Votes: 90 84.1%
  • Not Guilty Forgery

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • Guilty Custodial Interference

Votes: 91 85.0%
  • Not Guilty Custodial Interference

Votes: 11 10.3%

• Total voters
I'm really not understanding this next phase of the trial if she is found guilty. Can anyone explain?
Admonishment phase, is that what I heard?

Well looks like its similar to a sentencing phase, just seemed more complicated when BK was explaining it.

I'm really not understanding this next phase of the trial if she is found guilty. Can anyone explain?
Admonishment phase, is that what I heard?

My understanding (and not having heard BK yet) is that if the jury finds her guilty on both counts, then the judge has to decide if aggravating circumstances apply:

if the defendant's actions caused financial, emotional or physical hardship to the victim (Logan McQueary). It's clear the emotional toll, and it's also caused financial hardship from his personal searches to try to find his son.

Then, I assume defense would ask for bond to be continued until sentencing. That could get interesting, since the judge had granted her request several months back, that she could go to TN.

Per IS ticker the jury has been deliberating 6 hours.

Well looks like its similar to a sentencing phase, just seemed more complicated when BK was explaining it.

The way I understood it, if Tammi has been found guilty, the defense and the prosecution will make statements to the judge and jury.
Are there aggravating circumstances?
The judge will then give the jury instructions, the jury will then deliberate again, if they find that there are aggravating circumstances, the judge can sentence Tammy to more than 2 1/2 year per charge.

Congratulations, Grandma, Momy and Baby Girl!

As for the hearing if there is a guilty verdict. Best I can explain is that each count carries a 2 1/2 years (IIRC). In this phase, the lawyers will argue for and against "enhancements" to the crimes that make them more serious. I know enhancements isn't the correct word, it's like mitigating and aggravating factors in some trials.

If the jury, after deliberation decides there are "aggravating" factors which make the crime more serious, the judge can give a heavier sentence.

In Session will be off the air at that time - where do we go to see TS's expression when she's found guilty?

MC Superior Court‏@courtpio

The jury has reached a verdict in the State v. Tammi Smith. They will read the verdict at 12:30 pm.

In Session will be off the air at that time - where do we go to see TS's expression when she's found guilty?

Sometimes HLN shows verdicts or you can watch online using the link on the top of the first page.

I pray that I am not let down like I was back on 7/5/2011...hopefully these jurors are smarter.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
not_just_a_phase
Back