FL FL - Michelle Parker, 33, Orlando, 17 Nov 2011 - # 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a world that constantly generates new politically correct terms to soften any distasteful bluntness that the idioms of old like the word “suspect” may have historically taken on. The term “person of interest” was coined to mean someone the police cannot currently charge with committing a certain crime but about whom they continue to diligently watch and investigate in order to access the proof they need to either charge them with the crime or at minimum require that they involuntarily answer questions related to the crime. When a violent crime happens the police will consider everyone and anyone as a potential suspect. But it is their favorite suspects, the ones on which they focus the most of their unwanted attentions, which they will care to deem as “persons of interest” whenever a local news reporter or a satellite TV camera man should ask them.

http://www.criminaldefenselawyer.co...se/person-interest-vs-suspectâ—whatâ’s-differ

"Person of interest" is a phrase used by law enforcement when announcing the name of someone involved in a criminal investigation who has not been arrested or formally accused of a crime. The phrase was adopted by the media and widely disseminated, thus most law enforcement agencies have picked up the term. It has no legal meaning, but it is a "catchy" term. "Law enforcement officials say that the term simply reflects the new tactics required to fight terrorism. But some legal scholars say officials are trying to create a more benign public image, even as their power expands."[1] While terms such as suspect, target, and material witness have clear and sometimes formal definitions, person of interest remains undefined by the U.S. Department of Justice.[2] It is often used as a euphemism for suspect, and can sometimes result in a trial by media.

Person of interest - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Suspect and "Person of Interest" is the same thing.

IIRC POI really picked up steam after the Richard Jewel case (atlanta bombing). When LE was sued and lost for calling him a suspect publicly they jumped on a different term where they could say "we didn't name him a suspect".

True_Thoughts Thoughts Of Truth
@jackiefell Any word on the search warrant you requested in the #MichelleParker disappearance?
22 minutes ago Favorite Reply Delete

jackiefell JACQUELINE
@
@True_Thoughts sealed
2 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

http://twitter.com/#!/jackiefell

My DH was a recruiting commander for three years... trust me... they can get a waiver for just about anything (not just what is in those links ^). As long as it gets signed off on it can be a "go". You have more luck of getting in with past charges than you do if you are missing a toe (no kidding!!)

Also, in the past enlistment was also on the table/an option as a "deal" per se if you got into trouble with the law. That has since changed but I wouldn't be surprised if that is how DS ended up in the marines.

I was hoping you would share your input! :) Thank you.

This is sad. We had a young man that lived with us. He was from a troubled home. Because of the troubles in his home...he acted out a bit at school. They talked the abusive Mom into putting him on ritalin. He didn't need it and stopped taking it. We got him accepted to Fort Gordon's Youth challenge...a youth national guard of sorts. He graduated with honors..and was courted by all branches of the military. His past use of ritalin kept him out. It almost killed him. He now lives paycheck to paycheck here in town..such a waste.

(sorry for slight off topic): you have to be off adhd meds for a year (he could try again if he is off of the medication)

yes, it is truly sad what the military will take and not take into consideration....

Oh ok. It was donated by a private citizen wasnt it?
Guess they wanted some answers fast!

I dont ever remember anyone claiming a reward on a missing person
I wonder how often that happens?

didnt Nancy Grace report something about a body found in a lake near where her car was found?

Nancy's show wasn't "up-to-par" last night as the body found was male and was identified long before Nancy's show aired at 8:00 PM EST. :banghead:

Is the MSM reporting anything about wife #2 and her death by brain injury?
When I read that here I was shocked and I figured MSM would have been all over that info....a la Drew Peterson.
TIA

My DH was a recruiting commander for three years... trust me... they can get a waiver for just about anything (not just what is in those links ^). As long as it gets signed off on it can be a "go". You have more luck of getting in with past charges than you do if you are missing a toe (no kidding!!)

Also, in the past enlistment was also on the table/an option as a "deal" per se if you got into trouble with the law. That has since changed but I wouldn't be surprised if that is how DS ended up in the marines.

Would he have even seen active duty during the time he was in the marines? I don't think there was much going on between 1996-2001 in terms of active wars overseas was there?

Red Hubner is an Orlando Sentinel photojournalist. He tweeted about an hour ago:

@RedHuber Red Huber
Out on a stakeout with @AmandaNewsGirl #michelleparker
1 hour ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®

Wonder what he means by this???

ETA: It must be a reporter thing...watching the home. Another reporter tweeted that she's at the home, no one answers the door and the red truck is there.

(sorry for slight off topic): you have to be off adhd meds for a year (he could try again if he is off of the medication)

yes, it is truly sad what the military will take and not take into consideration....

He was. I did not know that was the provision.

Would he have even seen active duty during the time he was in the marines? I don't think there was much going on between 1996-2001 in terms of active wars overseas was there?

He wasn't discharged until 2003. Does anyone know his status 2001 till 2003?

Is the MSM reporting anything about wife #2 and her death by brain injury?
When I read that here I was shocked and I figured MSM would have been all over that info....a la Drew Peterson.
TIA

This is just the kind of thing that will send this case into a high profile media circus. Between that and his involvement in the death of the lifeguard, they can really start some scandalous reporting. Personally I hope they never get a hold of that information or at least choose to do things differently this time. I hope the family of wife #2 has spoken to LE on this case about their concerns but I hope that the media stay in the dark about it because I'd hate to see another case end like the last media circus with critical circumstantial evidence having to be left out of the actual trial.

MOO

maybe a nice photograph of someone getting arrested.

That's a thought, tho it seems they're just watching the house, knocking on the door, etc. We'll see....I do hope there's an arrest soon tho. JMO

twitter

BiancaMPrieto Bianca Prieto
I'm out at Dale Smith's parents house. No one answers the door and his red truck is hidden in the back yard. #MichelleParker #missing

twitter

BiancaMPrieto Bianca Prieto
I'm out at Dale Smith's parents house. No one answers the door and his red truck is hidden in the back yard. #MichelleParker #missing

Somebody really needs to get those children out of there.

IMO, the media NEEDS to leave this house alone especially if the "twins" are inside the house.

He wasn't discharged until 2003. Does anyone know his status 2001 till 2003?

Well that's been a question we've been trying to figure out. Personally I think he was in military prison after his court martial but that's just my opinion only. We have no access to records to find out.

But it's amazing when reading through his extensive public criminal record, there is a battery charge in 1996 and nothing again until 2003 where there is a repeat violence case involving a woman, not either of his wives or MP. It appears in that case he is the plaintiff and he is charging her. And then he tried to take her to civil court for damages in 2005 but the case was dismissed. Sort of like what he did with MP. I wonder if he lost the engagement ring from that woman too?

So the gap in his record is when he was in the marines. And we know there are charges from that time period as well, they're just not public record.

MOO

IMO, the media NEEDS to leave this house alone especially if the "twins" are inside the house.

I am just so very concerned about those children, have been from the beginning. LE has to know about his past history...so I think they must have a good eye on the twins. I sure hope so...wondering if with Dad's CCP and Jr's violent past history...that is why the hard entry on the warrant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leannamj