CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - # 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know what would be interesting? The evidence processed during the search of the house in March is being held back...I wonder if there is a grand jury waiting in the wings for this case.

Daughter JuM dedicated that tree to the wrong man. It wasn't Bob who made his wife a widow.

jmo

An important point. In Feb. 2011 daughter R posted on a forum that she did not know the time JeM left Mr. Harrod's house to go to Home Depot.

This is over a year and a half after Mr. Harrod's disappearance. JeM was the last person to see Mr. Harrod alive. The time is VERY important in establishing a timeline of what happened to Mr. Harrod, yet daughter R doesn't know the time.

Why not call your BIL and ask him what time he last saw Mr. Harrod and what time he left to go to Home Depot?

You know what would be interesting? The evidence processed during the search of the house in March is being held back...I wonder if there is a grand jury waiting in the wings for this case.

BBM~~~~

I hope there is.

I am certain that a family who wants answers will be knocking each other over to testify and give their version of events.

An important point. In Feb. 2011 daughter R posted on a forum that she did not know the time JeM left Mr. Harrod's house to go to Home Depot.

This is over a year and a half after Mr. Harrod's disappearance. JeM was the last person to see Mr. Harrod alive. The time is VERY important in establishing a timeline of what happened to Mr. Harrod, yet daughter R doesn't know the time.

Why not call your BIL and ask him what time he last saw Mr. Harrod and what time he left to go to Home Depot?

I suppose it is better not to know if you are going to be interviewed by LE or even asked to take a poly.

I may have this whole situation the wrong way around-RB may have her own suspicions regarding her sister and BIL...my understanding is that she is very sharp. Maybe this is the real reason she doesnt want to get involved in the details...or draw attention to her father's disappearance/presumed homicide. Can you imagine what a heartache and burden that would be?

If any of the family was in that position, I expect it would tear them apart to have to choose a side.

I suppose it is better not to know if you are going to be interviewed by LE or even asked to take a poly.

I may have this whole situation the wrong way around-RB may have her own suspicions regarding her sister and BIL...my understanding is that she is very sharp. Maybe this is the real reason she doesnt want to get involved in the details...or draw attention to her father's disappearance/presumed homicide. Can you imagine what a heartache and burden that would be?

If any of the family was in that position, I expect it would tear them apart to have to choose a side.

Well said. I've thought the same thing but couldn't quite put it into words.

What leaves me perplexed is why spend so much time and energy to divert attention away from her BIL, if she has unspoken suspicions? Why not just go about the business of her responsibility as co-conservator of Bobs estate and not offer opinions on who she may suspect or not suspect?

And yes, if one suspected a family member it would be a tremendous heartache and burden. I pray anyone in that situation would do the right thing.

This whole discussion is about Bob Harrod...he's missing...WHAT ABOUT BOB???

These questions being discussed are tough and beg answers. Are we morally corrupt?

No silence, no distractions, no lies, ....just the truth!!!!

"The truth shall set you free" Anyone believe that any more?

This whole discussion is about Bob Harrod...he's missing...WHAT ABOUT BOB???

These questions being discussed are tough and beg answers. Are we morally corrupt?

No silence, no distractions, no lies, ....just the truth!!!!

"The truth shall set you free" Anyone believe that any more?

A family with no involvement or no suspicions of other family members involvement know the tough questions begging for answers are a necessary part of the investigation to move the case forward.

A family wanting answers would know it is protocal of any investigation to focus on the those closest to the victim first. There is no reason for any innocent party, in any case, not to jump through hoops to clear themself so investigators can move the case forward. No reason not to address those tough questions head on.

It's been said this case is polarizing. This case must also be like bondage for those with knowledge or suspicions of the truth, spoken or not. What a heavy burden to carry, for not only themselves but also for all of those around them.

As much as I see where you're coming from, I really want to think that there is at least one person out there who wants to do right, and the opportunity for him is now. Take a deep breath, please -- take as many as you need, and think about how you could avoid so many repercussions. You can and should put yourself in the driver's seat here. You have one life to live, and this is a singular opportunity to make things right.

Who does not want justice for Bob Harrod?

I agree completely with you on this. There is at least one.

Do the right thing.

One of the biggest sticking points to me is the fact that JeM did NOT return to Placentia with his wife the next day when she went down to "change the sheets". Her 85 year old father is missing, by JeM's own report there was a suspicious black SUV lurking in the area. Why would a loving, caring hubby allow her to go there by herself? If I am not mistaken, didnt he need to return to complete his handyman projects?

Yes, according to one of Bobs daughters SIL JeM left a note for Bob that he hoped he was ok and would be returning the following day to finish up work he hadn't completed Monday. It's odd that he didn't return to finish up that work if he had no involvement in Bobs disappearance.

Now, if SIL did have any involvement what a selfish act to put the burden of carrying this "secret" on his wife, sister in laws, son, daughter in law and grandchildren.

Hopefully there is at least one member of this family who will put Bob first. Realizing the repercussions of the truth coming out in any other manner extends beyond legal repercussions. Doing the right thing may be difficult, but what repercussions are those with knowledge (directly or not directly) responsible willing to make and at what costs?

Yes, the truth will set you free.

JMO

Sun, July 26, 2009
• Afternoon – Bob’s 3 daughters went to his house in Placentia
• Police: They argued over finances / money
• FH: Bob said his daughters became upset when he told them he planned to include his new wife in the estate
• Daughter PB: “There was a family meeting on Sunday, it was heated at times, there were NO threats and we all left on good terms.” (ref hearsay from daughter on IS forum)
• Daughter RB: She said her father lost his temper. She said he had failed to provide copies of their mother's will, which he was obligated to do because of the financial mechanisms set up by the estate. "It wasn't a heated meeting," she said in a phone interview. "Dad got heated. He's very selfish, very conditional. The day before he went missing in the afternoon, he was going to provide us copies of the will, and we went over to get the copies. He didn't have them."
• Evening - FH last spoke to Bob by phone while she was in MO
• ~8:00PM – Sunset in CA

CA CA - Bob Harrod, Time Line and Media Links only - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

I keep wishing there would be a different ending tomorrow. :(

Yes, according to one of Bobs daughters SIL JeM left a note for Bob that he hoped he was ok and would be returning the following day to finish up work he hadn't completed Monday. It's odd that he didn't return to finish up that work if he had no involvement in Bobs disappearance.

Now, if SIL did have any involvement what a selfish act to put the burden of carrying this "secret" on his wife, sister in laws, son, daughter in law and grandchildren.

Hopefully there is at least one member of this family who will put Bob first. Realizing the repercussions of the truth coming out in any other manner extends beyond legal repercussions. Doing the right thing may be difficult, but what repercussions are those with knowledge (directly or not directly) responsible willing to make and at what costs?

Yes, the truth will set you free.

JMO

Amen to this post. In a former job I learned that one of my aunts was much older than she had let on when she married into the family. Of course, I had to keep that a secret and it was not easy (age was a big thing with some of my older relatives). In my work now in the medical field I have learned things about people I know that I never wanted to learn and, of course, could never reveal - even to the person him/herself. I cannot IMAGINE keeping a secret such as that described in the post above.

Secrets.
I worked for many years in social services. Confidentiality was our by word.
I knew many facts about people in this small town and valley that I live in, but
never discussed anything with anyone.

But I was also a mandatory reporter, so if I witnessed or knew of any kind of abuse or neglect, I had to report it.

I hope that there is a mandatory reporter among the Harrod daughters.

Secrets.
I worked for many years in social services. Confidentiality was our by word.
I knew many facts about people in this small town and valley that I live in, but
never discussed anything with anyone.

But I was also a mandatory reporter, so if I witnessed or knew of any kind of abuse or neglect, I had to report it.

I hope that there is a mandatory reporter among the Harrod daughters.

Yes, Dream, yes. Let us hope!

And, as I write this, two years ago would have been the last time that Bob laid down to sleep -- that night, likely thinking about how soon it would be (but I'm sure that even such a short time would be excruciatingly long!) before Fontelle returned to him in Placentia. And then in the next 24 hours, Bob will be murdered.

I know an anniversary shouldn't be a reason to get anyone to say what they want to say anyhow, but come on. This is your grandfather/father/friend. He has a few people who love him who are in deep torment about all of this, and there are only a few of you out there who can be his champion. Come on. You know Bob. He would have stepped up for you, and perhaps he already has, maybe even more than once -- but that was just what he did.

Do justice for him. Be his hero or champion. You will sleep better at night, as I know this must be rough.

Today is two years since Mr. Harrod disappeared. I hope PPD gets the evidence they need to prosecute those responsible for Mr. Harrods demise.

Thinking of Bob today and wishing things had turned out differently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
legalpyro74