What Is the Defense Strategy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Baez just never ceases to amaze me...he is so arrogant....we'll see what the Baez smirk is all about..unnerving..will he still be smirking when a jury hands down a guilty verdict???

If the Tennessee labs findings are referred to as "junk science", what is the "touch DNA" Baez wants to introduce? Isn't that at the same level of science???

Same with CA...would not give TM/TES an article of Caylee's to search for her, yet, she sends a teddy bear to an alleged psychic....can you all say hipocrits???

Notice the same phrases come out of CA's mouth as Baez'...they both are in this together!!! I can't wait for this to backfire big time on the defense....jurors will see the arrogance, the defiance, the disrespect held for LE...Baez is unethical and nothing has changed with him since he was prohibited from becoming an attorney for eight long years..I just can't see CMason going along with this nonsense and ruin his reputation he's built all these years...JMHO

Justice for Caylee

Baez has no defense and no proof that ICA did not kill Caylee. We all know that if he had anything at all he would be holding a press conference and screaming at the top of his lungs about it if he did. He has nothing and no strategy except to try and get all evidence thrown out. If he had anything that was going to be an "aha moment" we would already have seen it, he would not wait for trial.

"After the research, we write the motion and we file it. So, it could be weeks. It could be a month or so," Baez said.

There are other tests and other experts the defense will eventually refute as well.

"I expect a vigorous defense will be put on," Baez said. "We're excited and you all will see what the Baez smirk has been about all along."

For now, we're left with few clues about their strategy to save Anthony's life.

http://www.cfnews13.com/article/news/2010/september/152901/Body-Farm-a-key-battle-in-Anthony-case

Baez starts off talking about the case and their work. Great.
That's what people want to hear/read..about THE CASE and the work done at the Body Farm (which is IMO intriguing) and NOT ABOUT Baezs' self-promotion and advertising that he will reveal the reason for his unprofessional, juvenile, petty and ridiculous smirk that he displays in Court.

:twocents:

I think if you look hard enough, you will realize that to Baez, this case is about Baez, and had nothing to do with the death of an innocent child or the muderer of this child.

Dont have to look that hard, he spells out everytime he opens his mouth.

Baez has no defense and no proof that ICA did not kill Caylee. We all know that if he had anything at all he would be holding a press conference and screaming at the top of his lungs about it if he did. He has nothing and no strategy except to try and get all evidence thrown out. If he had anything that was going to be an "aha moment" we would already have seen it, he would not wait for trial.

I agree with you truckengirl..

If Baez had any evidence at all that Casey did not kill Caylee Casey would not have been indicted for Murder in October 2008 and she would not be in jail.

I keep thinking back to the Limited Immunity deal offered in Aug/Sept 2008 to Casey/Baez.
A deal they refused and according to the email exchange with SA LDB, Baez initiated.

Well, it's blatantly obvious now that Baez' defense strategy is to read the blogs on the internet, and peruse and hopefully see that someone else might come up with a defense for him. In the meantime, he sure has made it perfectly clear by commenting as such that this is what he has been doing all along.

The defense strategy in a nut shell, (Exactly where it belongs!) Thank you for summing it up so well.

Jennifer Killins was added to the defense witness list as well as the OPD officers. The report was filed 10/9/2008, starting at page 7: http://www.clickorlando.com/download/2009/1209/21909342.pdf

Florence Harbor is also where JB had PI Lyon canvass the neighborhood for info, invoice below:

http://www.wftv.com/pdf/24312415/detail.html

Lt. Driscoll & Officer O'Day were just listed as defense witness, my guess is the defense will not make the scream the issue, but the fact that several OPD and OCSO officers with a K-9 unit, an aerial helicopter search did not notice or find anything, therefore Caylee could not have been there on 10/09/08. Also note the map, it appears that the officers parked on Suburban Dr. as with X's.

IMO, they can't make this work because of Mr. Kronk calling in August. This will benefit the State because once again, the area was reported to be under water.

Is the defense attempting to go with a police conspiracy theory?

Listed in "multiple choice" format for ease.

a. "Hey, look over there."
b. "I'm sorry I'm just an old guy. Can you say that again?" aka "Ineffective assistance of hearing aids.... errrrrrrrrr counsel."
c. "KC was a victim of corrupt LE."
d. "My client is being discriminated against as the client of an Hispanic attorney."
e. "He did it or could have done it but you didn't prove he didn't."
f. "She did it or could have but you didtn't prove she didn't."
g. "It's been too long since the crime and witnesses can't remember accurate info."
h. "Some people don't like me and are punishing my girl."
i. "We didn't know those visits family visits were being recorded and KC may have given people the wrong idea."
j. "You are just biased because she is pretty."
k. "You don't like her pictures."
l. "You have NEVER taken a deposition from the real Zanny."
m. "You didn't let KC search for her daughter in private."
n. "You just don't know what I know."
o. "You didn't pay attention to the evidence and were focused on my smirk / pen clicking, nifty suit."
p. "You didn't watch all of my media appearances."
q. "LE is inept."
r. "The FBI is inept."
s. "The State wouldn't give me a checkbook to work with like ABC did."
t. "We were too busy preparing for the penalty phase that we couldn't tell you the real story. BUT...we will in a book out soon."
u. "Water levels are really subjective."
v. "Andrea ditched us."
w. "Todd ditched us....but shout out for his donation."
x. "I forgot to do some stuff, but it's not her fault."
y. "Do you really want to try this case again?"
z. "Who are you going to believe...ME or your own eyes????"

I had this warm comfortable sort of pleased hum all around me yesterday, and it took me a while to figure out what I was very pleased about. It was a bit like the feeling after you hear a good story or share a really good joke.

Then I realized it was because I knew Baez and Mason were sitting down with Dr. Vass to have a conversation and do a deposition.

How do you suppose it went? Say wha-a-at?
:laugh::floorlaugh:

Silly Baez and Mason! :slap:

I had this warm comfortable sort of pleased hum all around me yesterday, and it took me a while to figure out what I was very pleased about. It was a bit like the feeling after you hear a good story or share a really good joke.

Then I realized it was because I knew Baez and Mason were sitting down with Dr. Vass to have a conversation and do a deposition.

How do you suppose it went? Say wha-a-at?
:laugh::floorlaugh:

Silly Baez and Mason! :slap:

Well, lets see, no press conference yet only the sounds of crickets again so I guess it did not go as well as they had hoped. I hope Dr. Vass schooled them and let them know his science is NOT junk science.

Listed in "multiple choice" format for ease.

a. "Hey, look over there."
b. "I'm sorry I'm just an old guy. Can you say that again?" aka "Ineffective assistance of hearing aids.... errrrrrrrrr counsel."
c. "KC was a victim of corrupt LE."
d. "My client is being discriminated against as the client of an Hispanic attorney."
e. "He did it or could have done it but you didn't prove he didn't."
f. "She did it or could have but you didtn't prove she didn't."
g. "It's been too long since the crime and witnesses can't remember accurate info."
h. "Some people don't like me and are punishing my girl."
i. "We didn't know those visits family visits were being recorded and KC may have given people the wrong idea."
j. "You are just biased because she is pretty."
k. "You don't like her pictures."
l. "You have NEVER taken a deposition from the real Zanny."
m. "You didn't let KC search for her daughter in private."
n. "You just don't know what I know."
o. "You didn't pay attention to the evidence and were focused on my smirk / pen clicking, nifty suit."
p. "You didn't watch all of my media appearances."
q. "LE is inept."
r. "The FBI is inept."
s. "The State wouldn't give me a checkbook to work with like ABC did."
t. "We were too busy preparing for the penalty phase that we couldn't tell you the real story. BUT...we will in a book out soon."
u. "Water levels are really subjective."
v. "Andrea ditched us."
w. "Todd ditched us....but shout out for his donation."
x. "I forgot to do some stuff, but it's not her fault."
y. "Do you really want to try this case again?"
z. "Who are you going to believe...ME or your own eyes????"

Is a shovel included with this? It certainly "screams" for one.

Listed in "multiple choice" format for ease. <respectfully snipped>
Sarcasm aside, I think we got a preview of the defense in Casey's jail inmate letters. I don't think it is stated outright in the letters but there is an underlying assumption that TonE and his swinging bachelor roommates weren't going to let Casey and Caylee move in there indefinitely so Casey needed to make more permanent arrangements. Casey describes how she needed a babysitter to watch Caylee while she searched for a place of their own and bought stuff for the new place. Apparently this took weeks so Caylee "was missing, but not missing" at the same time.

I realize there are holes big enough to drive a truck through, possibly big enough to sail the Titanic through, but the title of this thread is "What is the Defense Strategy?" not "What are the Problems with the Defense Strategy?"

Also, it is certainly possible that the defense strategies have changed over time as various attorneys came and went.

Katprint
Always only my own opinions

Sarcasm aside, I think we got a preview of the defense in Casey's jail inmate letters. I don't think it is stated outright in the letters but there is an underlying assumption that TonE and his swinging bachelor roommates weren't going to let Casey and Caylee move in there indefinitely so Casey needed to make more permanent arrangements. Casey describes how she needed a babysitter to watch Caylee while she searched for a place of their own and bought stuff for the new place. Apparently this took weeks so Caylee "was missing, but not missing" at the same time.

I realize there are holes big enough to drive a truck through, possibly big enough to sail the Titanic through, but the title of this thread is "What is the Defense Strategy?" not "What are the Problems with the Defense Strategy?"

Also, it is certainly possible that the defense strategies have changed over time as various attorneys came and went.

Katprint

Yeah, kinda like quicksand: ever fluid, ever changing, without a foundation, and it will suck them right down.

Yeah, kinda like quicksand: ever fluid, ever changing, without a foundation, and it will suck them right down.

Kinda reminds me of that song adults used to sing when I was just a small kid - and it was about a bolweavle (I'm sure I haven't spelled that right).

All I could sing was the chorus, and I think Baez has joined me.

It was "Looking for a home, gotta find me a home...."

Frankly I think Baez will hang his hat on any defense peg that will hold it and I'm not sure he's found one yet.

Katprint
BBM
:waitasec: Perhaps I am not understanding.
But Caylee never "moved in" TL's apartment..iirc she was there twice.
Casey basically started "living at TL's on June 16 and Caylee was never to be seen again after June 15 by other than Casey and George, who claim June 16.

Jennifer Killins was added to the defense witness list as well as the OPD officers. The report was filed 10/9/2008, starting at page 7: http://www.clickorlando.com/download/2009/1209/21909342.pdf

Florence Harbor is also where JB had PI Lyon canvass the neighborhood for info, invoice below:

http://www.wftv.com/pdf/24312415/detail.html

Lt. Driscoll & Officer O'Day were just listed as defense witness, my guess is the defense will not make the scream the issue, but the fact that several OPD and OCSO officers with a K-9 unit, an aerial helicopter search did not notice or find anything, therefore Caylee could not have been there on 10/09/08. Also note the map, it appears that the officers parked on Suburban Dr. as with X's.

IMO, they can't make this work because of Mr. Kronk calling in August. This will benefit the State because once again, the area was reported to be under water.

Is the defense attempting to go with a police conspiracy theory?

Baez has stated in the past "Casey is aware of the forces that are out to get her"

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/19174406/detail.html
Baez: Forces Out To Get Anthony
State To Seek Death Penalty In Case

"Casey is aware of the forces that are out to get her"? Umm - Baez, those would the the laws governing that great country you live in. Have you mentioned that to her?

BBM
Maybe JB has been playing with too many of Lee's "Star Wars" action figures?

apropos of nothing, everytime I read this thread title my brain autocorrects it to "what defense strategy??!" and everytime I dont realise I read it wrong and think ooo, we got a thread for that now? :biglaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back2theGardenAgain