CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
With a husband that was a handyman and three sons we always had some kind of sawing, sanding and everything else going on in our garage or backyard, even in the evenings. Seems most of the men in our neighborhood did the same thing. Not odd to me.

I didn't say or think it was "odd". You probably had some of the guys in the neighborhood dropping by to see what was getting done that day, too. My thinking is this guy wouldn't want anyone "stopping by" to see what he was doing.
And my original intention was to point out that this kind of thing doesn't need power tools. He may have used them....but he could just as easily pulled it off without any.

Oh my, my eyes are old, but I'm not seeing any limbs!

Don't feel bad about that, I couldn't see anything when that photo was posted several threads ago. People see what they want to see, I guess.

I think most of us saw the overhead shots of a white-covered "body part" being removed on a stretcher, and there were clearly no legs sticking out.

Lol, I know. I would have hated him from the 1st second of meeting him and gotten the heebiejeebies.

Since Bundy is getting some face time here, I would have never seen anything there until it was too late. It would have taken me too long to guess just what that little something was. But everyone loved him, even that Governor Campaign he did. He was just mister nice guy, average looking yuppy wannabe', until Mr. Hyde came out.
------------

Agree. And since Bundy is getting some notice here, Colorado residents may want to review this program, as it concerns past murders of young women in their state of Colorado:

FBI Informant Charged With Four Murders

http://abcnews.go.com/US/fbi-informant-scott-kimball-charged-murders/story?id=8772640

We also commonly hear the sound of power tools in the evening, from at least one neighbor. We wouldn't question it.

Jefferson County, Co has a noise abatement policy from 7 pm - 7 am where the sound can be no louder than 50 decibels. For instance a lawnmower in 100 decibels.

http://jeffco.us/cadm/cadm_T26_R30.htm
Scroll down to Part 3: regulations
Noise abatement

We have a similar law here in Santa Fe, NM. You start making all that racket and a neighbor may call LE. Last thing the killer would want, IMO.

Warning ... somewhat graphic

Without going into detail, it was only by looking that the images posted here yesterday that I came to understand the crime better. I initially thought that this crime was carried out at the location where the body was found. I no longer believe that. I also now find it easier to understand the police statement that someone in the area is responsible. It's my opinion that Jessica was taken to a building (shop, garage, home, etc.). I think that one of these locations is where she was assaulted and murdered. I suspect that she was transported to the culvert area late Friday night/early Saturday morning. I think that someone was using power tools late Friday night ... and anyone that heard this should take note ... it's not a normal time to be using power tools ... like a skill saw. Much as I did not want to see the images, after they were posted, I used them to better understand the crime scene.

jmo

I agree. It also helped me to understand why the body was left how it was. If I saw what I think I did, then he definitely did everything possible to remove any traces of HIS dna.

I didn't say or think it was "odd". You probably had some of the guys in the neighborhood dropping by to see what was getting done that day, too. My thinking is this guy wouldn't want anyone "stopping by" to see what he was doing.
And my original intention was to point out that this kind of thing doesn't need power tools. He may have used them....but he could just as easily pulled it off without any.

In the garage with the doors closed people just didn't drop by to see what was going on. Most of them were busy in their own garage. It was not a rare thing in my neighborhood. I still hear power tools once in awhile even tho most of us are getting on in years. The word "odd" was just my choice of words, nothing personal.

Not sure who Some posts are being directed at but I'll respond anyway. I'm not telling anyone what to post....I just agreed with another poster and stated how I felt about it.
If it was me that was murdered and cut into pieces I wouldn't want a bunch of people on the Internet who have nothing to do with LE looking at pictures of my dismembered body. Id feel the same if it were my child too.
IMO its disrespectful to the victim.
All just my opinion.

I think everyone is entitled to their own opinion on this, because I feel the opposite. If someone did this to my daughter, I would want it on the front page of every newspaper in America. I would want people OUTRAGED and ready to do ANYTHING to find the killer. If it helped solve the crime, I would let anyone look at anything they wanted to, including photos of the body.

Don't feel bad about that, I couldn't see anything when that photo was posted several threads ago. People see what they want to see, I guess.

I think most of us saw the overhead shots of a white-covered "body part" being removed on a stretcher, and there were clearly no legs sticking out.

I could not make out anything and I have my reading glasses on.

Bur one comment here:

I do not think her body being not intact had anything to do with animals.

The look on LE's face was terror to me. And not that kind of terror.

Jefferson County, Co has a noise abatement policy from 7 pm - 7 am where the sound can be no louder than 50 decibels. For instance a lawnmower in 100 decibels.

Noise abatement

We have a similar law here in Santa Fe, NM. You start making all that racket and a neighbor may call LE. Last thing the killer would want, IMO.

Good to know that since I live in Jefferson County. We have probably weed whacked after 7 pm in the summer .. ooops! But the people who really annoy me are doing weed whacking or construction early on weekend mornings! Had no idea we had an actual ordinance about it.

But I hear lots of sawing, construction noises etc. on weekends around here.

Noise abatement

Not to mention the "guy thing" curiosity factor. Men just love to see what we're doing when the power saw is on. Neighbor's stop by just to be sociable when things start buzzing. I think testosterone and power tools share DNA.

I could not make out anything and I have my reading glasses on.

Bur one comment here:

I do not think her body being not intact had anything to do with animals.

The look on LE's face was terror to me. And not that kind of terror.

Yes, they know exactly what happened to Jessica's body and they are outraged, IMO

------------

Agree. And since Bundy is getting some notice here, Colorado residents may want to review this program, as it concerns past murders of young women in their state of Colorado:

FBI Informant Charged With Four Murders

http://abcnews.go.com/US/fbi-informant-scott-kimball-charged-murders/story?id=8772640

I don't think he is out, although many criminals are informants everywhere, and some are dangerous.

End of second page:

In January of 2009, Scott Kimball provided authorities with a handwritten map to a location west of Vail Pass in Colorado. Investigators had to wait until the snow melted in June, but were able to locate the remains of Terry Kimball at the precise location Scott Kimball had drawn on his map.

Kimball was already in custody before his arrest on murder charges. In December 2008, he was sentenced to 48 years in prison on theft and habitual offender charges. At that time, the affidavit says he signed a "memorandum of understanding" that he would plead guilty to one count of second-degree murder, but be immune to further prosecution for other murders.

A condition of the memorandum was that Kimball lead authorities to the remains of Jennifer Marcum, LeAnn Emry, and Terry Kimball. Kaysi McLeod's remains had already been recovered without Kimball's help.

Catherine Olguin with the Boulder District Attorney's office told ABC News that she could not comment on why Kimball is being charged with two counts of second-degree murder given the memorandum of understanding. Prosecutors plan on holding a press conference after Kimball's arraignment Thursday.

Noise abatement

Wish we had that! Actually, we might have it but police are unable to enforce it. Because we have a law about not setting off fireworks other than in very specific areas, but for about a month before and after Independence Day people shoot them off all over the city, in crowded neighborhoods!

Good to know that since I live in Jefferson County. We have probably weed whacked after 7 pm in the summer .. ooops! But the people who really annoy me are doing weed whacking or construction early on weekend mornings! Had no idea we had an actual ordinance about it.

But I hear lots of sawing, construction noises etc. on weekends around here.

Haha! So my city isn't the only one where ordinances are routinely ignored and not enforced!

I think everyone is entitled to their own opinion on this, because I feel the opposite. If someone did this to my daughter, I would want it on the front page of every newspaper in America. I would want people OUTRAGED and ready to do ANYTHING to find the killer. If it helped solve the crime, I would let anyone look at anything they wanted to, including photos of the body.

I agree. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion on it.
Flutterby posted her opinion on it and I and others agreed. I'm not sure why it's turning into an issue. :waitasec:

I see both sides of this. I do not want to see the pics myself but I understand why others are interested and how it could be a useful thing in figuring out this guy's profile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288