2011.06.17 TRIAL Day Twenty-one (Morning Session)

Status
Not open for further replies.
KBelichWFTV Kathi Belich, WFTV
He says defense attorney Linda Kenney Baden called him on Dec. 11, 2008 to join the case before the remains were identified as Caylee's
3 minutes ago

can SA ask him about that?

KBelichWFTV Kathi Belich, WFTV
Jury stretching during bench conference.. Tedious testimony about maggots and how they crawl if they have nowhere to hide.. But were intrunk
1 minute ago

i have finally been forced to mute after listening to every hearing, all jury selection and trial so far. They've flushed me out of lurkdom. Help me please!

did anyone hear what B Schaeffer just said about the DT knowing that those were Caylees remains on Dec 11??????

sorry, just tuned in.

Huntington's purpose is to prove an alternate timeline of death... perhaps a timeline where Casey was already in jail when Caylee died/
by Gabe Travers/WESH.com at 7:30 AM

And the jury is to believe the dead body smell in the car was caused by........??????
Does anyone know that this is where JB is going?

The defense has already stated that Caylee died 6/16 by drowning. I think that's why the state is objecting but not sure. If they are asserting she died then and by that means, what is this testimony about and why is it necessary to their case?

JB: The defense calls Dr. Timothy Huntington.
(He is sworn in)
Dr. H: My name is Timothy Eugene Huntington.
HJBP: You may proceed.
JB: May it please the court, Mr. Ashton, good morning ladies and gentlemen.
JB: Good morning Dr. Huntington.
Dr. H: Good morning.
JB: Before we begin, do you have a a sheet for the court reporter?
Dr. H: Yes I do.
JB: May i approach the witness Your Honor?
HJBP: You may.
JB: Sir, what is your occupation?
Dr. H: I'm an assistant professor of biology at Concordia University is Seward Nebraska and I'm a forensic entomology consultant.
JB: And what does that mean exactly?
Dr. H: A forensic entomology consultant is a professional entomologist who advises law enforcement, attorney's basically anyone who needs extra explanation of entomological or insect evidence.
JB: And how long have you been doing this?
Dr. H: I've been doing this since 2002.
JB: And what is your educational background?
Dr. H: I have a bachelor's science degree in biology from Concordia University I have a master's science degree in biology for entomology from the University of Nebraska in Lincoln and a PHD in entomology from the University of Nebraska in Lincoln. (repeats for the court reporter: Yes, ma'am. I have a PHD in entomology from the University of Nebraska in Lincoln.)
JB: One of the things I will ask you to do is that if you can slow down a bit uh, the court reporter is typing everything you're saying and some of these words are a bit difficult to spell out, I'm sure.
Dr. H: No problem, I apologize.
JB: Okay, have you received any special training in the field of entomology?
Dr. H: Yes sir, I have. My entire focus in entomology has been forensic entomology. The use of insects as evidence. I've received extensive training from various board certified forensic entomologists in the field I am also a certified diplomat of the American Board of Forensic Entomology.
JB: Let me stop you there. Are you board certified as an entomologist and by whom?
Dr. H: I am. I am certified by the American Board of Forensic Entomology and the American Board of Forensic Entomology is the only certifying agency in the world for forensic entomology.
JB: How many board certified entomologists are there in the country?
Dr. H: The American Board of Forensic Entomology currently has 15 members.
JB: And have you written any topics or written any papers on in journals in the field of forensic entomology?
Dr. H: Yes I have. I have several publications and peer reviewed literature. I've also published several book chapters on the field of forensic entomology as well as popular, or non peer reviewed papers as well.
JB: And have you also conducted studies in the field of forensic entomology?
Dr. H: Absolutely. Since I was an under graduate actually, was my first study in forensic entomology and in carrion decomposition and the insects that are associated with it as I said earlier, my entire graduate school carrier was focusing on decomposition and forensic entomology, as well as since then as well.
JB: Do you also work with law enforcement?
Dr. H: I do. I consult as an expert with law enforcement routinely, in fact most of my case work comes from law enforcement, I'm also a reserve deputy sheriff at the Seward County Sheriff's Office.
(objection from states attorney)
HJBP: Sustained. Disregard the last statement.
JB: Now, have you received any honors and awards in the field of forensic entomology?
Dr. H: Specifically in forensic entomology? No, because as far as I know there aren't any. Although I have received a number of awards from Entomological Society of America as well as the University of Nebraska in reference to my teaching as well as research.
JB: How many times have you consulted as a forensic entomologist for law enforcement?
Dr. H: For law enforcement, I believe...
(objection for states attorney)
HJBP: Overruled.
Dr. H: For the law enforcement side I believe it's around 65 times. Most of those are going to be death investigations, the majority of those, homicides.
JB: And do you normally go out to scenes? Is that part of your assignment? Or do you just get material sent to you at the laboratory, or both?
Dr. H: Whenever possible I like to go out to the scene it's better if someone who knows specifically what their doing can be there to collect the evidence. So for example, if I'm relying on someone else to send me samples I don't know for sure that they really knew what they were looking for and that they actually got all of the evidence. If I'm there I know what I'm looking for, I like to collect my own evidence that way I can see everything in context as well. Most of the time in Nebraska and Iowa and even Missouri, I've traveled to the scenes to collect my own evidence. Outside of that, it gets sent to me.
(commercial break)

Keeping his mouth shut as to what his client said is ethical. I also believe Jose jnew where the body was, he had a duty to his client to keep his mouth shut. He's loose his licence to "practice" law if he disclosed the information.

I think the Bar would make an exception if he knew where Caylee was put. I think he has a moral obligation to reveal....he didn't. He carried on the charade and kept handing LE hundreds of tips to go find Caylee. Disgusting.:rocker:

O wow...BS talking about this witness being contacted 7 days before Caylee's remains were identified! :eek:

1emhir.jpg

2573k83.jpg

Is her attorney putting her to sleep too?

WFTV commentator says he had an aha moment. Talking about the tape when Casey found out about Caylee being found, saying JB might have opened the door to getting that admitted.

BS saying that it is interesting to note that Dr. Huntington was called by LKB before the remains were identified to be Caylee.

We were actually forewarned about this flip chart stuff a couple of years back when the SA was sending the DT evidence files - JB was telling the court SOME of the people on his team are not computer literate.....

I wonder who Baez was talking about......LOL - master of the flip chart and colored pens

Why doesn't Orlando do a Lottery for the seats. San Mateo had everyone put their driver licenses in a box and an hour later they drew them for seating. Fair and Square and no squabbles. No one had to sit outside for hours either. This is crazy.

Bill Shaeffer said they called this guy 7 days before Caylee was identified. How would the defense of known it was Caylee. How would the defense know because KC told them where Caylee was.
I am sure the SA will pick up on this. This is very telling

I know you're right yet I still dont see how they sleep at night. I cant think of any reason I would ever be able to bear leaving a baby's bones out to rot. because it was my JOB?? :snooty:

I agree. It must take a "special" sort of person to defend people like Casey and sleep at night

CaseyAnthony juror two is amazing. Never talks, reacts or gives any sense of what he's thinking. Sometimes looks like a statue.
by bobkealing via twitter at 8:41 AM

Defense attorney Cheney Mason is here. He stepped out of courtroom though. I have not seen Dorothy Sims. Ut she might be w/ other experts.
by cfnews13casey via twitter at 8:44 AM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member