GUILTY PA - Rebecca Stahl, 37, Hempfield, 18 February 2012

12 weeks is the amount of leave available from FMLA each year...so maybe that is the amount she asked to take, just in case it took that long?

This is awful.

David Stahl pleaded guilty to simple assault in 2007 after his wife said he threw her down a flight of stairs, pulled her hair out and threw her into the kitchen table. At that time, the two were engaged, and Rebecca took out a protection from abuse order against him. David Stahl was sentenced to serve nine to 23 months in jail. More recently, in March, David Stahl received a summary citation after his wife said he shoved her and tore her sweater. Four months before her disappearance, Rebecca Stahl she asked to have the citation dropped.
http://www.wpxi.com/news/news/local/state-police-search-missing-hempfield-township-wom/nJdC5/

Beltz said her sister was not able to travel alone because she is recovering from a hysterectomy. Stahl began a 12-week medical leave Jan. 24.

Read more: Hempfield home of missing Derry teacher searched - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/news/westmoreland/s_783263.html#ixzz1nGznKcup

She likely had an abdominal incision rather than vaginal surgery. The comment above means that with her abdominal incision she was not supposed to drive. If she had a recent abdominal incision, she was helpless to fight back/defend herself. :furious:

Pensfan,
some more snips from your link:

Stahl's husband told police he last saw her at their home at 803 Seton View Drive on Monday, said Trooper Steve Limani, spokesman at the Greensburg barracks.

Stahl's father, Kenneth Anderson of Greensburg, said police "have searched the home, and they impounded the vehicles, and they're working on those now."

Beltz said her family has had no contact with David Stahl since 2008, the year he and Rebecca were married.

"He's made no attempt to contact our family," Beltz said. "She's in love with him. I did know they had their issues they were dealing with."

David Stahl did not return a phone call yesterday.

Read more: Hempfield home of missing Derry teacher searched - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/news/westmoreland/s_783263.html#ixzz1nH2UkSEH

:-(

So very sad. I think we know how this ends up. :( :( :(

Beltz said her sister was not able to travel alone because she is recovering from a hysterectomy. Stahl began a 12-week medical leave Jan. 24.

Read more: Hempfield home of missing Derry teacher searched - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/news/westmoreland/s_783263.html#ixzz1nGznKcup

She likely had an abdominal incision rather than vaginal surgery. The comment above means that with her abdominal incision she was not supposed to drive. If she had a recent abdominal incision, she was helpless to fight back/defend herself. :furious:

I had this surgery a few years ago and was out for 6 weeks at the time, though I still can't think what meds she would be required to take, other than pain meds. And since I don't believe she left voluntarily, it barely matters, it was just a slip-up on hubby's part, IMO, not to have her meds "go" with her.

It is such a sad shame that she married and then stayed with this violent man. I do not mean to convict without a fair trial, etc...but this case looks as cut and dried as they come. And if she has been gone since Saturday, he had a two-day head start, more or less, and she could be anywhere, if I am reading correctly that she was not reported missing until Monday (and not by him?)

JMO

I had this surgery a few years ago and was out for 6 weeks at the time, though I still can't think what meds she would be required to take, other than pain meds. And since I don't believe she left voluntarily, it barely matters, it was just a slip-up on hubby's part, IMO, not to have her meds "go" with her.

It is such a sad shame that she married and then stayed with this violent man. I do not mean to convict without a fair trial, etc...but this case looks as cut and dried as they come. And if she has been gone since Saturday, he had a two-day head start, more or less, and she could be anywhere, if I am reading correctly that she was not reported missing until Monday (and not by him?)

JMO

She was actually reported missing Tuesday and by her father because they had not heard from her since Saturday.

I agree passion about the SW seals... usually it is LE that will request the seal..not the DA...

Also, to echo what Surfie said upstream about multiple search warrants being issued a little over 24 hours into a mp case ... tells me something...

Other similar intimate partner crimes with similar DV backgrounds have never had such stuff happen so quickly.. (but it should!)..

at this point I completely applaud LE for their work and keeping everything very close to the vest.

Very unusual within the first 24/48 hrs of a missing adult...so they must know something...or found something pretty troubling. imo

God Bless them for the quick response.

I just get the feeling this is going to be another big case....don't know why tho. Hoping I'm wrong, and she is found safe...and soon.

