OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just wondering why, if he was missed on the bus, why wasn't he missed in school? Especially since he was there earlier.

Sometimes I think kids are more astute than adults. They have their routine and when something is out of the norm, they notice it.

I remember an incident when I was 7 years old. A neighbor who was in the other second grade told me he was moving away. He said he would not be in school the next day because of the move. Well, the next day, I caught a glimpse of him in the playground and was worried for the rest of the day that he was in school when he was supposed to have moved away. I wondered why that happened. Sounds crazy, but kids notice things.

Could be. I thought the border was different, but I just checked the pic and it does look like the same classroom. I'm looking at the yellow border and the way the papers are tacked to the wall. This is the friend
picture, minus the friend.
kyronfb2.jpg

I believe if you look at the pick of Kyron with his project, you can see this one in the back left of the picture, so it is the same classroom.

Are they thinking he is just lost in the woods? How many people are looking, shouldn't they have tons of searchers, so they cover more ground quicker.
I'm so lost and confused.

Guess I am hoping he is found this morning after 4 nights, like Nadia.

Just some hope... retired SERE instructor here... one can survive significantly longer with just a tiny bit of water such as can be found after a rainfall in a forest. Of course, he is just a little boy... but the conditions have not been terrible....

Part of me wonders if the person who is repsonsible for Kyron's disappearance simply drove him to a remote area and left him there. This would be someone familiar with the area. This could have been a person who would not likely be the type to actually kill someone, but someone who would be vicious enough to leave a child out in the wilderness to die, knowing he could not come back and point the finger. Just my opinion.

I am leaning toward thinking the tip from the truck driver who saw a child that resembled Kyron, in a pick up truck where Salmonberry intersects with HWY 26, might be a solid lead. This would be the incident where the pick up truck the child was in, turned in front of the truck driver, causing the truck driver to slam on his brakes. The man spotted this child in the truck at about what, 32-35 miles away from school? Great map by pufnstuf, btw.

Why would a child not be in school during that time of day (unless he goes to a school that was not in session on that day)? The truck carrying the child could have been en route to the destination where they would be dropping Kyron off in the middle of no where, knowing he can't survive. I will have to check to see if a time was mentioned that this person saw the child that resembled Kyron.

Hoping LE checks the tires of any vehicles of POI and also, were any of these vehicles recently through the car wash, if indeed there are any POI at this point?

And finally, once again, I will mention that I hope LE is checking the local dump for any evidence a local person might dump there for a quick disposal of evidence. And hopefully LE has intercepted the trash at the school since Friday, so that they would not have to try to locate Friday's trash in a landfill.

I watched the press conference live. That's not exactly what happened ... Gates was asked how many they'd interviewed and he seemed to be grasping a bit, said it was over 60%, but went on to clarify that they're talking about 300 families, he wasn't sure exactly how many, it's an involved process, that some may not have been aware, etc. (these people came in on Sunday) He was confident they'd get to them all and did not once give the impression that parents and staff were being anything but fully cooperative and there was no indication that anyone was intentionally not making themselves available to be interviewed.

But he also said to the parents that don't show up soon, to expect LE to pay them a visit.

"There was a science fair here at the school," Portland Schools spokesman Matt Shelby told CNN. "You had a situation with lots of parents and friends coming through the school, going class to class."

The Multhnomah County sheriff's office reported that no one at the school saw Kyron after 8:45 a.m. Friday and that Kyron never made it to his classroom.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/06/08/oregon.missing.child/index.html?hpt=T3

I just woke up hoping I'd see that little Kyron was found and home safe.. =(

Fox 12 has reporters on scene, they are saying searchers are preparing to go out again today.

Pray for Kyron's safe return!

I was thinking (considering stepmom's photo of Kyron that morning) that there must have been quite a few picture/video/cell phone-pic taking parents at the school that morning. Wonder why we haven't seen any other shots that may include other kids/adults from Friday morning...or anything that might joggle someones' memory?

But he also said to the parents that don't show up soon, to expect LE to pay them a visit.

Yep. They're at 90%+. Sounds like they could get through the rest soon.

I keep feeling that he was going to run back out to the car to get something (since he left his stuff in the room-he planned to go back in), but his mom had already left and either someone grabbed him or a car hit him. Maybe he tried to run after the car? There are just so many things that could have happened.

The part I bolded, it is the first thing my husband said when I asked him what he thought could have happened in that situation. I felt it wasn't really a possibility, but now that you mention it, who knows. Maybe he was going to run after his moms car and someone accidently hit him, and if they were parked where nobody could see real well, then they freaked out and weren't sure what to do? I honestly don't know in this case, what is going on.

I had a good friend at our last duty station, she accidently backed over her daughter, thought it was the curb and went forward :( It was so horrible, but if she wouldn't have screamed and went into get help mode, she could have tried to cover it up... I still don't see this as a real likely scenario but this is one strange case for sure. :waitasec:

I'm bumping up pufnstuf's wonderful map. Above I stated I thought the sighting by the truck driver where Salmonberry intersects with HWY 26 was credible. To refresh, the truck driver said a dirty gray or black pick up truck turned right in front of him causing him to slam on his brakes. He said a child who resembled Kyron was inside this pick up truck. The man said the child looked startled (not sure of exact word the man used).

While a child would look startled if he was in a car that cut right in front of a truck, as some here have mentioned, it is also very probable that whoever would be driving a child to a spot prior to committing a crime against that child, might be driving at a fast, reckless pace.

Thank you for the terrific map, btw.

On the topic of the white truck sighting... it's marked on my map. I located the address for J Kelley...deets are on the placemark note.

Also found where Salmonberry intersects with HWY 26. Also on the map. Salmonberry is a dirt road where it intersects with 26 and isn't labeled on any of the map sites (google, bing) at the intersection. Those mountain roads are crazy to follow, but I found the intersection by following 26 in street view, using directions to the turn-off, and comparing it to the view in the video.

I keep maps on all cases, so I hope no one thinks that I'm trying to take over that job. Just wanted to post this because I found those two locations.

You may have to zoom out to see the Salmonberry Road location... it's marked with a magenta pin.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=e...45.89861,-123.41217&spn=2.301411,4.092407&z=8

Good morning everybody. I hope today bring good news.

I was thinking (considering stepmom's photo of Kyron that morning) that there must have been quite a few picture/video/cell phone-pic taking parents at the school that morning. Wonder why we haven't seen any other shots that may include other kids/adults from Friday morning...or anything that might joggle someones' memory?

Considering how many must have been there, this is quite a task. I'd hope they'd ask for all so they could ID everyone captured on video or photos.

On this morning, aside from all the parents and guests there for the fair and talent show, who else came and went that day? Delivery? Sales? Guest speakers? Repair or maintenance? Landscapers? Substitutes or temporary staff? Any 'reporters' for community newsletters? Just trying to think of who may have had reason to be in or near the school.

A lot of people have been speculating about an appointment. That the SM may have told the boy she would pick him up at such and such a time for an appointment and to be waiting. I don't feel that this is at all plausible. Even when I was a kid, a parent had to come into the school office, have them call for the student, and then sign the student out. Would this not be proper protocol at any school?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthseeker158