OK OK - Norman, Wht/NativeFem 30-50, 755UFOK, edentulous since birth, healed fractures, Apr'81

Here's the DoeNet page for her. I'll drop an e-mail to Helene of DoeNet so that she can add these images to this page and upgrade it to a regular case.

The Doe Network:
Case 755UFOK
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/755ufok.html

755UFOK.jpg
755UFOK1.jpg

Unidentified Female

* The victim was discovered on April 16, 1981 in Norman, Cleveland County, Oklahoma
* Estimated Date of Death: 2-5 years prior
* Skeletal Remains

Vital Statistics

* Estimated age: 31-45 years old
* Approximate Height and Weight: 5'2-5'8"; 110-130 lbs.
* Distinguishing Characteristics: Possibly White. Medium height and slender physique. Strong nasal deviation. Fractures noted around left orbital ridge, ribs show healed fractures on right side. Previous pregnancies.
* Fingerprints: Fingerprints could not be obtained.
* Dentals: No teeth present.

Case History
Bones were found in a field by a school boy - recovered bones and recovered 34 bones during excavation.
Mid-facial fracture is consistent with blunt force trauma sustained about the time of death.

Investigators
If you have any information about this case please contact:
Office of the Chief Medical Examiner
405-239-7141
You may remain anonymous when submitting information.

Agency Case Number:
81-2133

This is the only profile I've found that sticks out to me:

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/a/antone_bettina.html

I think its the brow bone that makes it look similar to me.
It says that Bettina Antone wore dentures and the Doe has no teeth.
Bettina Antone's age fits the range
Facial structures look sort of the same.
Bettina Antone was missing from California in March or April in 1980.
The skeletal remains were found in a cow pasture in April of 1981.
Antone's profile says she lives a transient lifestyle.

The brow/eye bones look very similar to me, the way the crest arcs just before the iris line (medial to distal), then juts downward at a sharp angle to frame her eyes.

I think in the article the top reconstruction photo was supposed to be made with her jaw open similar to the one below it, but maybe finished it as if her mouth was closed? It might be silly for me to assume that, but the length of the bottom of the nose to chin looks the same to me in both photos, even though one shows her mouth open and the other closed.

Hope I did this right, first time posting what I thought could be a match.

The width of her face, distance between nose and mouth, distance between mouth and chin, distance between her eyes, all look exactly the same to me.

She was my first thought also.

But I'm no professional.

She looks like she is in her 70s in her reconstruction, not her 30s or 40s. Also, the side profile of the chin looks unnaturally large, but from the front looks normal. Just some observations....question - I know soft tissue on reconstructions can actually vary from how it really looked in life. Can other things vary, like the chin?

I agree that the chin in the closed-mouth recon looks way too unnaturally large.

And to answer your question, the look of the chin can vary significantly depending the angle at which it is viewed, and also on whether the person's mouth is open or not.

Yeah the chin does look large, but notice one thing

The distance from the end of nose to the end of chin is the same in both photos, although one is shown with the jaw lowered/mouth open and the other shoes it to be closed.

I think both reconstructions were originally fashioned to show the jaw lowered, for whatever reason, but then when it came time to add the flesh details (instead of just bone structure) one ended up with a closed mouth, when the jaw was supposed to be in an open mouth position.

Can anyone else see what I mean?

She looks like she is in her 70s in her reconstruction, not her 30s or 40s. Also, the side profile of the chin looks unnaturally large, but from the front looks normal. Just some observations....question - I know soft tissue on reconstructions can actually vary from how it really looked in life. Can other things vary, like the chin?

I've seen women (and men) who are in their 30s or 40s who look much, much older--things like smoking, drugs/drink and not having teeth can really age a person prematurely. You really notice these things when living in Europe's unhealthiest country, i.e. Scotland.

As for the chin...I see what you mean, Keyboardcat...but why would they do that, I wonder...:waitasec:

Yeah the chin does look large, but notice one thing

The distance from the end of nose to the end of chin is the same in both photos, although one is shown with the jaw lowered/mouth open and the other shoes it to be closed.

I think both reconstructions were originally fashioned to show the jaw lowered, for whatever reason, but then when it came time to add the flesh details (instead of just bone structure) one ended up with a closed mouth, when the jaw was supposed to be in an open mouth position.

Can anyone else see what I mean?

Yes, it appears that they first depicted her with an open mouth, and then photographed it. They then revised it, changing the mouth by filling in the empty space without raising the jaw, and they also put in a few finishing touches with more detail in the facial wrinkles and creases.

If they were going to depict her with a closed mouth, they should have raised her jaw.

I just couldn't agree more with what you've said. That amount of wrinkling on someone in the 31-45 age category would be most unusual, and to me would indicate a person who'd had a very rough life all her life, a migrant worker perhaps. Even then the amt. of wrinkling is excessive.

Very interesting -- Yesterday Doe Network added the information that Jane Doe was born without teeth and they never developed. While Bettina Antone's friends and associates may not have been aware that she wore dentures, somebody from her family (a sister, children and grandchildren are mentioned in her Doe Network profile) ought to be able to confirm if she never had teeth.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/755ufok.html

The rare condition adontia, in which a person never develops teeth:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anodontia

Interestingly, Wikipedia states anodontia seldom occurs alone; it's associated with skin and nerve syndromes called ectodermal dysplasias. Unless it's just the photo, Bettina Antone does appear to have a lot of facial scarring.

as a follow up to the prior post, this discussion at Wikipedia of Ectodermal Dysplasia does say that it is extremely rare with only about 7,000 cases in the world, although I have to question that number as there are several foundations out there dedicated to the syndrome(s). those who suffer from the condition can have pronounced chins. Also the condition is most common among Caucasians

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ectodermal_dysplasia

the UID did not have to be from OK, but I would hope that the first place they looked for information were dentists or orthodontists in OK to see if they had any patients who had the condition. there could not have been many in reality.

This is the first time I have read about this case. There are 3 ruleouts listed in NamUs, but they are not the lady mentioned above.

Shirley Banning 1938 Oklahoma
Donna Barnhill 1967 North Carolina
Carolyn Holloway 1943 Texas

Already updated in NAMUS.

This is not Dixie May Forrester. She is in the exclusion list as of today.

FWIW I did send an email to Michael Nance (the Regional Administrator) January 8 just to see what would happen.

The email was:

Hello Mr Nance:

A NAMUS Comparison with this Unidentified Decedent found April 16, 1981 in Cleveland Oklahoma

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/4898
CASE Number 81233

matches to Dixie May Forester missing since July 11, 1971.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/11783/15/
CASE 11-25908
NAMUS MP#11783

Circumstances match including height, weight and the fact that the Unidentified decedent and Dixie May Forester had no teeth.

DNA is available for both Dixie May Forester and the unidentified decedent

If you have questions please contact me at this e-mail address.

Thank You,

*advertiser censored* xxxxxx

Mr Nance replied back the next day:

Thank you for your efforts. Both cases have mtDNA and nucDNA in national CODIS.

Mike

I am more surprised at how quickly Dixie May Forester was ruled out and updated in NAMUS than the fact that this is not Dixie May Forester.

I also sent emails to Dixie May Forrester's MP contacts the same day but received no reply.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back