Amanda Knox New Motivation Report RE: Meredith Kercher Murder #1 *new trial ordered*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad to see the discussion back. :)

Next up, presumably, is the defense and or prosecution appeal motions. Due by the end of the month.

Anyone want to make a guess as to whether:

1. The defense (Amanda's) will appeal the one standing conviction, calunnia.

2. The prosecution will appeal

3. The outcome at the end of any appeals

How about the other related cases? Aren't there a pile of charges against AK, her family, the Sollecito family and various lawyers pending?

I as well am glad to see this discussion back up and out of the basement thus would like to thank the moderators.

I believe a wide berth was given to the defense with respect to the calunnia conviction and the defense will appeal.

As for the prosecution appealing I would have to ask based on what? I am certain they will try to find areas but am uncertain after reading the MR that there truly are any areas.

I believe the calunnia conviction will be overturned.

We must also remember that there are still court cases pending against her parents etc.

"Carlo Dalla Vedova, one of Knox's lawyers, said she "loves Italy and likes Perugia" and that she would like to return to the country "as a tourist, but if necessary she will return to testify in the trials against her parents," Italian wire service Ansa reported.
Dalla Vedova told ABC News, "I hope they will be acquitted.They certainly didn't make any defamatory remarks when they repeated Amanda's statement to the press."

http://news.yahoo.com/amanda-knox-loves-italy-may-back-173533033--abc-news.html

I as well must ask if anyone has seen any updates on Frank's case?

I as well must ask if anyone has seen any updates on Frank's case?
I have not; I would be interested in hearing any updates, though. Sfarzo has not posted anything about it.

http://www./viewArticle.action?articleId=281474981060523

Big petition to sign for Sfarzo on IIP now.

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

OMG I simply do not know where to start with this.

So how about this bill for the powerpoint presentation

"The bill has arrived (one of many)

For an animated sketch ordered by Mignini and Comodi, of absolutely no use, of maximum value 15,000 Euros, the tribunal has had to pay 182,784 Euros!

The two geniuses of law had sent the bill to Amanda and Raffaele!

What’s to laugh at, why not? Which prisoner, having nothing and millions in debt to their lawyers, doesn’t have 182,000 Euros in their cell?

Who do you think should pay the bill of 182,000 Euros spent for a video-game with which Mignini and Comodi had fun for all of 20 minutes?"

Big petition to sign for Sfarzo on IIP now.

I had thought that Malkmus quite some time ago had stated that there was a movie in the works from the perspective of a journalist.

I could be mistaken but don't believe that I am.

I will state once more for the record that I am of the opinion that this could not be presented in a 2 hour movie.

A documentary/mini series I believe would do greater justice to this case.

I had thought that Malkmus quite some time ago had stated that there was a movie in the works from the perspective of a journalist.

I could be mistaken but don't believe that I am.

I will state once more for the record that I am of the opinion that this could not be presented in a 2 hour movie.

A documentary/mini series I believe would do greater justice to this case.

Here you go:

director Michael Winterbottom is moving ahead with his own version of the story, and he's got significantly greater starpower behind him; according to The Guardian, Colin Firth is interested in starring in the film.

No, he won't be playing anyone involved with the murder, but a journalist covering the case, which was the subject of extraordinary media focus in Italy (Wikipedia has a good rundown of the case if you're not familiar). Winterbottom doesn't seem all that interested in the specifics of the trial itself-- "I have no view on whether they did it, the film will not be about that. There is unlikely to be a character playing Knox,"-- but rather the journalists who may or may not have influenced the trial's outcome with their constant speculation about the facts. "The taking sides over the case was extreme here," he said. "There was no explanation that covered everything and the journalists were drawn in in a way you would not expect."

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Mich...-Firth-For-Amanda-Knox-Trial-Movie-21035.html

Don't know if it's still happening though.

http://www./viewArticle.action?articleId=281474981060523

I finally had the opportunity to read this book and was actually impressed specifically with certain aspects.

She was able to give perspectives in many areas which had not been discussed much if at all till lately

I finally had the opportunity to read this book and was actually impressed specifically with certain aspects.

She was able to give perspectives in many areas which had not been discussed much if at all till lately

Curious about any areas that haven't been discussed much.

Anyone know if the prosecutors have filed their appeal yet? Heard talk on PMF that it was in the offing. In any case , they have another 13 days...

Elsewhere a commenter wrote, “A failure of TMB on a positive luminal hit is not considered to establish a lack of blood but is rather considered a failure of the TMB test which is several factors less sensitive than luminal.” Let’s see what the Hellmann report has to say:

“Professor Tagliabracci, specified, without being refuted (hearing of July 18 2009, p. 174), that the tetramethylbenzedine (TMB) test is very sensitive, so much as to give a positive result even with only five red blood cells present. Dr. Stefanoni herself, moreover, clarified (preliminary hearing of October 4 2008) that, while a positive test result could be deceptive due to reactivity of the chemical [evidenziatore] with other substances, a negative result gives certainty that no blood is present.”

[Impronte evidenziate dal luminol con profilo biologico utile, pp. 100-106; translated by roteoctober]
This passage indicates that a negative TMB result carries more weight than a positive result, but it also means that Stefanoni’s failure to provide this information to the defense is even more difficult to justify.

One thing that has always bothered me was Frank's description of Dr. Giobbi's testimony, back in the fall of 2009. Giobbi testified he heard Amanda scream. It is difficult to see why she would scream if the interrogation were as placid as ILE claims that it was?

This is one thing I have as well always questioned. If they were that distance from the interrogation room how they he of heard her scream? He could not of.

The other explanation could be that he was very close by which we know from the CNN interviews he was with Mignini during this time.

The one that would make the most sense is if they were watching the interrogation thus it was taped. How else would Mignini know the first statement meant nothing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie