UK - Claire Jones charged in death of newborn, London, 28 Dec 2007

White Rain

Reaction score
LONDON — A woman has told a British court she accidentally flushed her newborn down the toilet because she didn't realize she was giving birth.
Claire Jones says she knew she was pregnant from an affair with a colleague but thought the pain she suffered in the early hours of Dec. 28 was from diarrhea.
more: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,456884,00.html

I'm really confused, was this a full term pregnancy? I can't imagine your average newborn being able to fit down a toilet, they're too big!

The infant at least had to be premature, right?

Also, how could you not know you were giving birth? I can understand mistaking cramps for bowel troubles, but I'm sure you'd feel something coming out of you! (I've never given birth, but I think that would be hard to miss.)

I have no idea what to make of this at all. Unless she is totally bullsh*tting about the circumstances of the infant's death.

Either way, how sad. Poor baby.

I have never understood people who didn't realize they were giving birth.

For that matter, I don't understand the ones who didn't know they were pregnant either.

I'm really confused, was this a full term pregnancy? I can't imagine your average newborn being able to fit down a toilet, they're too big!

The infant at least had to be premature, right?

Also, how could you not know you were giving birth? I can understand mistaking cramps for bowel troubles, but I'm sure you'd feel something coming out of you! (I've never given birth, but I think that would be hard to miss.)

I have no idea what to make of this at all. Unless she is totally bullsh*tting about the circumstances of the infant's death.

Either way, how sad. Poor baby.

I agree on the size - there absolutely has to be more to this story than what's in the article.

And if I'm remembering correctly (as if I'd ever forget!) it pretty much feels like someone grabbed hold of your insides -- all of them -- and yanked them out of your body. (kind of like the poor scarecrow had to have felt when he was unstuffed). The labor pains were a breeze compared to that (something no one ever bothered to fill me in on)

Last time I had diahrrea (sp) nothing came out of my va**na. :rolleyes:

She's either an idiot or she didn't want anyone to know that she was having an affair and got pregnant.

JMO

I have heard the analogy of giving birth to grabbing your upper lip and pulling it up over your head. How could you not know that??? Then again, I had a woman tell me that had given birth and had kidney stones, the kidney stones felt like pulling it on down and setting on it, so birthing to some may not be as painful as to others. I still have trouble with the story.

For that matter, I don't understand the ones who didn't know they were pregnant either.

It is hard to imagine, but I do believe it happens and some folks don't know.

In my early 20s, I had a terrifying miscarriage - I didn't really have a clue what was happening until the end of it some hours later. When I went to the doctor the next day, he told me I had been 15 weeks pregnant. Now, 15 weeks is pretty pregnant and I had NO idea I was pregnant.

Last time I had diahrrea (sp) nothing came out of my va**na. :rolleyes:

She's either an idiot or she didn't want anyone to know that she was having an affair and got pregnant.

JMO

LOL; I'm on narcotics this morning so maybe it is my preverse sense of humor, but I haven't had such a good laugh in long time, Lizzybeth!:clap:

my first pregnancy i still had my period and i would take pregnancy tests, the dr would also give me one and they kept coming back...not pregnant. they decided i was having gastritis. finally i was about 5 months pregnant and felt the baby kicking and said doc...something isn't right. they took another pregnancy test and found out i was pregnant. this was in nov. i had been getting tests since june. so they told me this time i was pregnant and that i was due in may. i said no way. come feb. they were still telling me i was due in may i said no way i feel like i'm having her any day now. back then they didn't do ultrasounds like they do now. they finally did on end of feb and found out day they did it was my due date. my so called gastritis is now 32 years old.:crazy:

so i can totally understand how someone can not know they're pregnant especially if the baby isn't real active. or docs keep telling them the tests are coming back negative.

oh forgot to add that also when i did go into labor i didn't know it. it just felt like a lot of pressure. i was in the hospital and almost ready to deliver and telling the girl in the bed next to me to shut up i was trying to sleep!! when i was actually giving birth they had to wake me up so i could watch.

my first pregnancy i still had my period and i would take pregnancy tests, the dr would also give me one and they kept coming back...not pregnant. they decided i was having gastritis. finally i was about 5 months pregnant and felt the baby kicking and said doc...something isn't right. they took another pregnancy test and found out i was pregnant. this was in nov. i had been getting tests since june. so they told me this time i was pregnant and that i was due in may. i said no way. come feb. they were still telling me i was due in may i said no way i feel like i'm having her any day now. back then they didn't do ultrasounds like they do now. they finally did on end of feb and found out day they did it was my due date. my so called gastritis is now 32 years old.:crazy:

so i can totally understand how someone can not know they're pregnant especially if the baby isn't real active. or docs keep telling them the tests are coming back negative.

oh forgot to add that also when i did go into labor i didn't know it. it just felt like a lot of pressure. i was in the hospital and almost ready to deliver and telling the girl in the bed next to me to shut up i was trying to sleep!! when i was actually giving birth they had to wake me up so i could watch.

Same thing just happened to my sister. She took a test in June/July because she was late and it was negative. She eventually started her period and didn't think anything else about it. Last month she thought she had a UTI, went to the doctor where they informed her that she was 5 months pregnant. She is due in late Feb. or early March. I still cannot imagine not knowing that you were giving birth! That poor baby.

There's got to be way more to this. First, a baby is too big to fit down that small toilet hole; second, she tried to revive the baby after pulling it out of said hole? How the hell? Then, she puts the baby in her trunk?!

:waitasec: :waitasec: :waitasec:

---
Diarrhea feels nothing like giving birth. Giving birth feels like you're crapping out a watermelon. lol

At least for me it did. :p

for what it's worth, I've had three kids and to me labor pains feel like HORRIBLE diarreah cramps.

So while I still think this woman is FOS (I mean wouldn't you be at least curious to look at what your massive diarreah looked like before you flushed it?) I cannot imagine that she didn't realize she had just given birth.

for what it's worth, I've had three kids and to me labor pains feel like HORRIBLE diarreah cramps.

So while I still think this woman is FOS (I mean wouldn't you be at least curious to look at what your massive diarreah looked like before you flushed it?) I cannot imagine that she didn't realize she had just given birth.

That's a good point. Not to be too graphic, but sometimes looking can help you determine just what it might be that's causing it.

I also don't buy this chick's story but when the urge to push happens in the birthing process, it can definitely feel similar to the urge to defecate. Depending on how large the birth canal is and how small the baby's head..... my friend had 4 kids and had no pain while they were coming out of her. As I like to say in my truly eloquent moments: Like throwing a hot dog down a hall way!! LOL
Still I don't get how the baby got flushed no matter how small it was.

This might sound weird, but I didn't have any pain either. Now labor was a b*tch but the birth, um.... well..... oh, dear... it was the first orgasm I ever had (other than ones I gave myself) :blush:

Pain, abject pain is what I remember. When the Doctor said "OK, one more push, you are almost there, a number of times, the thought occurred to me to "push right in his face". But of course I did not.

I cannot imagine someone "thinking" that labor is not painful. Heck pushing a water melon sized baby, out a a "lemon" size area.

Please, this women knew what was happening, but making excuses and evading responsibility seems to be the mantra.

This might sound weird, but I didn't have any pain either. Now labor was a b*tch but the birth, um.... well..... oh, dear... it was the first orgasm I ever had (other than ones I gave myself) :blush:

:eek: I am speechless! Never heard of this! Wow.

My first and third were c-sections - 24 hours of labor with number one - he didn't want to be born yet. Ouch. A whirlwind emergency with number three -cord wrapped around his neck four times. My second was a VBAC. She now likes to tell people she was the "only one born normal!" LOL. It felt like pushing out a bowling ball - and I wish they had done an enema. 'Nuf said.

I don't get this story, but experiences birthin' babies seems to run the gamut.

Eve

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie
Back