OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Schreiber said she and her son, Jacob, 9, were interviewed Sunday by a federal agent. She said she told the agent that Friday was an especially hectic day at Skyline.

"On a normal day, seeing a stranger will make you go, 'Hmm. I wonder who that is?' On such a hectic day as Friday, there was such a lot going on. To tell you the truth, I was focused on looking at the (science) project and helping Jacob fill out his (evaluation) form and not on the faces around me."

Schreiber said Kyron was supposed to perform in the school's talent show at 1 p.m. but she didn't see him there.

This is what is so bothersome,so many parents,people not all knowing one another,a stranger could have come in the unsecured door and had parked in that back parking lot.So he wasn't seen at 1pm when he was supposed to perform in the school talent show.

Nora Schreiber, a Skyline parent and volunteer, said the school has three main entrances and one secure exit. Two of the doorways are near the main office and are monitored, while a third on the north side of the school is not. Kyron's classroom is adjacent to that door, which opens onto a rear parking lot.

There are so many different stories, but at the same time is really is just additions to what we already know but some of the gaps are finally being filled in. Does that make any sense to anyone?

I don't think his classroom was on the 2nd floor of the school, she says door not stairwell.

there are the reports and I can't find them now, but it says that the student saw him by the south entrance by Kyron's classroom. Then tarabull quotes the article that says his classroom is on the second floor. Then we have this report that there is an unsecured exit next to his classroom which is on the north side.

Too confusing to me.

Read what one parent wrote in the comments section on this abc site.

“my daughter goes to this school the worth (sic-worst) safety wise i ever seen. restrooms located at the end of the building by the huge park where anybody can be..scary!! i told my child not to go to the restrooms during the lessons and by herself."
http://abcnews.go.com/US/Media/kyro...entary-school/comments?type=story&id=10836677

This looks like a photo of Kyron and his science project inside the school.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/Media/kyron-horman-missing-disappeared-elementary-school/story?id=10836677

Schreiber said she and her son, Jacob, 9, were interviewed Sunday by a federal agent. She said she told the agent that Friday was an especially hectic day at Skyline.

"On a normal day, seeing a stranger will make you go, 'Hmm. I wonder who that is?' On such a hectic day as Friday, there was such a lot going on. To tell you the truth, I was focused on looking at the (science) project and helping Jacob fill out his (evaluation) form and not on the faces around me."

Schreiber said Kyron was supposed to perform in the school's talent show at 1 p.m. but she didn't see him there.

This is what is so bothersome,so many parents,people not all knowing one another,a stranger could have come in the unsecured door and had parked in that back parking lot.So he wasn't seen at 1pm when he was supposed to perform in the school talent show.

It seems that we have another confirmation that he was supposed to be in the talent show, but no family member was going to go to it?

Just commenting on the strangeness of it. I would think that a talent show would be more exciting than looking at a science project that the family had already seen.

And if he was so shy, it would be fun to see him perform in a talent show.

But if it was a "stranger", that "stranger" would have to know the school pretty darn well to know about the unsecured door.

I put quotes around "stranger" because i don't think it was some random perp off of the street. I would guess that it was someone more familiar with the school.

MULTNOMAH COUNTY SHERIFF DANIEL STATON WRITTEN STATEMENT/ UPDATE ON MISSING KYRON CASE
Posted: June 6th, 2010 9:33 PM
As promised, I am making another statement this evening; the investigative team has briefed me on the status of the operation and investigative steps as we continue to press forward. We have interviewed close to 200 children and want to thank the children and their families for coming in to help us as we try to bring Kyron home. Based on everything I know, we will continue to run this operation as a missing child investigation. Given the passage of time and the weather, we are characterizing this case as a missing endangered child. By escalating this to a missing endangered child case, we hope to heighten the focus and maintain public interest.I want to reiterate the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office commitment to this effort and want to thank media outlets, all of the allied agencies which have joined in the effort and the public for your extremely valuable support.We have developed a lot of information which has to be processed thoroughly, and I am not in a position to divulge any specifics of our investigative plan at this time. I will share with you that search efforts will continue and that secondary searches of some areas will be undertaken.We will also be continuing to interview students and anyone who has or believes they have information related to the case.

Thank you, Sheriff Daniel Staton
Contact Info: Lt. Mary Lindstrand
Public Information Officer
Multnomah County Sheriff's Office
http://www.kptv.com/newslinks/23813694/detail.html

It seems that we have another confirmation that he was supposed to be in the talent show, but no family member was going to go to it?

Just commenting on the strangeness of it. I would think that a talent show would be more exciting than looking at a science project that the family had already seen.

And if he was so shy, it would be fun to see him perform in a talent show.

But if it was a "stranger", that "stranger" would have to know the school pretty darn well to know about the unsecured door.

I put quotes around "stranger" because i don't think it was some random perp off of the street. I would guess that it was someone more familiar with the school.

Oh Wow,I didn't even think about that,his mother was on facebook and not going to the talent show?

Hiya Human,

Do you recall where you read the report that TH said Kyron had an appointment???

TIA
:)

Hiya Human,

Do you recall where you read the report that TH said Kyron had an appointment???

TIA

It was a comment to a newspaper/tv article, made my an anonymous poster.
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5255562&postcount=532"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - OR OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010[/ame]

Okay, I know it was discussed by locals earlier that they should... but does anyone know if they have actually searched Forest or Linnton Parks yet?

If they have cleared the 2 or 3 mile radius around the school they may have... if they didn't, they came really close.

They actually may have searched Linnton park because it appears at least part of it is less than 2 miles east of the school if you are flying above.

Forrest still appears to be a bit more than 3 miles south east of the school when flying.

I would think with the "infared system, heat detection and a search pattern grid to not miss an inch" that searching those two large areas would have been feasible. Even just flying over with the infared and heat detection would have been a good idea.

Major waterways appear to be 3.5 miles or further away from the school, again east of the school. Though there is no way he walked to those by himself. But, they are there and close. Does anyone know if they have started to search those?? Those are usually pretty standard in a missing child case as well.

I wonder if any of these are some of the new areas they intend to search... if they have not already.

(BBM)
KATU's reporter Meghan said she has spoken to Kyron's bio-mom and that she would like to talk but can't because she doesn't want to hamper the investigation.

That tells me that LE has asked the parents to keep away from the media. JMO

If true... after seeing too many of these cases now, I really think that keeping the parents/family out of media, at least initially, may be for the best. I can see how it can, and often does, add a whole other element for LE to have to contend with when the initial primary focus should be completely investigation centered. We, the public, are oftentimes anxious to see and hear from the family in order to assess/or get a feel for them so that we can determine for ourselves whether we think they're involved or not but I think that LE may be able to make that determination much easier and more quickly without the public's opinion added to the mix. JMHO ~

there are the reports and I can't find them now, but it says that the student saw him by the south entrance by Kyron's classroom. Then tarabull quotes the article that says his classroom is on the second floor. Then we have this report that there is an unsecured exit next to his classroom which is on the north side.

Too confusing to me.

From the presser:

Kyron was last seen at a later hour in the morning at a south entrance door to the school.

I didn't see or hear it was a student that saw him, I'll have to listen to presser again.

http://www.kptv.com/kyron-horman/index.html

Has it stated anywhere that the science fair was for the older kids also,up to 8th grade.I'm wondering if the older ones were wandering in the halls during that time or maybe out in the parking lot just getting to school.

Hiya Human,

TIA

Hiya Tara to you. No, I do not recall where the appointment thing was except in that Drood report. Then someone referred to a question asked of LE about the appointment , and LE refused to comment on it.

That's all I know.

But, does it make sense that SM would do something to the child after saying that he has an appt ? Then he turns up missing and she calls the school to ask where he is? Now that makes no sense at all.

But no family member going to the talent show makes no sense at all either.

None of it makes any sense from the school not wondering where he was, to the north, the south, the second floor,maybe more. IDK

Okay, I know it was discussed by locals earlier that they should... but does anyone know if they have actually searched Forest or Linnton Parks yet?

If they have cleared the 2 or 3 mile radius around the school they may have... if they didn't, they came really close.

They actually may have searched Linnton park because it appears at least part of it is less than 2 miles east of the school if you are flying above.

Forrest still appears to be a bit more than 3 miles south east of the school when flying.

I would think with the "infared system, heat detection and a search pattern grid to not miss an inch" that searching those two large areas would have been feasible. Even just flying over with the infared and heat detection would have been a good idea.

Major waterways appear to be 3.5 miles or further away from the school, again east of the school. Though there is no way he walked to those by himself. But, they are there and close. Does anyone know if they have started to search those?? Those are usually pretty standard in a missing child case as well.

I wonder if any of these are some of the new areas they intend to search... if they have not already.

But if he is just lost in the woods somewhere how would the parents talking to the media hamper the investigation?

If you look at the link below it shows searchers loading a raft into what I believe is some kind of water retention/farm pond.. Also there is a creek in the trees back behind the school, along with a railroad tunnel close by.

http://www.childseeknetwork.com/hormansearch.htm

I did hear them talking on the local scanner about doing a water search yesterday somewhere in the area, but the other areas I could not verify because they have asked the public not to be in the search areas.

Ever since they started reporting this early Friday evening, the information has been varied depending on who is reporting..

Has it stated anywhere that the science fair was for the older kids also,up to 8th grade.I'm wondering if the older ones were wandering in the halls during that time or maybe out in the parking lot just getting to school.

The school goes up to 8th grade and they don't drive, but maybe a teen was dropping off a sib on the way to school. Maybe even a friend of the step brother?? Hm. I just thought of that.

We just happened to have ( where I live and it's considered safe), 2 brutal crimes committed by a 14 year old , 2 16 year olds and an 18 year old.

So teens are in the mix as far as I am concerned.

Guess I'm wondering what anyone expects him to do once he finds out - worry is about it! He's away having a good time for the weekend with his dad - honest, I would not take the time to upset him, especially since there are so few answers. moo mho and all that stuff!

I would certainly expect that LE would have wanted to interview him *very* quickly after Kyron's disappearance. This is a stepbrother of the missing child, who lives in the same area, and has presumably spent a fair amount of time with Kyron. Little boys say things to their big brothers/stepbrothers -- sometimes things they don't say to adults. LE should have been urgently interviewing *all* family members to try to find out if Kyron had said or done *anything* recently that might provide a clue as to what has happened to him. Casually waiting for the stepbrother's Boy Scout camping trip to be over, before interviewing him, strikes me as so bizarre that I have trouble believing it. But if they have already interviewed him, even if only by phone, and the grandmother he lives with imagines that they haven't and that he'll just be finding out Kyron's missing when he gets home from the camping trip, that sets off some major alarm bells for me.

The step brother didn't live there, he was reported to live with grandparents and attend school several hours away as I recall, so probably did not have friends there at that school district.

jmoo

I hope people are right and LE does have an idea and they are waiting for someone to show them where Kyron is.

It seems according to reports that no one saw him after 8:45 until a child saw him by the classroom later in the AM.

If this is true, Kyron managed to escape any detection of his whereabouts for at least over and hour or more.

I guess you can never predict what kids will do, taking Nadia as an example.

If the report of the classmate is true, i just wonder what Kyron was up to.

That made me wonder if Kyron might be trying to join/find his step brother on the camping trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member