Rob Lowe to play Jeff Ashton in movie

Status
Not open for further replies.
a movie? not impressed, not in this lifetime :snooty: why keep giving the <modsnip> the attn she craves? wait 100 years to make a movie. it'll still leave audiences in fury even then.

Casey Anthony in 100 years will likely be like Lizzie Borden. When Borden was acquitted, she was branded "most hated" and people stayed away from her. No surprise that Borden is part of a small, but elite fraternity made up other people past and present. :crazy:

Lizzie Borden
Nathan Freudenthal Leopold, Jr. and Richard Albert Loeb
Bruno Hauptmann
Adolf Hitler
Joseph Stalin
Julius and Ethel Rosenberg
Madalyn Murray O'Hare
Charles Manson
Pol Pot
Idi Amin
Diane Downs
Ted Bundy
Jeffrey Dahmer
OJ Simpson
Robert Hanssen
Osama bin Laden
Fred Phelps
Joran van der Sloot
Lori Drew
Casey Anthony
Jerry Sandusky

Casey Anthony in 100 years will likely be like Lizzie Borden. When Borden was acquitted, she was branded "most hated" and people stayed away from her. No surprise that Borden is part of a small, but elite fraternity made up other people past and present.

Lizzie Borden
Nathan Freudenthal Leopold, Jr. and Richard Albert Loeb
Bruno Hauptmann
Adolf Hitler
Joseph Stalin
Julius and Ethel Rosenberg
Madalyn Murray O'Hare
Charles Manson
Pol Pot
Idi Amin
Diane Downs
Ted Bundy
Jeffrey Dahmer
OJ Simpson
Robert Hanssen
Osama bin Laden
Fred Phelps
Joran van der Sloot
Lori Drew
Casey Anthony
Jerry Sandusky

But Lizzie Borden isn't "most hated" anymore. There are quite a few people who believes she's innocent. I don't think you would find too many people who invest energy into hating her when we have plenty of modern murderers.

I've seen you post this list many times, and I really don't understand it. Are you saying that these people are on the same level of evilness? Osama and Idi Amin killed thousands of people, and Pol Pot killed millions of people, so I think they are in a class of their own. There were fireworks and celebrations 10 year after 9/11 when Osama died; I doubt you would see that reaction for Casey, OJ, Jerry, Joran, etc. Sure, people would be glad that they are dead, but it would be more "good riddance" than major celebration. After all, their actions didn't lead to war.

You might not agree with Fred Phelps or Madalyn Murray O'Hare's views, but they never killed anyone, so I don't get putting them on a list with murderers. Madalyn was even a victim of murder too, so it's insulting to same she's part of the same group as Ted Bundy.

Also, there are thousands of murderers so why aren't all of them on this list? And, some of the people on that list are part of history...and others like Lori Drew were a brief "flash in the pan" in the media.

That list bothers me a lot. Some of the people on it would get the biggest ego boost knowing they are equal to a dictator or the man who orchestrated the biggest terrorist attack in US History that changed the course of the world.

a movie? not impressed, not in this lifetime :snooty: why keep giving the <modsnip> the attn she craves? wait 100 years to make a movie. it'll still leave audiences in fury even then.

Glad you spoke up 2goldfiish - I was reading through the comments - and some choices are pretty hilarious but right on and thinking - why am I feeling queasy? :what:

So I guess I'm just going to be the party pooper and just say - anything at all that glamourizes this tragedy - which a movie can't help doing - just feels wrong. The injustice we all suffered with the not guilty verdict is not IMO going to be soothed by watching a movie about it - even from JA's point of view. It will be prettied up - a la Rob Lowe, who couldn't be gritty if he tried - and it was only be one more way to re-introduce FCA back into the spotlight.

Sorry to be the naysayer here - but I think this is one more group of people blatantly wanting their 15 minutes and their 15M on the death of this darling little girl who was so brutally murdered by her mother and betrayed by her grandparents.
:truce:

There's been movies about OJ, JonBenet, Laci, Natalee, Elizabeth, Stacy so I would've been shocked if they didn't make a movie. It almost seems like a movie is a given in any super high-profile case, and even ones that are less known but still sensational.

It's all about the money, money for the tv station, the sponsors, and I'm sad to say Jeff Ashton.
I know I won't be watching this "movie".
I saw the real thing and don't need any more reminders of a murderer go free.
I hope it's a flop.

Gotta disagree with some of you here.

I think this will not be good for FCA as it will condense what happened surrounding her, her attorneys, her parents and the trial but probably will set things out more clearly to a tv audience that didn't follow like we did.