My heart just breaks for all the people -- so many children and women, but men, too -- who are hurt by the people they love most.

By all accounts Rebecca is a sweet, well-loved person (anyone who can teach math to 6 graders qualifies for sainthood). Who knows why she stayed with this man after he hurt her, but she must have loved him. She didn't deserve any of this.

:( :( :(

As others have said, I feel I already know what happened. Sad that RS has suffered so by her spouse. Prayers for the family. Sad that this keeps happening :(!

I find it interesting (for lack of a better word) that if hubby did something in a fit of rage and then disposed of her, that he'd think to grab her purse and cell phone too.

Family and friends of Rebecca are heading up a search on Saturday starting at 9am. They are meeting at Lynchfield in Greensburg. (which isn't too far from her house) I would love to join in on the search, but I teach zumba then...

My friend actually works with one of Rebecca's relative. She called me last night because she knows I am a missing person freak. I wanted to get on the computer last night, but I was painting until 11pm.

As the media is now reporting, she put up with lots of physical abuse, not exactly sure why. The PFA she had against him even before they got married should have been a red flag not to marry him. I don't understand why these beautiful women put up with mens abuse!

The family knows more than what is out in the media. I just wish they would name the husband a POI!!!!

And the husband is claiming he saw her last on Monday, but from what I am hearing it was probably Saturday evening.

Please pray for her family.

I find it interesting (for lack of a better word) that if hubby did something in a fit of rage and then disposed of her, that he'd think to grab her purse and cell phone too.

I imagine it will be said soon. Trust me. I don't think I am allowed to say what hasn't been reported in the media??

I have been doing this missing persons thing a very long time, but I have never known anyone to know a missing person that made it to Websleuths, so I don't want to get in time out or in trouble.

I imagine it will be said soon. Trust me. I don't think I am allowed to say what hasn't been reported in the media??

I have been doing this missing persons thing a very long time, but I have never known anyone personally to know a missing person that made it to Websleuths, so I don't want to get in time out or in trouble.

Hopefully the truth will come out Today!!!

Chaddylex and any other locals to the case:

here is how to become verified as a local:

please send an email to
wsverify@xmission.com

Please include:

The case
Your Websleuths name
Your phone number and a good time to call
Your real name.

In the subject line please put which case you are asking to be verified on.

It will all be kept strictly confidential.

----------

and also a big welcome to all of our guests who are reading

bumping this up for Chaddy and anyone else local to the case who would like to be verified.

Family and friends of Rebecca are heading up a search on Saturday starting at 9am. They are meeting at Lynchfield in Greensburg. (which isn't too far from her house) I would love to join in on the search, but I teach zumba then...

My friend actually works with one of Rebecca's relative. She called me last night because she knows I am a missing person freak. I wanted to get on the computer last night, but I was painting until 11pm.

As the media is now reporting, she put up with lots of physical abuse, not exactly sure why. The PFA she had against him even before they got married should have been a red flag not to marry him. I don't understand why these beautiful women put up with mens abuse!

The family knows more than what is out in the media. I just wish they would name the husband a POI!!!!

And the husband is claiming he saw her last on Monday, but from what I am hearing it was probably Saturday evening.

Please pray for her family.
Wish they were searching today. This storm system coming in might make it quite difficult tomorrow morning. If they are calling for 1-2" in the city, they'll probably get 3-6" in that area.

At work and can't watch the video. Can you give a brief synopsis?

Interview with her older brother. He was pretty well composed on the surface, but you could tell he was very upset underneath. He said she would have never gone anywhere without her dogs and would have never, ever left her family. She was very close with her nieces and nephews, sister, himself. It showed the hand written PFO (or whatever they call it there) and described what it said. The reporter also said that they have been trying to contact David at the home and he is either not there or not answering the door and phone.

I hate to say it, but this one seems so obvious. Hopefully, LE will be able to get enough evidence for a conviction. In my opinion, the two contradictory elements to this story seal the deal for the husband's guilt. The fact that she had to check with her husband to see if it was okay that she visit a friend and the fact that the husband did not report her missing.

There is no way in you know where that a husband as controlling as that one, would not know her every move and hold her accountable. If she didn't come back when she was supposed to, he would have been calling everyone to find her--- not sitting on his hands and waiting for someone else to discover that she is missing.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PoignantEcho
Back