IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we know if any of the original POI's have continued to meet with LE along with their attorneys? I am guessing not, from Mrs. Spierer's comments all along, but just wondered. It would be so much easier if they would have done so a long time ago and try to get themselves cleared so that LE could move past them. Now, if they are in fact telling the truth, I think it is probably too late to catch whoever took Lauren, even if they eventually find her (if this WAS a stranger abduction.)

Do we know if any of the original POI's have continued to meet with LE along with their attorneys? I am guessing not, from Mrs. Spierer's comments all along, but just wondered. It would be so much easier if they would have done so a long time ago and try to get themselves cleared so that LE could move past them. Now, if they are in fact telling the truth, I think it is probably too late to catch whoever took Lauren, even if they eventually find her (if this WAS a stranger abduction.)

Would think the only time the POI's would be in contact with LE would be if LE requests them to be. My sense is that the attorneys want their clients to have as little contact with LE as possible. Just IMO.

Wouldn't a big cooler be rather heavy? Clumsy to move around... and because it not so common to have, more easily found to be missing, also purchase might be traceable...

Sleeping bag seems more logical and available on the spur-of-the-moment..

Probably, but it might also have wheels. Re: sleeping bags, my kids' friends (teens) bring them over frequently. Sometimes they roll them up to take them home, sometimes they just sling them over a shoulder and traipse out with them. I'd like to think I'd know if a small body was in one, but if it was dark ... IDK.

Probably, but it might also have wheels. Re: sleeping bags, my kids' friends (teens) bring them over frequently. Sometimes they roll them up to take them home, sometimes they just sling them over a shoulder and traipse out with them. I'd like to think I'd know if a small body was in one, but if it was dark ... IDK.

I was totally assuming it had wheels. :D Also, maybe in a college town it might not be such a unique possession. :innocent:

A large cooler with wheels would be a lot easier to move than a sleeping bag IMHO to a vehicle. A large suitcase would be plausible too. I have 2 large suitcases sitting in the floor of my room right now, and my 12 year old cousin, who is very similar in size and stature to LS, can curl up in one, although it it is not comfortable per her (NO need to freak out, she got in it to prove to her 8 year old brother that she could fit in it because he told her she was too big... Kids, gotta love them, they do some crazy things.)

A smaller person can definitely fit in a large party cooler without dismemberment. I could almost wedge myself into one and I am much larger than Lauren (don't ask about the circumstances :innocent: )

The moving is a concern because college students aren't exactly expert packers. I have seen people fill coolers with clothing, tons of books, shoes...I have seen people wrap all sorts of stuff in sleeping bags. Pretty much anything can be a container for something else no matter how inconvenient, bulky, heavy, or silly. No one thinks twice about it when they see college students with a cooler full of books or a sleeping bag full of shoes so would a body really warrant tons of attention if concealed in one?

Re: sleeping bags, my kids' friends (teens) bring them over frequently. Sometimes they roll them up to take them home, sometimes they just sling them over a shoulder and traipse out with them. I'd like to think I'd know if a small body was in one, but if it was dark ... IDK.

Especially after the previous weekend, which was Memorial Day/Indy 500 weekend. A whole lot of camping going on round these parts on that weekend. I was unloading camping gear from that weekend, and it was a muddy mess from huge storms here in Indiana. Sleeping bags/linens/pillows were thrown into many lg trash bags and hauled here and there to be washed.

Having said that, tho, I would think that the dumpsters would be very full, with M.Day/Indy500 parties, students moving in and out during school transition time, and having not been emptied in a week. I doubt that JR would have been able to hide a small adult body in a full dumpster without displacing a lot of garbage, and leaving some kind of evidence somewhere.

It would be more reasonable for me to believe that if he indeed was involved, he would move the body as far as possible, yet with time to return to btown and enjoy a public breakfast w/his guest, making sure to tweet about it.

I agree it is very difficult/painful to imagine a "friend" being able to just discard LS. Which is another reason I feel the visitor was likely involved. He would not have known LS well, or possibly at all. Still disgusting that any person could do that to another, but as we know these things do happen far too frequently.

I don't know what to make of the alleged friend. I've heard about this friend being in Bloomington for breakfast, and I guess that could be used for/against his (her? I really don't know) involvement. But if this friend was close enough to visit JR, it could suggest an allegiance (on either side). So maybe the POI the Spierers are telling to come clean is JR? If I could choose one person to look at closer it would be JR, with the friend being a support person. But in your scenario, it would probably be the other way around, I suspect ...

I don't know what to make of the alleged friend. I've heard about this friend being in Bloomington for breakfast, and I guess that could be used for/against his (her? I really don't know) involvement. But if this friend was close enough to visit JR, it could suggest an allegiance (on either side). So maybe the POI the Spierers are telling to come clean is JR? If I could choose one person to look at closer it would be JR, with the friend being a support person. But in your scenario, it would probably be the other way around, I suspect ...

I'm reposting the below info from jenniek, because it does have some good info about the JR/DB (out-of-town guest?) connection, especially on the second page of blog. The post's title has both of their names, but most of the recent posts deal with them, as well as some sex-crimes in Michigan, the assailant being within a few degrees of separation from JR/DB (but may be COMPLETELY unrelated to any of this.)

Interesting read, anyway, and much less "Just drink the Kool-Aid!" than Chick Justin, IMO, lol.

http://jayrosenbaumneedstotalk.wordpress.com/

this page will tell you his name just scroll down a little

I was totally assuming it had wheels. :D Also, maybe in a college town it might not be such a unique possession. :innocent:

Well, yes, I suppose it would have wheels! My thought is this: It's not something I'd send my college student off with, but these are wealthy kids far from home. They might think they need one. (For a house party, do they still just buy kegs?) IDK, there are so many variables here. I just go back to a POI doing something simple by way of desperation and getting away with it (so far).

Well, yes, I suppose it would have wheels! My thought is this: It's not something I'd send my college student off with, but these are wealthy kids far from home. They might think they need one. (For a house party, do they still just buy kegs?) IDK, there are so many variables here. I just go back to a POI doing something simple by way of desperation and getting away with it (so far).

Yeah...I don't know. I guess I was more picturing tailgating or going out to a lake house or something.

I'm reposting the below info from jenniek, because it does have some good info about the JR/DB (out-of-town guest?) connection, especially on the second page of blog. The post's title has both of their names, but most of the recent posts deal with them, as well as some sex-crimes in Michigan, the assailant being within a few degrees of separation from JR/DB (but may be COMPLETELY unrelated to any of this.)

Interesting read, anyway, and much less "Just drink the Kool-Aid!" than Chick Justin, IMO, lol.

Wow, thank you! The info on JR/DB is interesting. So JR went to IU, DB to UofM ... UofM is quite hard to get into now, I hear. Re: the degrees of separation ... I don't think there's a correlation with the football star thing, either, except ... and I say this gently ... some people can have a sense of entitlement that doesn't always lead to good. (I'd heard about the multiple assaults/rapes in Ann Arbor from MI friends ... people there are justifiably spooked.)

Odor would be a problem with sleeping bag but less so with a cooler.

Most sleeping bags have a zipper that runs down the long side, continuing around the foot area to create a pocket. The zipper would have to be really strong to support the weight of a 90-100 lb body without splitting open if were slung over someone's shoulder Santa Claus-style.

Am I wrong, or didn't CRs lawyer say that he watched his law firm's surveillance video around the time that JR said she would be walking in front of it, and she was never seen?

Can anyone shed some light on that, as I may be wrong, and certainly don't know what that implies. Such as, could she have taken another route? Based on what I remember, it seemed like this lawyer was suggesting that she would have had to have passed in front of his cameras if what JR was stating was true.

Any thoughts/additions/clarifications? Thanks!

And thanks to all for letting me jump into the discussion. A lot of good thoughts here! :)

Am I wrong, or didn't CRs lawyer say that he watched his law firm's surveillance video around the time that JR said she would be walking in front of it, and she was never seen?

Can anyone shed some light on that, as I may be wrong, and certainly don't know what that implies. Such as, could she have taken another route? Based on what I remember, it seemed like this lawyer was suggesting that she would have had to have passed in front of his cameras if what JR was stating was true.

Any thoughts/additions/clarifications? Thanks!

And thanks to all for letting me jump into the discussion. A lot of good thoughts here! :)

I don't recall him saying that or us discussing that. It doesn't seem like something a lawyer should say before LE has looked at the evidence. It's reported that Salzmann turned in his video to LE. We discussed doubt that his camera has the range to pick her up on the west side of College; it's most likely directed toward the parking lot in front of his office.

Wow, thank you! The info on JR/DB is interesting. So JR went to IU, DB to UofM ... UofM is quite hard to get into now, I hear. Re: the degrees of separation ... I don't think there's a correlation with the football star thing, either, except ... and I say this gently ... some people can have a sense of entitlement that doesn't always lead to good. (I'd heard about the multiple assaults/rapes in Ann Arbor from MI friends ... people there are justifiably spooked.)

JR and DB were at Cranbrook together too. And both in AEPi. Coinkydinks or binds that tie?

Like I said yesterday, There's proof enough that CR lied about the amnesia... Why would you submit to DNA testing unless you we're absolutely positive no sexual activity went down.. I mean anyone with half a brain would not submit DNA. He must have remembered something!

I have read a few comments on LS: case discussion FB page and heard one rumor. There is a sense that negotiations with the prosecutor may be occurring and negotiations with lawyers to make it easier for the boys come forward. While that FB page is highly dysfunctional imo, the people connected to these comments are not. This shouldn't come as a surprise. But other than that, there is next to nothing to go on. Nobody knows anything. This case is like hermetically sealed!

There is absolutely no body to match that DNA to, so what exactly someone submitting DNA be worried about at this point? By now even if they do find a body, forensic evidence probably degraded to the point that nothing might be left.

Every day I wake up thinking this is the day. At this point, I really fear that this case is going to go cold (if it hasn't already).

As far as things going missing (per the sleeping bag or a suitcase). I have kids that age. It's just not an issue for kids that age to "lose" a sleeping bag, or announce that it was too yucky after X event, or announce that they'd thrown out a suitcase because the zipper broke. And I'm middle-middle class, not wealthy. So I'm NOT happy when that happens. But I "choose my battles", sometimes *advertiser censored* happens, and a sleeping bag or a suitcase disappears.

I think either they put Lauren in the dumpster, or somebody (the guest, DB) hightailed it out of town. I don't tweet but DH does and apparently you can tweet anything you want. For all we know, the tweet about the sandwich at the Runcible Spoon was made from China, or Michigan, or Bloomington. My guess is that is was NOT made from Bloomington, I have always felt it was a coded message for somebody else. Others have pointed out that if DB was kosher and he had met this hot chick who disappeared that night, he would have mentioned it. Also, that he was apparently not in the habit of tweeting about his meals (I remember reading that but I don't remember where.)

Last thing, I know chickjustin has both friends and foes, but she insists that DR was with them as well, up till 3am. Has anybody looked into that info?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288