Revenge comes sweetly in some unforseen ways.

How's that hiding out working for ya FCA? Better dig in for the winter... :seeya::seeya::seeya:

But Lizzie Borden isn't "most hated" anymore. There are quite a few people who believes she's innocent. I don't think you would find too many people who invest energy into hating her when we have plenty of modern murderers.

I've seen you post this list many times, and I really don't understand it. Are you saying that these people are on the same level of evilness? Osama and Idi Amin killed thousands of people, and Pol Pot killed millions of people, so I think they are in a class of their own. There were fireworks and celebrations 10 year after 9/11 when Osama died; I doubt you would see that reaction for Casey, OJ, Jerry, Joran, etc. Sure, people would be glad that they are dead, but it would be more "good riddance" than major celebration. After all, their actions didn't lead to war.

You might not agree with Fred Phelps or Madalyn Murray O'Hare's views, but they never killed anyone, so I don't get putting them on a list with murderers. Madalyn was even a victim of murder too, so it's insulting to same she's part of the same group as Ted Bundy.

Also, there are thousands of murderers so why aren't all of them on this list? And, some of the people on that list are part of history...and others like Lori Drew were a brief "flash in the pan" in the media.

That list bothers me a lot. Some of the people on it would get the biggest ego boost knowing they are equal to a dictator or the man who orchestrated the biggest terrorist attack in US History that changed the course of the world.

It is about how the public feels. Yes, Borden is no longer hated today as she was in the past. As for O'Hare, she was called the "most hated person" by Time magazine. I am not investing my hate in them as I am going by how history has treated them. History is history.

Some of them are getting the same level of hate someone who did 9/11. Just look at any social networking site and I have seen many comparison of Casey Anthony to Osama bin Laden, Hitler, etc. 9/11 was very horrifying and I remember it like yesterday. A painful time from the day and weeks following it. It is very touchy and emotionally charged topic by just mentioning it. It had a profound impact on me as it did to America.

Evil is evil. It is just the scale from killing one, thousands, or millions. They got the same psychology and mentality.

Movies are inevitable. I love the casting of Rob Lowe, he's a fave of mine and he did a fantastic job as Drew Peterson. He will rock it as Jeff Ashton, another fave of mine!

Meredith Baxter is a great choice for CA.

others who would be good:

KC
Ava Santana
Emily Van Camp
Madeline Zima
Neve Campbell

GA
Dennis Farina
Bill Paxton
Joe Kloenne
Adam Arkin

FG
Mark Ruffalo

LDB
Kate Capshaw
Patricia Arquette

LA
Milo Ventimiglia

Judge Perry
Ossie Davis
Charles S. Dutton
Wendell Pierce
Bill Duke

Glad you spoke up 2goldfiish - I was reading through the comments - and some choices are pretty hilarious but right on and thinking - why am I feeling queasy? :what:

So I guess I'm just going to be the party pooper and just say - anything at all that glamourizes this tragedy - which a movie can't help doing - just feels wrong. The injustice we all suffered with the not guilty verdict is not IMO going to be soothed by watching a movie about it - even from JA's point of view. It will be prettied up - a la Rob Lowe, who couldn't be gritty if he tried - and it was only be one more way to re-introduce FCA back into the spotlight.

Sorry to be the naysayer here - but I think this is one more group of people blatantly wanting their 15 minutes and their 15M on the death of this darling little girl who was so brutally murdered by her mother and betrayed by her grandparents.
:truce:

------------------

I will not watch anything about her. I will find the sponsors, and no more Lifetime. Can you tell I am P'O;d at this whole thing. I bought the book as I know where the money went. Her? she is Queen ch*t. :floorlaugh:

It is about how the public feels. Yes, Borden is no longer hated today as she was in the past. As for O'Hare, she was called the "most hated person" by Time magazine. I am not investing my hate in them as I am going by how history has treated them. History is history.

Some of them are getting the same level of hate someone who did 9/11. Just look at any social networking site and I have seen many comparison of Casey Anthony to Osama bin Laden, Hitler, etc. 9/11 was very horrifying and I remember it like yesterday. A painful time from the day and weeks following it. It is very touchy and emotionally charged topic by just mentioning it. It had a profound impact on me as it did to America.

Evil is evil. It is just the scale from killing one, thousands, or millions. They got the same psychology and mentality.

A few people on a social networking site comparing Casey to Bin Laden and Hitler does not represent the views of society. You only have to look at how we reacted to Bin Laden's crime to how we reacted to Casey's crime. After 9/11, we went to war with two different countries. We have been at war for over 10 years. What did we do after Caylee was found murdered? We vented our anger and sadness online, and of course, you had people screaming outside the Anthony home. No comparison.

Nobody likes Casey, but her crime isn't abnormal. People are more angry that she got away with than it than that she actually murdered her daughter. Bin Laden and Hitler's crimes are in a class of their own. If you want to say that "Evil is evil and it doesn't matter how many people you killed"...fine...but I have to disagree very strongly that there's a general sediment that Casey is the equivalent to Hitler. I think a lot of people would find it very offensive to compare the Holocaust and WWII to the Anthony Saga. I know I do.

Even on WS, where we are very emotionally invested in this case, I have barely seen anyone compare Casey to Hitler and Bin Laden....Heck, in some European countries, they have laws against denying the Holocaust. I doubt that in 60+ years, there will be a law in the US where you're not allowed to say that Casey is innocent.

Not sure how an Atheist deserves to be on the same list as murderers, that's kind of harsh. Especially when she was a murder victim herself.

Honestly, if you give any criminal mass media attention, the entire country will hate them. You might as well just make a list of every high-profile murderer in history.

Here's the perfect JB!

peeweeherman.jpg

http://i365.photobucket.com/albums/oo95/ecs5298/peeweeherman.jpg

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

A few people on a social networking site comparing Casey to Bin Laden and Hitler does not represent the views of society. You only have to look at how we reacted to Bin Laden's crime to how we reacted to Casey's crime. After 9/11, we went to war with two different countries. We have been at war for over 10 years. What did we do after Caylee was found murdered? We vented our anger and sadness online, and of course, you had people screaming outside the Anthony home. No comparison.

Nobody likes Casey, but her crime isn't abnormal. People are more angry that she got away with than it than that she actually murdered her daughter. Bin Laden and Hitler's crimes are in a class of their own. If you want to say that "Evil is evil and it doesn't matter how many people you killed"...fine...but I have to disagree very strongly that there's a general sediment that Casey is the equivalent to Hitler. I think a lot of people would find it very offensive to compare the Holocaust and WWII to the Anthony Saga. I know I do.

Even on WS, where we are very emotionally invested in this case, I have barely seen anyone compare Casey to Hitler and Bin Laden....Heck, in some European countries, they have laws against denying the Holocaust. I doubt that in 60+ years, there will be a law in the US where you're not allowed to say that Casey is innocent.

I agree with you that people are angry that she got away killing her daughter.
I'm also very angry that she pointed the finger at her own father, accused him of horrible things and just short of accusing him being guilty of Caylee's death.
She's a disgusting horrible "human being".

I hope they cast an unknown actress for OCA and they have no speaking parts.

LDB = Laura Linney
FG = Joe Pesci
GA= James Brolin
CA = Meredith Baxter
JB = Ciarán Hinds
DS = Jane Lynch
YM = George Clooney or Pierce Bronsan
JA = James Gandolfini

Movies are inevitable. I love the casting of Rob Lowe, he's a fave of mine and he did a fantastic job as Drew Peterson. He will rock it as Jeff Ashton, another fave of mine!

Meredith Baxter is a great choice for CA.

others who would be good:

KC
Ava Santana
Emily Van Camp
Madeline Zima
Neve Campbell

GA
Dennis Farina
Bill Paxton
Joe Kloenne
Adam Arkin

FG
Mark Ruffalo

LDB
Kate Capshaw
Patricia Arquette

LA
Milo Ventimiglia

Judge Perry
Ossie Davis
Charles S. Dutton
Wendell Pierce
Bill Duke

I agree they are but none of the movies I have watched have ever been able to duplicate or even come close to the raw horror of the case. And just how much of that can they portray in a movie about the case that will "open the eyes of the public" against FCA when she was found "not guilty"?
I believe any movie through the very process of having "stars" act out what real people did dummies down the feelings and actions behind it - it makes it some kind of a spectator sport and disengages us from the reality of the case. After all - a movie IS entertainment and somehow makes it acceptable. This is a movie not a forensic file documentary. I think we'll have more FCA supporters after it, not less.:banghead:

Remember this is a Lifetime TV Movie...so keep that in mind when suggesting actors and actresses.

Remember this is a Lifetime TV Movie...so keep that in mind when suggesting actors and actresses.

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm just goofing around and noting who looks or reminds me of someone - I wouldn't expect George Clooney to play a part in this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie