LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. That's what he's saying. And since A.C.I is a private investigator I'm going to take his lead and stick to the facts as we know them about this case.

Not that I think Artis is lying about what the police officer who answered the phone said but because it's possible that this officer was as confused as the rest of us are about the identity of these trucks.

Until LE clarifies then I'm going by what's been officially released in their pressers.

I'm in total agreeance - I have a hard time imaging the police wouldnt show us both pics as the one needed (only show us the one following Mickey), wouldnt describe the truck in more detail since we can see it is a Z71 without a driver's side decal AND has a dark (chrome I guess) gas cover. Why would they NOT list those details - it would narrow it down so much. I believe Artis completely, just not sure I believe the cop she spoke with. FWIW - at the search headquarters people do not seem to be confused about the trucks. They all point to the one and only pic following on St Landry behind Mickey as the truck in question. Weird that the LE wouldn't at least come out again, make another plea to look for the VOI and give all the details AGAIN...just to be sure.

I'm guessing this is where they are going...but hoping not. If you could be there in person with everyone maybe you'd understand better why BW just isn't an option plus LE made it clear he's ruled out.

Factually though - the question asked was who would have wanted everyone to think Mickey was headed straight home and the answer is everyone she hung out with that night, including BW, and her family ALL believe she was headed straight home because she stated several times to several people she was ready to eat and get some sleep for her busy day the next day. So...Mickey wanted everyone to think she was going straight home. Regardless of if she was or not...

Maybe she wanted everyone to think she was going straight home because she was going somewhere she didn't want anyone to know about.

but turning on brashear wasnt her usual route, right?

Apparently no one really knew her exact route. The route she appeared to be taking is the recommended bike path as per google maps. And turning onto Brashear isn't that much different. The next move from St. Landry was to cut across to Johnston from Coliseum. But seeing as how that area is creepy at night, cutting to Johnston from Brashear would be safer as its a nice quiet neighborhood.

In her earliest interview I thought the mother said that they realized that morning she had not come home. So I am going to assume that one of them peeked into her room to wake her up that a.m.

Yes - they realized it when they woke up that morning before the graduation but we do not know what time that would be. The dad also said he noticed she was not home when he was called away for work at 2:30 am-ish - but figured she just was not home 'yet' i believe. Will look for these links just to be sure - they were from VERY early on.

Sherlock Holmes: Never theorize before you have data. Invariably, you end up twisting facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.

Sometimes you have to see the edges of a puzzle before you can fill in the pieces.

Sherlock was constantly theorizing and then wandering off to hunt down something that he'd thought of, generated internally. If he'd waited for all the data, he would never have been a best seller.

Chapter 247: Sherlock anticipates Chief Inspecter Bluffintgon providing him with firm, verifiable data. Has brunch with Watson and the Hound of the Baskervilles, cocktails & croquet with the Earl of Starched Britches and his pigeon-breasted wife.

Chapter 248: Sherlock awaits forensic reports related to the croquet mallet bludgeoning of the Earl of Starched Britches & his pigeon-breasted wife, attends the theatre, drums fingers, refills tobacco pouch.

Nah.....

No theories = no forward motion

In her earliest interview I thought the mother said that they realized that morning she had not come home. So I am going to assume that one of them peeked into her room to wake her up that a.m.

Brettly stated that "Mickey does not stay at other peoples houses."

I remember the article said they started calling her at 8 am and it went straight to voicemail. I'm on my iPad, but I can be back with a link.

Did a little image wizardry, and what you're seeing is the front end of a vehicle reverse-parked into its spot.

To be fair, I thought I saw a bicyclist initially, as well.

In fact, both images in question look to be vehicles reverse-parked. Darn.

Good job, HouDat. I coulda sworn that was her.

Did NO ONE check Mickey's room that morning to see if she were there?

Just because her phone was off at @2 am doesn't mean something happened to her right then.

She disappeared from camera range of her known route. So from the last camera image of Mickey that we have until when the next day--did someone check on her in her room --or call her-- at what time?

last camera image--unknown route--should be home in bed with what Mickey said--check on her at home and she's not there--call her to find out where she is--what time was she called and didn't answer and by whom?

Am I making any sense?

I'm looking for the time frame--I don't believe that the graduation no show was the earliest her family and friends realized they were not getting through to speak to her.

From CNN transcript:[ her father speaking]

So initially I was not here. My wife told me that she had tried to contact her, I think about 9:00 or so later that morning, and her phone went straight to voicemail. So she tried a couple more times.

Then they went to my son`s graduation, and Mickey didn`t show up, which she was (INAUDIBLE) she was certainly planning on being there. Her sister was in from Dallas and it was -- you know, it was a big family thing.
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1205/24/ng.01.html

Supposedly not, but when I started wandering around google street view last week, it looked like a place I would turn.

Newbie here. That street is pretty shaded with trees so the street lights are dim. Call me chicken but I wouldn't ride there at night. And another thing to think about...several of the houses in that area are young college aged kids...noise is not uncommon.

I'm just trying to work a window of time from when Mickey went poof! to when she was unreachable, out of contact.

I'm just trying to work a window of time from when Mickey went poof! to when she was unreachable, out of contact.

I think she became 'unreachable' within moments of her last sighting on video.

I wonder if anyone tried to reach Mickey by phone from 2 till 8-before her parents?

I agree, katydid.

Newbie here. That street is pretty shaded with trees so the street lights are dim. Call me chicken but I wouldn't ride there at night. And another thing to think about...several of the houses in that area are young college aged kids...noise is not uncommon.

:welcome4:

crzimmer
Registered User Join Date: May 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.C.I
Precisely what you said. First hand knowledge vs 2nd hand

<modsnip>

From May 31, 2012 article
www.dailyadvertiser.com

While the store does have cameras, the video was of poor quality and focused on the inside of the store, not the exterior, Mouton said. People working inside the store also didn't notice Shunick when she rode past it, something Mouton said investigators attribute to the fact that Shunick, an avid bicyclist, was riding quickly and on the opposite side of the street.

I wonder if anyone tried to reach Mickey by phone from 2 till 8-before her parents?

I agree, katydid.
Right. Was her phone charged when she left BW's? I know I'm AWFUL about letting my battery die...

Apparently no one really knew her exact route. The route she appeared to be taking is the recommended bike path as per google maps. And turning onto Brashear isn't that much different. The next move from St. Landry was to cut across to Johnston from Coliseum. But seeing as how that area is creepy at night, cutting to Johnston from Brashear would be safer as its a nice quiet neighborhood.

makes sense. thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member