Skyla Whitaker, 11, & Taylor Placker 13 - Found Murdered - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both girls were shot with both guns. What does that signify?

That the killers contempt for them was equal. :waitasec: It wasn't a case of just one being the target and the other was there at the wrong time?

Also, with people saying it had to be two shooters because of two guns, I think back on cases like the VT shooting and other's, that was just one killer who shot multiple times with multiple weapons at the same victims.

The grandmother seemed to think they were killed first and then the guns were unloaded into them while laying down. Overkill. It is extremely violent.

The placement of the shots were deliberate and not done hastily, imo. Left arm, right shoulder, legs, under the chin, and in the chest. Skyla was a tiny girl. They had to either be quite close to her or a really good shot from a distance to hit her little legs and arms.

to me it indicates "equality" between the two...like, hey I shot her, now you shoot you, type of thing...to show they were in it together, all the way. Pat Brown, profiler, said last night that LE should be looking for 2 guys who are very tight, do everything together. ..not in the normal "buddy" type way.

do we know if both girls shot in exactly the same places on their bodies...just with alternate weapons.

I'm thinking along the lines of what Garnan posted. An immature loser who might have had a prior incident involving the girls.

But this probably means only one person and that could work.

If both girls were hit with scattered gunshots from a smaller caliber weapon and then both had one or two finishing shots from a larger caliber weapon then that could have been one person using a fully automatic weapon. He sprays them with the automatic and that would immediately knock both girls down and then he uses the larger caliber weapon for the finishing shots. The larger caliber weapon would be the one that didn't discharge any casings.

Although it still could be two people, one using the automatic and the other waiting for his turn.

I'm no gun expert but I would think the casings should tell them what type of gun, maybe not.

It's unimaginable that there is even one person out there capable of something like this, but two of them? I just can't believe something like this is possible. Gosh, I wish they'd make an arrest. I hope the perp dies a horrible death in jail.

The placement of the shots were deliberate and not done hastily, imo.

FWIW, I disagree. Arm, collarbone, chest, legs. That's a pretty poor grouping. Sounds like fast shooting, although with the number of hits the shooter seems to have a good level of skill.

All that however, is my own opinion only.

I think one guy was driving and the other pointed a gun at them while they pulled up alongside the girls. That way he was controlling them right from the start.

The grandmother seemed to think they were killed first and then the guns were unloaded into them while laying down. Overkill. It is extremely violent.

The placement of the shots were deliberate and not done hastily, imo. Left arm, right shoulder, legs, under the chin, and in the chest. Skyla was a tiny girl. They had to either be quite close to her or a really good shot from a distance to hit her little legs and arms.

I think a deliberate placement of shots would have taken too long and you'd find the vics further apart from each other. I'm really feeling a semi automatic was involved here. It happened so quick that the girls had no time to react.

Is it possible that one gunman could hold a gun in each hand and shoot the initial scattered shots at both girls? :(
It is possible, but I believe the witness has already clued them into the multiple shooter theory...they just aren't releasing it. Reading between the lines, the witness has been able to give them descriptions.

LE has not said anything about the girls' wounds other than the chest and head. The information from the grandmother is firsthand, but only about Skyla. I have no reason to doubt what she says she saw.

I thought they had both shell casings from both weapons? Did I miss something?

I think a deliberate placement of shots would have taken too long and you'd find the vics further apart from each other. I'm really feeling a semi automatic was involved here. It happened so quick that the girls had no time to react.
Not if they were right up on them and standing over them shooting after the shots to the head. The blood spatter and trajectory should easily tell the story. Which shots were standing and which laying down. They will also be able to tell which was the fatal shot and if it was first or last.

Is it possible that one gunman could hold a gun in each hand and shoot the initial scattered shots at both girls? :(

Yes, but not likely.

When a pistol is fired, the muzzle kicks up and to the side. When I shot, it would kick up and to the right. When you take subsequent shots, you have to re-adjust the muzzle back to your target. If you fire a semi-auto, as fast as you can pull the trigger, accuracy is pretty much nil.

Doing this simultaneously, with two pistols, is incredibly difficult.

Now the shooter could have held two guns and fired one after the other, alternating.

However, the LE statements implied that footprints and other evidence supported multiple shooters.

Does that help?

I don't know much but it feels like two teenage guys to me...the target practice thing seems almost immature...unnecessary either for fun or just to see what happens...

Yes, that helps a lot, Xcom. Thanks also, SS. :blowkiss:

I don't know much but it feels like two teenage guys to me...the target practice thing seems almost immature...unnecessary either for fun or just to see what happens...

That's what I get too. Stupid violence. Videogame violence.

Not if they were right up on them and standing over them shooting after the shots to the head.

I'm going off of What Jessica Brown from OSBI told Nancy Grace. They went back yesterday to see if someone could have hidden in the brush and that they have a good idea what the trajectory is and whether the Perps were in a vehicle and which way they were traveling (if they were in a vehicle).

IMO, OSBI is looking for a place to do a distance shot. That doesn't mean however, that the perps didn't turn around to get out of their vehicle or emerge from a hiding spot to do an insurance shot.

IMO, the girls were dropped with a semi or fully automatic weapon then possibly finished off with an insurance shot to the head. The below quote and the fact the girls were only five feet apart makes me think this.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0806/12/ng.01.html

JESSICA BROWN: We believe they were shot there at the scene, not shot elsewhere and taken there. We don`t believe they had time to run away, to move, to get out of the way of these bullets.

Semi-automatic and fully automatic from Wiki:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Semi-automatic_firearm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members