Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Crimes and Trials > Trials > Travis Alexander Trial - The State vs. Jodi Arias

Notices

Travis Alexander Trial - The State vs. Jodi Arias Jodi Arias is accused of shooting her ex-boyfriend in the face, stabbing him multiple times and slitting his throat from ear to ear. Her attorneys will argue she killed him in self-defense.

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2013, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonetraveler View Post
She could have just walked back into the bedroom and grabbed it while he was in the shower.
Quote:
Originally Posted by popsicle View Post
But it still doesn't explain why it is in the bathroom.
Possible she was duct taped in the bathroom. Knife in the bathroom to cut a length of tape and then cut off of her in the bathroom. Possibly they liked watching themselves in the mirror. They liked taking pictures. Just a thought.
Old 01-08-2013, 12:24 AM

Tomorrow in court they are going to show more pictures of the crime scene. Beth from TruTV says they are going to show the area where she slit his throat in the hallway and other photos.

This poor guy imo was trying to get away from her. I think she took that picture of him in the shower and for some reason he came out and she stabbed him by the sink. They said he was probably spitting up blood over the sink then I think he tried to leave and she stabbed him in his back over and over again where he collasped in the hallway.

Its just to horrible to even write it.

Prayers for his family and his friends.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to trigger For This Useful Post:
Old 01-08-2013, 12:27 AM
From The Dept of Redundancy Dept

I think the defense's fallback position will be to try to sway the jury to 2nd degree if they simply don't believe it was self-defense. They are trying first to get Arias acquitted (as defense attorneys they have to do their best for their client), and will ask the jury to consider the circumstances of all this activity taking place within 1 to 3 minutes of time. With 2nd degree their client could get out of prison someday. Not someday soon, but eventually, decades later.

So naturally any defense attorney will try to get their client off as a best case scenario (they know this is a longshot). And if that fails, try to get the jury to see this as a "crime of passion" level of murder.
Old 01-08-2013, 12:37 AM

The defense did not want evidence of the gun theft. They did not want her polygraph in, or her interviews. And they did not want the Dp on the table.

GN all

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to trigger For This Useful Post:
Old 01-08-2013, 01:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trigger View Post
The defense did not want evidence of the gun theft. They did not want her polygraph in, or her interviews. And they did not want the Dp on the table.

GN all
She took a polygraph and failed?

If true ..,,,

I'm shocked!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nosy by Nature and a Websleuther by choice
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Linda7NJ For This Useful Post:
Old 01-08-2013, 01:43 AM

Man I am devils advocate on this thread but
did I honestly read that since she had sex with him before
it was impossible that he raped her? I guess husbands can't
rape wives now either.

In this case rape is unlikely but seriously you can rape someone
who was formerly willing or even someone who is a " 3 holed wonder"
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Justme84 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-08-2013, 06:11 AM

I suppose InSession will spend the morning prior to live trial showing the LE witnesses and some of the crime scene photos. If you have the opportunity to watch, note the size of the tassel(s)? found in the bathroom. The ruler was in millimeters and it is roughly 25 mm to an inch. Based on the scale, it (they?) were just over ONE INCH in length. On re-direct, Martinez had the witness identify pillows in the bedroom which had similar tassels. I wonder how the tassel got in the bathroom, but we will probably never know.

There was also a length of a heavy, thread-like material on one of the stairs. One thing is for sure: if that came from a pillow, it was in no way the "rope" the defense claims Travis used to bind Jodi. It's way too short. In fact, I have to wonder if one of the tasseled throw-pillows is involved. Perhaps Travis grabbed it when he ran to the bedroom after being stabbed and tried to use it to shield himself from further stab wounds. I wonder if there is a pillow missing from the set.

As for the deadly knife, the defense briefly mentioned in the opening that Travis used a knife to cut the "rope" to bind Jodi. Hello? It would take a pair of scissors to remove a tassel from a pillow, not a butcher knife strong enough to pierce the heart and slit a throat.

I still believe it was fully pre-meditated murder. Here's my list of clues:

1. The stolen gun
2. Dying her hair
3. Out-of-town car rental
4. Messing with the license plates
5. Knowledge of when his roommates would be out of town (hacked computer?)

EDWARD COUNSEL, Maxims
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to CarolinaMoon For This Useful Post:
Old 01-08-2013, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LambChop View Post
I have not read all the posts from the beginning. Just started reading last week but I would really like to know if there is any proof that Travis was in any way controlling of her or is this just coming from JA. It seems as if we are becoming a society that feels the need to blame the victims for the crimes against them.

So if it's just speculation I wish others could make it clear when they post. Eventually I will catch up but anything coming from JA's side I would never believe. As far as lying, I believe she has outdone KC. jmo
Lamb Chop,

I followed the case from the beginning on another site, which really covered it in depth, but have not read a lot about it recently.

However, there was no mention of Travis being controlling. When Jodi was first arrested she denied she was there, then blamed the murder on two unknown assailants, who magically she got away from when the gun they pointed at her jammed. She has changed her story to fit the evidence as it was disclosed.

All I have ever read that was Travis was a decent person. I don't doubt that he had some faults, like everyone, but I never heard anything about him being controlling. The talk was about her continued pestering of him, despite him trying to call the relationship off.

I am usually an innocent till proved guilty type of person, however in this case, it quickly became apparent that Jodi killed Travis, via the evidence found. I don't believe it was self defence on her part at all. She has lied and lied and lied and I believe (like FCA) she will never accept responsibility for what she did and will just keep on with the lies. If it was self defence (which the evidence does not suggest) why did she not call the police? Instead she toddled off to another guy she had lined up and had sexual relations with him and lied about seeing Travis. You could be quite right about her lying more than FCA, at the very least she is on a par with her for lies.
Old 01-08-2013, 08:25 AM

Hey Guys, Thanks for all your updates of the trial. I'm at work so can't see it. I really really hope she takes the stand. That will be the final nail in her coffin. Also, how come the media are galmourising this woman? Is it just me, but she isn't even pretty. She looks like she has been hit in the face with something hard.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sindydee For This Useful Post:
Old 01-08-2013, 08:29 AM
WS Super Moderator

http://stedithstein.org/pictures/cof...utsGraphic.jpg

goodmorning everybody! I brought the coffee and donuts ^^
Old 01-08-2013, 08:31 AM
WS Super Moderator

I also created a new thread as this one is getting long... this one will close in a bit

Jodi Arias Trial discussion, #2 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community