Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have the 2nd pic at the beach Ive been looking but can't find it it was the one where they are standing up

After a week-long search for Brittanee Drexel involving several law enforcement agencies, officials may have a clue to her whereabouts.

A pair of sunglasses, resembling those that the then-17-year-old wore in a picture taken with friends on April 26, were found Monday in an area near the Santee River in Georgetown County, said Monica Caison, founder of the Community United Effort Center for Missing Persons.

http://www.thesunnews.com/news/breaking_news/story/1211249.html

I don't know why it says her pic was taken 4/26 when we all know she disappeared 4/25. Typo, I suppose.

Thanks and that pics also shows AL wearing the sunglasses their was one more with them both standing up can't remember if bd had them on or on top her head not sure.

i remember seeing a picture with sunglasses too.. on top of her head. I think i even had that image .. but the backup drive that i had everything on went into a hard lock and i cant get anything off it.

i remember seeing a picture with sunglasses too.. on top of her head. I think i even had that image .. but the backup drive that i had everything on went into a hard lock and i cant get anything off it.

I think I saw the pic all the way to the right of chili fries last link :)

The downside is that if they were exposed to heavy rains DNA could probably be washed away from the hard surfaces of sunglasses.

The pic online of them in the bag didn't look to be in too bad of condition makes me wonder if they are really Brits?

Did anyone happen to save this image in its full size??? Also does anyone know how far from where the glasses were found to where they were doing the last big search??

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 57
This photo doesn't show Brittanee wearing sunglasses, but does show in the lower right corner that they had male companions - wonder who took these photos?

Attachments

• pinkbikini.jpg
    pinkbikini.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 41
Drexel search resumes after sunglasses found in North Santee
Published Saturday, December 12, 2009 6:27 AM

A pair of sunglasses — the same kind often worn by a New York 17-year-old who has been missing for several months — led to a new search near the Georgetown-Charleston County line last week.

Brittanee Drexel — last seen in Myrtle Beach in April — was photographed in the days before her disappearance wearing sunglasses.

A pair of very similar sunglasses was found last Monday by a group of people walking near the Santee River, according to Monica Caison, founder of the Community United Effort Center for Missing Persons

http://www.gtowntimes.com/local/Dre...sses-found-in-North-Santee2009-12-12T04-27-47

This photo doesn't show Brittanee wearing sunglasses, but does show in the lower right corner that they had male companions - wonder who took these photos?

No, but this picture does:
picture.php

unfortunately it's not bigger.

And the pictures were in JO's FB album.

it was the guys on the trip with them phil O and Ugar (i think that spellings right). If you look at the other pic (with only AL wearing the glasses) check out the piles of clothes sunglasses on the ground. Yellow mens glasses. Then their is a pic on the link (on this page) with phil wearing the yellow mens glasses.

Heres a link that show you how area looks, here in SC we have a town called Santee near Orangeburg sc this is not Santee there searching (i think this link the other poster posted for distance) but this North Santee River area they searching,,most all swamps (Francis Marion National Forest they searching from Georgetown to Charleston County line near Awendaw,,,, hope it help you see area they search,once you open the link scroll half way down till you see map,,
http://gofishingforum.net/tide.pl?l...uth Carolina&state=SC&lat=33.1333&lon=79.2500

Heres a link that show you how area looks, here in SC we have a town called Santee near Orangeburg sc this is not Santee there searching (i think this link the other poster posted for distance) but this North Santee River area they searching,,most all swamps (Francis Marion National Forest they searching from Georgetown to Charleston County line near Awendaw,,,, hope it help you see area they search,once you open the link scroll half way down till you see map,,
http://gofishingforum.net/tide.pl?l...uth Carolina&state=SC&lat=33.1333&lon=79.2500

Hey Rose

What is public access like into that part of the area they are searching? Can just anyone make their way there or would this be a place like mainly associated with locals or someone previously from that area? Any idea? Access roads - can you use them easily with a regular vehicle or would this require 4-wheel drive or some type of all terrain vehicle?

How does one enter this area? Able to drive right in or is there a pay booth at the entrance (like in other national park areas)? If yes, is it a staffed booth or honor system? Or is there a way to "bypass" this? Designated camping areas?

If this is a "paid" area is it open year round?

Anything you could add about the area they are searching would be most welcomed!

Hey Rose

What is public access like into that part of the area they are searching? Can just anyone make their way there or would this be a place like mainly associated with locals or someone previously from that area? Any idea? Access roads - can you use them easily with a regular vehicle or would this require 4-wheel drive or some type of all terrain vehicle?

How does one enter this area? Able to drive right in or is there a pay booth at the entrance (like in other national park areas)? If yes, is it a staffed booth or honor system? Or is there a way to "bypass" this? Designated camping areas?

If this is a "paid" area is it open year round?

Anything you could add about the area they are searching would be most welcomed!

Hey MBLOVER I think (could be wrong) that it is mostly newyorkers who have to pay to enter parks (just another tax by our overtaxed state LOL) most states I think don't. JMO

Rose- is this the same area the first search was at last May? I remember the Francis National Forest. I thought it was supposedly dangerous with wild animals etc. Do people normally camp there? Also, is it mostly accessed by boat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3bell4010066bppts