**Verdict watch weekend discussion thread** 3/3-4/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, it is interesting how we all interpret various pieces of the case differently, however, I doubt the jury is going to spend much time on a lot of the things we've been debating.

I think they will assume that a trooper would not be willing to lie for an acquaintance and that JY's accident was just an accident.

As far as the head trauma searches go...I could probably be convicted of almost anything based on mine, and it seems a stretch that JY would go as far as to ask MY to have Shelley check up on some imaginary trauma patient. Otherwise...why would anyone need to use google to figure out that hitting someone on the head hard enough will kill them?

IMO the verdict will come down to how the jury feels about the hush puppy prints.

Thank you... I just googled for schools not any certain city or state.. But again why didnt the PT check it out????

I didn't watch the first trial so I have no idea what PY testified to the first time. Did she say this on the stand in the first trial or did PT hear it for the first time in the 2nd trial?

Mr Collins only plays the message JY left at home for MY and that is near the end of his closing.

Really?
Either it is true or he lied and left to kill his wife.
I think they will consider the cigar story carefully and will conclude, based on ttestimony, he lied......you know the rest of the story.

Yes, really. That is my opinion. I don't think either of us knows the rest of the story. But I do respect your opinion. Please respect that we may differ in our opinions.

When JY gave his account of what happened to police, MY was right there. Whenever/wherever that was.

When and where was it? I have never seen anything about that interview. Where can I find it?

I didn't watch the first trial so I have no idea what PY testified to the first time. Did she say this on the stand in the first trial or did PT hear it for the first time in the 2nd trial?

The second trial.

Mr Collins only plays the message JY left at home for MY and that is near the end of his closing.

Yes that is exactly what I'm looking for. I've heard the 911 calls when MF testified etc. I just want the VM's he left for MY.

Thank you... I just googled for schools not any certain city or state.. But again why didnt the PT check it out????

They should have to impeach her testimony, but IMO on cross she was impeaching herself a lot anyway. She's a mother trying to save her son, I believe the jury will see it that way and not take her testimony as the entire truth.

It's not listed as one of their bad weather make up days either at the bottom of the schedule.

Now, unless that area had more bad weather days than they had allocated make up days for, or if the bad weather days fell after their designated make up days whereby forcing them to pull from future days off as make up days, PY was not exactly truthful on the stand.

I wonder if we can find out the actual bad weather make days used for that school year.

IMO

Usually make-up days are tacked onto the end of the school year even if you have to go through the end of June, or taken away from spring break. IME of raising 5 children through both public & private schools we have never made a day up on a federal holiday.

If I were a juror I would be thinking the following about this cigar incident. Cigars are generally smoked casually and take a long time to smoke. I could see someone stepping outside for a cig but a cigar....no way. I picture cigar smokers in a lounge with a glass of scotch not outside on a windy arse cold night. Did JY have a cigar cutter in his luggage...doubt it, or even scissors? If I were on the jury I would have a tough time swallowing this excuse. JMO.

And you have to relight them again from time to time if you're not constantly puffing away; and on a windy night unless you're sucking it down that thing is going to go out. He used the entire matchbook to even light it, so he said. Still not buying it.

The trooper was not related to one of JY's friends. The sherriff's deputy that was already on the scene when the trooper arrived is brother to one of JYs friends.

IMO and recall from trial testimony
Even better. Thanks.

Well, it is interesting how we all interpret various pieces of the case differently, however, I doubt the jury is going to spend much time on a lot of the things we've been debating.

I think they will assume that a trooper would not be willing to lie for an acquaintance and that JY's accident was just an accident.

As far as the head trauma searches go...I could probably be convicted of almost anything based on mine, and it seems a stretch that JY would go as far as to ask MY to have Shelley check up on some imaginary trauma patient. Otherwise...why would anyone need to use google to figure out that hitting someone on the head hard enough will kill them?

IMO the verdict will come down to how the jury feels about the hush puppy prints.

BBM

Not directing this post to you but instead just piggy backing off of your post. I had posted a reply about this earlier then lost it when my internet went to take a nap for a few minutes.

I see posts saying why would this trooper risk his reputation and his military credentials by lying on a report or lying under oath.

I might have missed some posts but from what I have seen (and I've seen a lot of this discussion) I don't see anyone outright accusing or even remotely suggesting that the trooper in any way, shape or form lied.

I see posters suggesting that JY might not have been honest when giving his report to the trooper. I see posters suggesting that since JY was good friends with the sheriff deputy's brother that he might have been a bit quicker to accept at face value JY's story and then passed on that comfort level to the trooper.

I see no one casting mud or besmirching the reputation of either the trooper or the sheriff deputy.

I see many posting that it is their belief that JY would lie and based on testimony from his own friends, he is good at manipulating. So if he can pull off that sort of behavior with people that know him, then he surely can pull it off with people that don't.

That has nothing to do with any of the investigators that took down his report as being anything but honest and truthful with reporting their observations and what they were told.

IMO

She said it this time. I didn't watch the first trial either. She also said you'd use the route 276/rr1114 where the accident occurred from her house on Mockingbird Lane to Starbucks; as well as leaving her house to leave Brevard for Raleigh.

Google Mockingbird Lane & the only Starbucks in Brevard and see how likely that is. MOO

I believe all 3 reasons, I don't know why Jason would lie about seeing a car accident months before?

Did he know back then, if his computer would show that he did a search for head trauma?

If so, why would he do one on his computer to begin with?

:confused:
Like I said.....I don't believe any of it.

Yup, and he used different shoes to throw off the investigators. :what:

Yes he did, but the warranty for the bat (weapon used) is what did him in. It tied back to him, and he bought it that day. Not the brightest bulb. I think juries like the murder weapon too with a nice trail back to the buyer.

BBM

Not directing this post to you but instead just piggy backing off of your post. I had posted a reply about this earlier then lost it when my internet went to take a nap for a few minutes.

I see posts saying why would this trooper risk his reputation and his military credentials by lying on a report or lying under oath.

I might have missed some posts but from what I have seen (and I've seen a lot of this discussion) I don't see anyone outright accusing or even remotely suggesting that the trooper in any way, shape or form lied.

I see posters suggesting that JY might not have been honest when giving his report to the trooper. I see posters suggesting that since JY was good friends with the sheriff deputy's brother that he might have been a bit quicker to accept at face value JY's story and then passed on that comfort level to the trooper.

I see no one casting mud or besmirching the reputation of either the trooper or the sheriff deputy.

I see many posting that it is their belief that JY would lie and based on testimony from his own friends, he is good at manipulating. So if he can pull off that sort of behavior with people that know him, then he surely can pull it off with people that don't.

That has nothing to do with any of the investigators that took down his report as being anything but honest and truthful with reporting their observations and what they were told.

IMO

High Five :rocker: u nailed it very good post!!

Speaking of Jay's many lies, how about the one about getting the computer charger out of his car so he could review the demo program before his meeting?

11:43pm someone accessing a website for the hampton inn and signing into their internet service.

11:44pm logged into yahoo.com email

scout.com - sports board could get scores. accboards

11:53pm last activity
no work related activity during this time

Hah! Busted! He lies. Good on the prosecutor's for scoping that out.

Lordy bee, I wanted to listen to that? I can't even understand his rambling. Thank goodness it was narrated for me. He certainly does fit in a whole bunch of info. When I call my hubby and I have that much to say I'm like this..."hey hon give me a call when you get a chance" LOL.

ETA..but then again my hubby is alive!

Hah! Busted! He lies. Good on the prosecutor's for scoping that out.

Mr Collins said now it has been 5 years and so what if he got a detail wrong that nobody is saying when MF got the time of the 911 call wrong that she was a liar and u could not believe her. Yep that is true but MF was talking to LE and they had phone records to see that she called 911 like she said she did and they have the recording and IMO how could u compare these two things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle