**Verdict watch weekend discussion thread** 3/3-4/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't disagree with you. In fact I don't really think JY has to prove where he got the cigar. I think the jury won't spend any time dealing with that.

I don't think they will spend any time on the humidor, but I do believe they will discuss whether or not he exited the hotel to smoke a cigar or for a totally different reason.

The debate isn't whether or not he exited the hotel. We know from his own testimony that he exited the hotel. The debate is whether it was to smoke a cigar or whether or not it was to leave and drive back to Raleigh.

So, yes, I do believe they will spend some time discussing cigar smoking. Likely very similar to the discussion that has been had on this board with the jurors giving their own personal experience to the behavior and habits of cigar smokers - be it casual or habitual.

IMO

OT Watching 48 hours..couple beat to death, no forced entry, no money stolen even though it was sticking out of victims pant pocket, clear bloody shoe prints on floor...cops believe prints were staged, and victims hit so many times...20X's and right away cops feel the victims knew the person. Can't eliminate son. Sounds familiar.

I watched it too and could not believe the similarities. I hope this jury puts it all together like that jury did.

My son has a humidor. It is a lovely wooden box with a lock and key.
What Mrs. Young exhibited was not the humidor that I am accustomed to.
I think she called it a hubidor.
And it was pointed out that the hubidor was dragged out of the storage bin.

And that JY received while working for Lowe's. I work for a bar and I have tons of things I get from Bud, Miller Lite etc but that don't mean I drink them either!

As I said earlier it is not just a ticket. It can effect if the insurance is going to pay or if they are going to raise your rates. It is surprising how many people will lie when they break the law I grant you that, but it doesn't mean you agree with it. The same holds true if your car is stolen and you admit you left your keys in it.

Would this be the same JLY who was in the process of getting a homeowners maintanance policy to fix his already broken heat pump? :fence:

Standing right where? According to the witness that took the stand ( the one related to a friend of JY)- neither occupant was there. They both had been taken to the hospital.

When JY gave his account of what happened to police, MY was right there. Whenever/wherever that was.

Brevard Public Schools were closed for Memorial Day 2006, the day of the accident...

http://www.brevard.k12.fl.us/calendar/district/0506/20052006Calendar.htm

It's not listed as one of their bad weather make up days either at the bottom of the schedule.

Now, unless that area had more bad weather days than they had allocated make up days for, or if the bad weather days fell after their designated make up days whereby forcing them to pull from future days off as make up days, PY was not exactly truthful on the stand.

I wonder if we can find out the actual bad weather make days used for that school year.

IMO

OT Watching 48 hours..couple beat to death, no forced entry, no money stolen even though it was sticking out of victims pant pocket, clear bloody shoe prints on floor...cops believe prints were staged, and victims hit so many times...20X's and right away cops feel the victims knew the person. Can't eliminate son. Sounds familiar.

Yup, and he used different shoes to throw off the investigators. :what:

Thank you, I watched that too, maybe I'm having a moment and forget hearing them? Thanks for your help. I've been scouring wral for a while lol.

Collins is the one who played them, and narrated them... so you'll find it towards the end of his close IIRC. I linked it in one of the last threads, but that would be probably harder to find then going to WRAL.

I don't think they will spend any time on the humidor, but I do believe they will discuss whether or not he exited the hotel to smoke a cigar or for a totally different reason.

The debate isn't whether or not he exited the hotel. We know from his own testimony that he exited the hotel. The debate is whether it was to smoke a cigar or whether or not it was to leave and drive back to Raleigh.

So, yes, I do believe they will spend some time discussing cigar smoking. Likely very similar to the discussion that has been had on this board with the jurors giving their own personal experience to the behavior and habits of cigar smokers - be it casual or habitual.

IMO

If I were a juror I would be thinking the following about this cigar incident. Cigars are generally smoked casually and take a long time to smoke. I could see someone stepping outside for a cig but a cigar....no way. I picture cigar smokers in a lounge with a glass of scotch not outside on a windy arse cold night. Did JY have a cigar cutter in his luggage...doubt it, or even scissors? If I were on the jury I would have a tough time swallowing this excuse. JMO.

Collins is the one who played them, and narrated them... so you'll find it towards the end of his close IIRC. I linked it in one of the last threads, but that would be probably harder to find then going to WRAL.

That would explain it. I skipped some of his closing arguments b/c he was getting on my nerves a bit lol. Thanks so much Stella!

If I were a juror I would be thinking the following about this cigar incident. Cigars are generally smoked casually and take a long time to smoke. I could see someone stepping outside for a cig but a cigar....no way. I picture cigar smokers in a lounge with a glass of scotch not outside on a windy arse cold night. Did JY have a cigar cutter in his luggage...doubt it, or even scissors? If I were on the jury I would have a tough time swallowing this excuse. JMO.

I *think* he CLAIMED he used his fingers to cut it. Classic narcissists have excuses for everything...

That would explain it. I skipped some of his closing arguments b/c he was getting on my nerves a bit lol. Thanks so much Stella!

I was looking for it for you in Collins close and I couldn't stomach it so my thanks to Stella as well!!

I agree. In addition, It is more believable to me that a cigarette smoker would step out for a couple quick puffs..but a cigar takes a long time to smoke and goes out even without windy conditions. My husband use to smoke a cigar once in a while and was always re-lighting it as he had a scotch just like you said.

I *think* he CLAIMED he used his fingers to cut it. Classic narcissists have excuses for everything...

Jason Scissorhands huh? Yes they are poop salesman with mouths full of samples...every last one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam