, who synchronitically went to HS with MB.... AND, is close friends with all FOUR of JR's roommates from NJ.

Long story, but my point is that ChickJustin sleuthed the DB tweet from the Runcible Spoon, from stalking Ray_Anastasio's FB.

If Lauren's parents, at least, do not know by now whether or not this is Lauren, that is a disgrace. This is not the 1800's; there is no way it should take a month to identify remains.

First, :welcome:

Second, I never once said that I believed JW was guilty. I just cannot agree that he is innocent. He is still a POI, and statistically, the most likely suspect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni