Man shoots pastor for being amphibian from Mars. Idaho, 2016

Rayemonde

Reaction score
Very sad, sounds like the suspected shooter has a serious mental illness. If he really believes what he says, he will have good grounds for an insanity defence. His delusions remind me of a movie, They Live. They also sound very similar to David Ike's "reptilian" conspiracy theories. Just imagine how terrifying it must be to truly believe that these aliens are masquerading as humans, and are in positions of power... In this guy's mind he's a hero trying to save the world.

The former Marine arrested outside the White House on an attempted murder warrant from Idaho wrote a 21-page manisfesto claiming that the pastor he shot in Coeur d'Alene was an "amphibian-humanoid from Mars."...

Odom had been the subject of a manhunt since police say he shot the Rev. Tim Remington several times in the parking lot of the Altar Church in Coeur d'Alene after services Sunday. Remington remains hospitalized in stable condition...

Odom, who has a history of mental illness, claims on the first page of his manifesto that he is "100% sane, 0% crazy." He then explains that his life was ruined by an intelligent species from Mars whose technology is "millions of years" more advanced than ours. The Martians wanted him as a sex slave as part of their breeding stock of humans whose offspring walk among us, Odom said. Martians from Mars live deep in the Earth, he says...

Odom says he shot Remington after the pastor's "true face" as a Martian briefly appeared while Remington was attempting to persuade Odom to become a pastor himself.

http://www.thv11.com/news/nation-now/suspect-in-idaho-pastor-shooting-blames-martians/75002488

Surely, us human beings on Planet Earth are the only living beings in the entire universe, right?

---Said the self centered, self absorbed people of Planet Earth.

:hilarious:

But yeah, let's label him as insane, mentally ill, etc....because that makes us all feel better.

NO, I don't believe the pastor was a Martian and NO I don't believe he deserved to be shot. I'm just in one of those moods tonight. Lol

Surely, us human beings on Planet Earth are the only living beings in the entire universe, right?

---Said the self centered, self absorbed people of Planet Earth.

:hilarious:

But yeah, let's label him as insane, mentally ill, etc....because that makes us all feel better.

NO, I don't believe the pastor was a Martian and NO I don't believe he deserved to be shot. I'm just in one of those moods tonight. Lol

As Arthur C. Clarke wrote:

Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.

Very sad, sounds like the suspected shooter has a serious mental illness. If he really believes what he says, he will have good grounds for an insanity defence. His delusions remind me of a movie, They Live. They also sound very similar to David Ike's "reptilian" conspiracy theories. Just imagine how terrifying it must be to truly believe that these aliens are masquerading as humans, and are in positions of power... In this guy's mind he's a hero trying to save the world.

http://www.thv11.com/news/nation-now/suspect-in-idaho-pastor-shooting-blames-martians/75002488

Thank you Raymonde for having some compassion in your post for this mentally ill man instead of poking fun.I hope this thread does not go the way of jokes and further the stigma of a serious issue.Yeah I know I am a downer.

Mental health is very very under funded. Gone are the huge psych hospitals where patients were locked up. Tortured with electro therapy. Etc etc...

But in turn leaving a huge void. After children grow up and move on to adult life. There's less and less access to programs and medications. Many are unemployed many homeless. Many are abused. But when you're in this ever decreasing circle. It's hard to see the light on the other side.
Many are transients. Stay a few days. Beg. Go thru trash bins. Recycling bins for clothing. Many have lost their families. And many are killed. Thru no fault of their own. Just because they're 'different'
Our wealthy politicians need to stop funding wars. $500.000.00
For bombs.... what the actual *advertiser censored**!
Someone somewhere has no bed tonight. Trying to get warm under boxes beneath a bridge. With no food in their tummy.
THEY are the ones who need saving. And yet we now have millions of migrants fleeing to Northern Europe. Expecting free food free money free housing. Some do. But now not so much. There isn't enough houses or money or jobs for an excess of migrants flooding in.
We need to look at home. Our Veterans for 1. Served their country n left broken. Mental health issues abound their every living day. And night.

#Home is where the heart is.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Thank you Raymonde for having some compassion in your post for this mentally ill man instead of poking fun.I hope this thread does not go the way of jokes and further the stigma of a serious issue.Yeah I know I am a downer.
As for the film They Live. It's not too far from the truth. I moo. [emoji15]

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

When I first read the headline I thought immediately of 'The Creature from The Black Lagoon'.

I loved that movie and still do. It was a 50's production I think?

Sorry for the news story though.

Our Vets need all the help anyone can offer and more when they come home.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knovah
Back