MO - Lisa Irwin, 10 months, Kansas City, 4 Oct 2011 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
How would the intruder know they didn't have a landline?

A 'phone box' outside that had lines into the house, IIRC ours was a grey color and it had the name of the phone company on it. No land lines anymore.

Besides Fox news saying that they got this from a source close to LE? Do we have any confirmation of a 2:30 call from LE?

No. When the Captain talked with Fox News earlier, he denied any knowledge of that.

With my old door that has 3 locks, I can tell right away when I put my key in and turn that one or two of them weren't locked because of either the resistance (or lack of it) or the knob turns when I turn my key (and it doesn't when it's locked). (This happens when my stupid landlord goes in to fix something and forgets to lock all 3 of my locks.)

When I turn my key in my front door (which is rare), I can hear it and feel it unlock. If it weren't locked and I turned my key, I would know it. This statement from the dad doesn't bother me.

Does MO have a Caylee's Law?

No, proposals have been made but I know of no State that has implemented Caylee's Law . . . and actually, it is not supported law enforcement here in Missouri.

Does MO have a Caylee's Law?

Not yet. Maybe this will help it along.

I got some profoundly unconcerned form letters from the elected officials I wrote to about enacting Caylee's law, if that gives you any idea of the level of interest they have in legislation of that sort. :banghead:

Phone records would show activity on the cells. I'm suspecting more than just the one phone call is in question and possibly text messaging. Getting rid of phone doesn't get rid of the record.

And that is why I can't see any reason for the mother disposing of the cell phones in order to cover something up. I think that anyone that has a cell phone know the records of incoming/outgoing calls and texts exist. I can sign on to my account online and see a call I made an hour ago and I can go back months. To me making the cell phones disappear would be the last thing I would do IF I USED it during a crime - would make LE look into those records fast. MOO

I wanted to put my 2 cents in about the cell phones. Dad was at work possible has acess to a phone mom's phone is the one that was broke, they buy a new one and with baby being sick needs a phone to call someone ( her mum doc what ever) so keeps dads phone, and is in the process of taking numbers from her old phone to the new one. That is why there were 3 phones.

Her clothes she wore to bed ... or didnt.... When my kids were sick cold flu what ever at that age sometimes they had diaherria, I put them in pants/ shorts to sleep.. it made clean up easier as the poo didnt go everywhere as much. Whether the parental units did it or not... Honestly, does it TRUELY matter? If they did then most probably they will get caught. If they didnt do it then SOMEONE did. This lil one has more people out there then her parents who love her. Arguing over thier guilt when it is unknown is in someways mean. If Lisa grandma and grandpa or aunties and uncles read this they wont like it. Just send prayers she is found whole and ok. If she isnt Pray she is found for her siblings and parents and OTHER loved ones have closure NO MATTER WHO DID IT

A 'phone box' outside that had lines into the house, IIRC ours was a grey color and it had the name of the phone company on it. No land lines anymore.

I no longer have a land line but the box and wire from the pole are still there. ATT never removed them.

While I don't have a good feel for this case so far, I lean toward the mom as knowing something. Her crying is genuine to me, but that doesn't mean she doesn't have an unpaid debt that someone decided to collect on. She seems to have raised police's suspicions.

I'm a little bothered that dad isn't jumping up and down to take a lie detector test, but my hinky meter isn't rising much when listening to him.

I am sure if the mom was coming or going during the night some neighbor would have heard or seen something, don't you think? Unless the dad took her (lisa) with when he left for work?

Phone records would show activity on the cells. I'm suspecting more than just the one phone call is in question and possibly text messaging. Getting rid of phone doesn't get rid of the record.

You are correct and I understand all that, but just because the call was made on her phone does not mean she made it. That was what I was wondering--if they in fact know who placed the call. And I also wondered if they have tried calling the phones to see where they ping. just some questions I had. tia

Many houses here still have the grey box, but no landline.

I am sure if the mom was coming or going during the night some neighbor would have heard or seen something, don't you think? Unless the dad took her (lisa) with when he left for work?

The boys are old enough to know that something was amiss, don't you think? And I am sure they have been questioned. jmo

I have read as much as I have had time for but I have missed a lot; it goes so fast and you "youngsters" are hard to keep up with! Going to ask a question that prolly everyone knows the answer to but me; exactly at what point and with what phone and by whom was the 911 call made? TIA

I've not heard or read anywhere how the 911 call was made. But come to think of it I have also not heard that there was any neighbors present when LE arrived. If someone came to my house and needed to use my phone to call 911, I would probably go back to their house with them. Emotional support as well as finding out more about what was going on. Another little anomaly.

The missing cell phones bother me A LOT. Mom may not be smart enough to know that police can track her calls without the phone. Why would an intruder take the time to grab all the phones that were sitting, all together on the counter, in the kitchen? He/she would want to grab the baby and take off. The notion that the intruder wanted to prevent mom from making calls is ridiculous. The mom can run next door and bang on the door, and police would be notified. The intruder wouldn't gain any real time by taking the cell phones.

Or she deliberately left it open for the 'story'. Wrong neighborhood IMO for this to work, though. Also, their house is not easily watched incognito and it is very well lit.

so un-top of the random abductor leaving most of the lights on,

Their house is also really well lit.....

:banghead:

Right,
I can see this scenario,

Abductor: "Hmmmmm, what house should we steal a baby from, how about the one that is really well lit,"

and lets go in the front door, wait,

lets pry open the window on the front of this house first....

wait look they left the front door open for us...

and while we are stealing the baby lets steal the cell phone,

also lets turn on most of the light in the house so we can see

.:banghead:

And that is why I can't see any reason for the mother disposing of the cell phones in order to cover something up. I think that anyone that has a cell phone know the records of incoming/outgoing calls and texts exist. I can sign on to my account online and see a call I made an hour ago and I can go back months. To me making the cell phones disappear would be the last thing I would do IF I USED it during a crime - would make LE look into those records fast. MOO

Surprisingly a lot of people seem to be unaware of that. Some people seem to think that getting rid of the phone gets rid of the record. Plus there have been a lot of news articles lately that talk about how so many companies aren't saving the info anymore.

Probably would have been better for her if she had just not admitted to having that particular phone and keeping the other working phone.

Today the phones were an issue all along. Yesterday Young said basically the phones netted no information.

Just thinking outloud.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member