Deaths of Male College Students-General Discussion #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
...I shouldn't have to remind you that people will try to discredit them every chance they get depending on who is pulling the strings in that specific department. This became a political thing before it went public.

Some LE in smaller cities and towns probably don't like having cops from the "big city" coming into their jurisdiction to try to do their job, either. Of course, we all know that's a stupid way to operate. Big city cops have more experience investigating crimes and as an investigator (of sorts) myself, I appreciate having someone more skilled give me some pointers. It helps me handle the situation better the next time around. But some of these LE folks have a self-inflated image to maintain and can't imagine needing help with anything from anybody. It's unfortunate that some sacrifice the search for truth for defense of their egos.

I agree, with one caveat, to a degree, LE does need to maintain a degree of de-sensitization. I dont know about you but the last thing I could do is fish young men out of water and have it not affect me.

That being said, the responsibility of LE is to "protect and serve". If they are getting in their own way, they need to have an objective investigation.
Also, there are few towns more than willing to re-look at these cases. I find the LaCross team's comments really irresponsible.

You do NOT bring up the idea of murderers running free. Just is NOT done! You find every way possible to downplay it...drunk boys is perfect. Nothing has screamed political, but I am. All of these put into a line would be a sacrifice for a politician...now determine which one at what time and find the links that hide the truth.

And when that doesn't work they start in on publicly attacking the families of the victims. The level of cruelty dished out to these families by local LE and some local talking heads is beyond reason.

An interesting thought about Garcia's comment regarding him wanting to see the MOD on Chris Jenkins autopsy reclassified as a suspicious death. Well it was his department that is adamant that Chris was thrown off a bridge. That would be a homicide not suspicious death. He's a liar and can't manage the simple task of doing a background check on Gannon. Sadly IMO, that is indicative of Mpls PD. I wish Kristi would do a piece on Garcia. I highly doubt this is the only case he has handled this way.

SQ_
I must have missed something- background check on Gannon? Who? What?

I agree, with one caveat, to a degree, LE does need to maintain a degree of de-sensitization. I dont know about you but the last thing I could do is fish young men out of water and have it not affect me.

That being said, the responsibility of LE is to "protect and serve". If they are getting in their own way, they need to have an objective investigation.
Also, there are few towns more than willing to re-look at these cases. I find the LaCross team's comments really irresponsible.

Sadly, that's not true. I grew up in L.A. where I saw that on the black and white's everyday for 25 years and believed it. As and other pointed out to me in another thread, that really means..."to protect and serve the district attorney's office"

The author of the below linked article has some serious anger issues. The way he goes on and on about KSTP's coverage reaks of jealousy IMO. Sgt Garcia is full of carp because I highly doubt the NYPD hands out 100 medals for bravery, two medals of valor and assigns lead protection detail for Mother Theresa, to a detective who was less than star of the realm.

http://msp.blogs.com/brianlambert/2008/05/kstps-smiley-fa.html
Garcia also says he checked around with police union contacts in New York who, "Never heard of Duarte [one of KSTP's ex-cops] and say that Gannon [the other] had been assigned to the Missing Persons Unit." Neither apparently had exactly been a star of the realm.

Credentials, biography of Kevin Gannon
http://kstp.com/article/stories/S433345.shtml?cat=10830

ETA: if Garcia's investigation into the background of Gannon is any reflection of the investigation into Chris Jenkins. Well no wonder it was screwed up.

Blink, here you go.

Comment posted at the below article.

http://msp.blogs.com/brianlambert/2008/05/kstps-smiley-fa.html

Posted by: Jed Leyland | May 03, 2008 at 06:38 AM
My name is Charles Loesch, I was the private investigator who worked on the Chris Jenkins case. To verify, you can contact either of the Jenkins, or Chief of Police, MPD, Tim Dolan, they all have my email address. I know both Kevin and Anthony, both retired NYPD HOMICIDE detectives. I peronally checked out both of these individuals, as did other close assiciates of mine, in law enforcement, locally. Chief Tim Dolan has a copy of Kevin Gannon's resume. Tim Knows the truth about Kevin Gannons background!! (more at link)

Here is the other post I made. The PI for the Jenkins family calls out Garcia's comments regarding Gannon.

DB post 128, after reading your post I started googling "gang initiation chambers" and found the below linked article. I'm not saying these particular gangs could be involved, just food for thought.

http://lists.essential.org/noprivacy/msg00016.html

Chilling gang rituals: slashing defenseless strangers, breaking buddies'
bones, raping and murdering innocent girls - these are rights of passage
for many teenagers looking towards gang culture for a sense of belonging.
The gang culture crosses racial lines and doesn't stop at the city limits.
In Marathon County, Wisc., a basement is now a torture chamber, as seen on
a video of a gang initiation used as evidence. The tape was seized by
deputies who were stunned by the savagery. They were also shocked that
these kids called themselves The Gangster Disciples.

Here is the other post I made. The PI for the Jenkins family calls out Garcia's comments regarding Gannon.

Maddening, now I see your "emotion" in your post-

At the risk of pontificating: If everyone would check their facts before posting, we would be a community of integrity-
WTF- BY ALL accounts, these 2 dicks are highly suucessful, accomplished detectives. Gannon has operated as the SS detail in NY and also Mother Theresa- do you think he might have some clearance? Hello?

Dear MPD-
Get your head out of your *advertiser censored**, take an "Essentials in Modern Day Investigation" class and give these families the answers and peace they deserve.

Off topic, Ok twighlight zone at my house today. My dogs were barking like crazy and I thought I better bring them in. As I passed by my living room window I see a LE hazmat vehicle, and about 10 detectives standing in a group talking. As I got closer to the window I see there are also four more PD cars. Turns out two doors down someone put a dry ice bomb on a neighbors doorstep.

Off topic, Ok twighlight zone at my house today. My dogs were barking like crazy and I thought I better bring them in. As I passed by my living room window I see a LE hazmat vehicle, and about 10 detectives standing in a group talking. As I got closer to the window I see there are also four more PD cars. Turns out two doors down someone put a dry ice bomb on a neighbors doorstep.

The ice bomb probably got 10 times more coverage then all the 40 drownings did combined! Just kidding SuziQ!! That does scare a person.
Be careful & keep safe!!!! :blowkiss:

wtf? Are you ok? I got the jeebies..
Tell them if they need any help in the investigation you have a whole team:blowkiss:

Suzi I hope you are okay and they find the person who did this to your neighbors.

I wanted to add something from the blog you were all talking about last night from your link Suzi.

http://msp.blogs.com/brianlambert/2008/05/kstps-smiley-fa.html#comment-113163412

This is the in the comment from Charles Loesh:

SNIP/
That Tony Norris, one of the three heads of security at The Loan Tree Bar, kicked Chris out, for no reason, but, subsequent, to, having a conversation with the MPD officer, brings in the starting point to Chris' disappearance. He would still be alive today, had those actions not taken place. The girlfriend, the cop, the bouncer, getting kicked out of the bar, the cop takes her home...do the math. That is mearly the first brick on this mansion of a case.

And then, their explanation as to how a certain piece of evidence happened to end up in Chris's possession...I can't go into detail, but if I did, I assure you, you would be outraged!!

/SNIP

At first I thought the piece of evidence he was talking about here was Chris' own hair found in his own hand. Now I am thinking maybe something else besides just the hair was in that clump in his hands..or he was able to secret away some piece of evidence before he was murdered. Thoughts anyone?

Also I was suprised to learn that he kicked out Chris after speaking with the security guards , who were off duty cops. That is very interesting when coupled with the fact that said guard took his girlfriend home and that she was also wearing the guards shirt and hat as a police uniform / costume that night. Something is way off there.

Lol, Cheko1, too true.

Blink we'd get on it for sure!

Also, I was driving home yesterday and for the first time ever I saw fresh gang graffiti every block or so. Smallish town here with a bunch of bored kids for the most part. And vandalism is bad during the warm months. My house was part of a $25K vandalism spree a few years back. Curiously the vandals hit all the cute girls houses. Recently though there has been a trend for gangs to come here from SLC and target our naive citizens.

Ok, enough about me! lol.

LMAO: to clarify, my daughter is the cute girl in my house not me.

DD, a couple of thoughts about your post. I thought that it was Chris' hair as well. But that is public knowledge, so it could be something else.

Someone killed Chris and IMO the security guards should be looked at closer. Chris' GF is a major drama queen and trouble maker. I could see her, just for ****s and giggles, stirring up trouble between the guards and Chris. It's documented that she did the same thing between a bartender and her ex-bf. The guards could have been wanting to teach Chris a lesson and it went too far.

DD, a couple of thoughts about your post. I thought that it was Chris' hair as well. But that is public knowledge, so it could be something else.

Someone killed Chris and IMO the security guards should be looked at closer. Chris' GF is a major drama queen and trouble maker. I could see her, just for ****s and giggles, stirring up trouble between the guards and Chris. It's documented that she did the same thing between a bartender and her ex-bf. The guards could have been wanting to teach Chris a lesson and it went too far.
Imho, they (whoever "they" are) would not have posed him if it was an accident (ala, going too far).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OwlEyes