2011.07.07 Sentencing Hearing Thread #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

beach

Verified Expert
Reaction score
Hi guys! :heartluv: :grouphug: :heartbeat:

This is really important. Listen up. Please.

I GET IT. Really, I do. Many of us are devastated. Disappointed. Crushed. Disillusioned. Confused. Sad. And, not the least of which....ANGRY.

Obviously the mods have allowed HUGE stretches of leeway and allowed everyone to VENT. 2 days of "spill your guts time", with practical immunity from moderation. We've been here together for 3 years and, for so many of us, this verdict hurt like hell. There is no other way to put it. So, please know that we "get it".

That said, I got on here last night and cried when I saw what was happening in many of the threads. I didn't recognize this forum. Fighting between posters, unfounded accusations against some of the players - witnesses, attorneys and even the Judge Perry... This forum was littered with rumors and a pure mean spirit was hanging over it. It broke my heart. :cry:

WE ARE NOT GOING TO ALLOW THAT VERDICT TO TRASH THIS FORUM. You guys don't want that either. It is just not worth it. It just isn't. We all need to calm down. We need to think about what we are saying, how we are saying it. If you're feeling too upset, step away from the keyboard for a few minutes. The forum will still be here when you get back and you will probably be in a better mindset to be posting.

Here is the deal -
This is NOT a courtroom where someone gets to spin their latest wild-haired theory of the minute and accuse presumably innocent people of nefarious things WITHOUT ANY FACTS TO BACK IT UP. So, the next time I see some random accusations like I saw last night (ex. Judge Perry accepting bribes and Jeff Ashton being paid for his MSM interviews, among many, many others) you need to have a link to back up that keyboard or you will find yourself on a Time Out. This included the defense's theory about George Anthony. There is NO EVIDENCE that that man ever molested Casey other than defense team's wild accusations. We WILL NOT participate in continuing to crucify that man without EVIDENCE. What Casey Anthony, the proven pathological liar, says is NOT EVIDENCE. What rolls off of Jose Baez's tongue is NOT EVIDENCE. We have NEVER allowed rumors in this forum and we are not beginning now. Not happening.

One of the most disappointing things I saw was the fighting and personal insults hurled in anger at fellow posters. This is NOT the WWE (Worldwide Wrestling Entertainment) site and we will not permit any in-fighting between posters. I understand emotion makes us do crazy, out-of-character things at times, but this one is a deal breaker. Zero tolerance. If you've participated in this, stop now. Cut it out. Websleuthers are far above that kind of behavior. Come back home. You guys know how to behave. :)

Okay, this day is not going to be easy. Just remember the PURPOSE we have all been here for years now - CAYLEE. Today is about Casey and no matter what happens on the lying to LE charges today, it is all water under the bridge. Nothing that happens today is going to make up for what happened to little Caylee. It is easy to lose perspective when emotions are spiking - try not to.

Thank you all for all your dedication to Caylee over the past 3 years. I like to believe she could hear us fighting for her. :grouphug:

OK the sentencing thread has gone sideways. Continue here. But heed our warnings.

This is the sentencing thread. The last one was all over the place. Discuss sentencing here. Find the appropriate thread for all other discussion.

Thanks.

Any one know if we will get to see the math sheet on how they figured ICA's sentance...That she gets out so Soon??

Okay, the lightning strike is simply awesome! What a trip! :thud:

CaleRamaker Cale Ramaker
God honest truth: the tree next to where Caylee Anthony's remains were found was just struck by lightning, per Sheriffs Office.

http://twitter.com/#!/CaleRamaker

Just God sending a message.....chills

Little to say about the sentencing guess because there was so little. But my bp is much better today. Thanks Mods for keeping me in check.

Okay, the lightning strike is simply awesome! What a trip! :thud:

CaleRamaker Cale Ramaker
God honest truth: the tree next to where Caylee Anthony's remains were found was just struck by lightning, per Sheriffs Office.

http://twitter.com/#!/CaleRamaker

I'm speechless and got shivers when I read that. I won't post what I believe it means but someone from up above is sending down a message. :heartbeat:

Judge Perry was wise to give Casey the maximum sentence on each count. Also good that she could not be released today so there can be a cooling off period in the community.

Did anyone get any pics or screen shots of LDB this morning? I wasn't able to watch this morning until it was over. I wanted to get one last look at her. Thanks.

I'm speechless and got shivers when I read that. I won't post what I believe it means but someone from up above is sending down a message. :heartbeat:

Chicken Skin I tell you!

To clarify my remarks on air today; while I personally believe that Casey loved her daughter and I do not buy into the premeditation argument, I nonetheless believe it was most likely her negligence that resulted in her child's death and her post-death conduct was reprehensible to say the least.

The point I was trying to make with that as a premise, is that even though Casey was acquitted, the public would never want to hear her story. But, I could see her trying to sell "Caylee's Story," since legally, she would be the only one who could, and as revisionist as it would be, the public would buy that.

Also, my thoughts were very jumbled today, as I was livid that the sentencing was so obviously staged and had been worked out in advance. If Judge P really wanted to give her the "worst" sentence, he could have denied her credit for the 400+ days she was in on the check fraud charges. That would have put her in jail until next year.

But I think politics played into his thinking and since the general public would never know if a stink was not raised about it, he probably told the attorneys in advance his plans so he can get Casey out of jail and out of Orange County's hair.

Lynch mob - a mob that kills a person for some presumed offense without legal authority
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/lynch+mob

Lynch mob - (plural lynch mobs) group of killers: a group of people who capture and hang somebody without legal arrest and trial
http://encarta.msn.com/dictionary_1861738853/lynch_mob.html

This is a common accusation made against individuals who exercise their first amendment right to free speech in order to silence them. Those who are personally uncomfortable about publicly speaking out against an injustice or offense typically hurl this accusation at those individuals who not only take time out of their lives, but have the courage to speak up and out.

Just because you disagree with their view does not mean you have the right to casually refer to these people as a group of killers! I find THIS more offensive than anything else I've read here lately.

As soon as I saw the DT talking to KC this am, I knew they already knew what the sentence was and my faith in the court was destroyed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong