NY - Search for escaped convicted killers, David Sweat & Richard Matt, Dannemora #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
7C8LHE1.jpg

RICHARD MATT and DAVID SWEAT

Search underway for two murderers missing from state prison in Dannemora
PUBLISHED: SATURDAY, JUNE 6, 2015 AT 9:43 AM - UPDATED: SATURDAY, JUNE 6, 2015 AT 11:18 AM
Daily Courier-Observer

DANNEMORA - A search is underway for two prisoners, both serving sentences for murder convictions, that were discovered missing early Saturday morning from Clinton Correctional Facility in Dannemora.

New York State Police said they received a call at 5:45 a.m. Saturday from corrections’ officials reporting two prisoners were unaccounted for during a 5:30 a.m. bed check. State police are now currently searching for the two escaped prisoners.

They are:
Richard Matt, 48, a white male, 6’ tall, 210 pounds, with black hair and hazel eyes. He has tattoos on back “Mexico Forever”, a heart on his chest and left shoulder, and a marine corps insignia on his right shoulder.

David Sweat, 34, white male, 5’11” tall, 165 pounds, brown hair and green eyes. He has tattoos on his left bicep and his right fingers
NY Gov.: 2 Convicted Murderers Used Power Tools to Escape
DANNEMORA, N.Y. — Jun 6, 2015, 4:50 PM ET
ABC News/AP

Two convicted murderers used power tools to cut through steel pipes at a maximum-security prison near the Canadian border and escape through a manhole, Gov. Andrew Cuomo said Saturday.

"It was an elaborate plot," Cuomo said after joining law enforcement authorities to retrace the prisoners' escape route from the Clinton Correctional Facility in Dannemora, N.Y.

[...]
"A search revealed that here was a hole cut out of the back of the cell through which these inmates escaped," Annucci said. "They went onto a catwalk which is about 6 stories high. We estimate they climbed down and had power tools and were able to get out to this facility through tunnels, cutting away at several spots."

Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3

Massive Search For Escaped Inmates
Two escaped from Clinton Correctional Facility
UPDATED 6:26 PM EDT Jun 06, 2015

DANNEMORA, N.Y. —New York State Police say they are searching for two inmates described as "dangerous" who escaped overnight from Clinton Correctional Facility.

[...]
The Governor calls the escape "extraordinary" and says it's the first time anyone has escaped from the maximum security portion of the facility since it opened in 1865.

[...]
State police have set up numerous roadblocks in the greater Dannemora area as they search for the escapees. WPTZ's Vanessa Misciagna reports armed troopers are searching every vehicle on Route 374 at a police checkpoint, and dozens of troopers and corrections officers are searching the woods off Smith Street.

Anyone who sees people resembling the prisoners or with any information should call State Police at 563-3761.

ETA: You can watch the news conference at this link.

http://www.wptz.com/news/governor-holds-news-conference-on-prison-escape/33438874

I noticed some stuff that didn't make sense regarding the path the guys would've made to get from Dannemora to Lindley to Friendship so I will go ahead and re-post this map that shows the likely path, which of course presumes they're riding the rails on freight trains as often as possible:

CH-41JpVAAElt4n.jpg:large

There is no doubling back IMO AFAIK.

Search for prisoners continues Sunday in Allegany County
June 21 2015

Law enforcement agencies from around the state continued Sunday to investigate a possible sighting of two men in Allegany County who escaped from Clinton Correctional Facility.

Early Sunday morning, caravans holding New York state corrections officers arrived in Amity in to help continue the search throughout Allegany County. Officers from Elmira, Attica, Gowanda and Collins correctional facilities all were contributing to the search.

Allegany Sheriff's, Forest Rangers, NYS Police, U.S. Marshall and the FBI were also gathered at the command post in Friendship on Sunday morning.

Since I'm brand new to WS...I'm just curious what the record is for threads related to one topic. This is the 4th one related to Matt and Sweat.

Since I'm brand new to WS...I'm just curious what the record is for threads related to one topic. This is the 4th one related to Matt and Sweat.

oh gosh they go into the 20s sometimes I think. They have entire dedicated forums for some cases!

TY Moderator !
GGE: That map you've re-posted IMO is VERY, very helpful to understand how those 2 men are likely thinkin' right now !

"William Duffy, a spokesman for the New York State Police, said a woman driving on a rural road in the area saw two men emerge from the woods, then quickly duck back in. She told police one had red hair like Sweat and the other pulled a hooded sweatshirt over his head."

http://www.sharonherald.com/news/lo...cle_a1619c5c-17c4-11e5-b19a-43e8cf4f97c9.html

Hm. The last article I quoted had said that a woman out in her barn area with her dog spotted them. Well either way the part that jumps out at me is that Sweat has red hair.

I have never seen this mentioned before and I do not see it as red in his mug shot.

How do you all feel about this?

ETA:

"William Duffy, a spokesman for the New York State Police, said a woman driving on a rural road in the area saw two men emerge from the woods, then quickly duck back in. She told police one had red hair like Sweat and the other pulled a hooded sweatshirt over his head."

http://www.sharonherald.com/news/lo...cle_a1619c5c-17c4-11e5-b19a-43e8cf4f97c9.html

Hm. The last article I quoted had said that a woman out in her barn area with her dog spotted them. Well either way the part that jumps out at me is that Sweat has red hair.

I have never seen this mentioned before and I do not see it as red in his mug shot.

How do you all feel about this?

ETA:

In his arrest photos after being arrested for shooting the deputy, Sweat's hair looked sort of rusty red if not a dark, dark blonde. I suppose if it's growing out again since the prison break, it is growing out that way.

My eyes have a condition that will affect red before the rest of my vision so that's part of why I'm asking. I'm not sure if it's my eyes that aren't seeing it in the mug shot or if it's not showing up well in the mug shot. I freely admit it could just be me!

My guess would be Casey Anthony forum which has many many threads within it. Jon Benet possibly up there as many folks still post on that forum.

Right now, the Jodi Arias/Travis Alexandar sidebar thread within that forum is at #51 in the active "Sidebar" (where folks that met during the trial and others can talk O/T about stuff) and the Oscar Pistorius thread is up to #61 right now and still active. Some game threads have more than that.

If you go to this page, you will see what a "forum" looks like http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?166-Caylee-Anthony-2-years-old. The threads in forums are shorter sometimes due to the fact that the forums break out into subjects and offshoots from the main thread.

ETA: The Caylee forum has Threads 1 to 4,815 and Jon Benet has Threads 1 to 2,489

:daisy: HTH

ok well TWC local news has nothing new today, as they usually don't on Sundays in my recent experience. CNN is covering the Charleston situation. Google doesn't have any new news either IMO. So I have nothing else to contribute right now, and will stop down in the basement before getting on with my day I guess.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...weat-and-Richard-Matt&p=11868367#post11868367

(^^ they have their own thread now! yay!)

I hope everyone has a happy fathers' day! :seeya:

Has it been mentioned anyplace if Mitchell pulled money from bank accounts to give to the killers? If she was planning and providing items for them money had it be high on the list. Jmo

ciao

morning friends :seeya: happy daddy day to the dads! :heartbeat:

wanted to drop this off and take my seat at the new digs :D

may today be the day for a capture!

Matthew Hamilton retweeted
Times Union ‏@timesunion 2m2 minutes ago

Here's the latest on search for Matt and Sweat: Focus on Friendship http://blog.timesunion.com/capitol/...scaped-killers-focused-sunday-on-border-town/ … #PrisonBreakNY @matt_hamilton10 on the scene

Matthew Hamilton ‏@matt_hamilton10 2m2 minutes ago

Cashier said she worries about troopers because she gets to go home at the end of the day, but they are out in the woods searching
0 retweets 0 favorites
Matthew Hamilton ‏@matt_hamilton10 3m3 minutes ago

At Crosby's convenience store just down the road from the State Police station, cashier says business has picked up with troopers around

and bless all those LEOs out there working on father's day......

missing spending the day with their children if they are dads or missing being with their fathers because of their job today.......

:rose: thank you LEO........stay safe :rose: :heartbeat:

I did not notice his hair being red, but now that I look closely, I guess it is. LE should emphasize that.

So, if this is a confirmed sighting (or have they back-tracked on that?) why not release a description of their clothing?
I assume they are no longer carrying the guitar case, wonder if that has been or will be found?

Really hope LE are close to finding these two...hoping today is the day! (Right now would be good!)

Matthew Hamilton ‏@matt_hamilton10 15m15 minutes ago

Every so often someone will drive by the SP's Amity barracks and lay on the horn for all the reporters.

That's it. That's the whole tweet.
0 retweets 0 favorites

:hilarious:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads