2010.11.30 - Discussion of Documents, re: Rape Allegations, TSY and LJY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which is exactly why I don't understand why HPD has not came out officially and squashed this? If I were one of these gentlemen, I would be demanding that HPD make a statement on my behalf. I just keep asking myself that question over and over. Why will HPD not come out officially and squash this?

It was used in the probable cause warrant that was the basis for some of the searches. They cannot go on record saying they requested it based on unsubstantiated rumors. It is a trickle down effect if defense successfully challenged it and got it thrown out. All evidence seized based on a bad search warrant and any evidence found leading from that evidence could be thrown out.

And as I said before the allegations were made against powerless, moneyless, druggies with criminal records. No one has to apologize to them.

Here is what the australian newspapers have:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/se...baker-dumped-leg/story-e6frf7jo-1225963932604

I was absolutely shocked when I read this. Most of us did not see this coming....However I am a bit suspicious about it.

I also want to know why is AB not in jail if EB keeps naming him as being part of all of this....and how in the heck is his mother beleiving him?

This article was probably the most graphic I've read in this case. Today is the first I've heard about a possible sexual assault on Zahra and I guess I'm just wondering if there would be any way to confirm an assault now?

Their names should never have been released if they had already been cleared and this considered an unreliable source. Freedom of information provides protection for innocent parties in special circumstances. Minor's names aren't released. Victims of sexual crimes are not released. The source wasn't identified.

This is an emotional case down there. A lot of people are attached to this little girl. What if someone had harmed one of these two before they got around to saying they didn't take it seriously.

If the names couldn't have been blocked there should have been an announcement prior to the press release. LE could have made a statement right before the release time.

I know these two are not stellar members of the community but I DETEST seeing things like this happen to poor and uneducated members of society because they don't have the money to prevent it or the money to be a huge pain and not worth the hassle.

Change the demographics of this case, like the Cummings case, and the peripheral characters would be handled differently.

I don't know very much about how Hickory handles LE matters anymore as it has been years since I lived in the mountains of NC. I have found many over zealous investigators before, such as the ones in Wilmington, which is why many will not come forward in the Allison Jackson Foy case. I do not live in Wilmington, but very close in an adjoining county, and have kept up with the coverage of that case. Wilmington is a crime laden city only 3rd to Charlotte and Greensboro.

Didn't mean to be OT. I was simply comparing the 2 as I think over zealousness played into what was done concerning the matter.

It was used in the probable cause warrant that was the basis for some of the searches. They cannot go on record saying they requested it based on unsubstantiated rumors. It is a trickle down effect if defense successfully challenged it and got it thrown out. All evidence seized based on a bad search warrant and any evidence found leading from that evidence could be thrown out.

And as I said before the allegations were made against powerless, moneyless, druggies with criminal records. No one has to apologize to them.

But they did not take anything with that warrant.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/se...baker-dumped-leg/story-e6frf7jo-1225963932604

I was absolutely shocked when I read this. Most of us did not see this coming....However I am a bit suspicious about it.

I also want to know why is AB not in jail if EB keeps naming him as being part of all of this....and how in the heck is his mother beleiving him?

Either LE is building a solid case or they know much more than we do about ABs involvement.
It may also be as simple as the Grand Jury meets next week and they are waiting for an indictment.

As far as his mother believing him- she believes because right now she has to-denial is real and serves a purpose- I will not judge a mother and grandmother who is dealing with such an enormous loss. Even if she never stops standing by her son she will never stop the pain and she will never stop thinking what "if" and most of all she will never stop missing Zahra.
"There, but for the grace of God"

Hubby just had to listen to me rant like a lunatic about how we should all be screaming about this because the more it happens the more acceptable it will become and the lower the standard will become. And fourth hand info from an unreliable but unnamed source is pretty low to begin with. I don't know who to write to or who to rant to.

I go berzerk over stuff like this too, Redhead. I can't help but think of the Robinhood Hills Murders whenever I see something like this. 3 teenagers have spent half their lives in jail, one of them on death row, and the entire case was won on the (quite possibly coerced) confession of one of the teenagers who is borderline mentally handicapped , and a bunch of he said/she said from locals. Not one shred of physical evidence against any of these teenagers, and yet their entire adult lives have been spent behind bars. That case was a HUGE wakeup call for me.

Their names should never have been released if they had already been cleared and this considered an unreliable source. Freedom of information provides protection for innocent parties in special circumstances. Minor's names aren't released. Victims of sexual crimes are not released. The source wasn't identified.

This is an emotional case down there. A lot of people are attached to this little girl. What if someone had harmed one of these two before they got around to saying they didn't take it seriously.

If the names couldn't have been blocked there should have been an announcement prior to the press release. LE could have made a statement right before the release time.

I know these two are not stellar members of the community but I DETEST seeing things like this happen to poor and uneducated members of society because they don't have the money to prevent it or the money to be a huge pain and not worth the hassle.

Change the demographics of this case, like the Cummings case, and the peripheral characters would be handled differently.

I agree, it has put those named in danger. This has been such an emotional case. And aside from this, IF the allegations are untrue and unsubstantiated, the release of this information has caused extreme unimaginable distress for all involved, ESPECIALLY ED. I can't even imagine how she is feeling. It's torn me apart and I only 'know' of Zahra from the news. This case was already beyond heartbreaking before these documents were released. :( However, if there IS even the slightest chance of the allegations being true, I truly hope that everything possible has been done to prove/disprove it.

:waitasec::waitasec: Do we have evidence that any of the above are true of the alleged accused? I'm sorry but even if they are poor, use drugs, and have some degree of criminal records, I have a hard time thinking it would be acceptable to discredit them to the point of accusing them of the brutal gang rape of a child (if it turns out to be untrue).

O/T I know and please don't laugh at me TOO hard (lol!) but- I have been posting on true crime boards for YEARS and STILL I don't exactly know what the terms "Bump" or "Bumping" really mean-- care to enlighten me?? I would be ever so grateful-- TIA!!:innocent:

People should be terrified of this type of thing.
Just think about it, in this case people in the community have gone to the home and verbally attacked AB and anyone that was with him, they have vandalized the home if they were to actually physically harm one of these men who would be held accountable?

The harm is no less for the homeless guy downtown than it would be for the bank president. And innocent forever branded guilty based on nothing more than a whisper is unacceptable.

I don't exactly know what the terms "Bump" or "Bumping" really mean
it just means making a post only to move the thread to the top of the page, and to keep it active.

:waitasec::waitasec: Do we have evidence that any of the above are true of the alleged accused? I'm sorry but even if they are poor, use drugs, and have some degree of criminal records, I have a hard time thinking it would be acceptable to discredit them to the point of accusing them of the brutal gang rape of a child (if it turns out to be untrue).

Wow. I agree 100% with this. Just because someone isn't a model citizen doesn't mean they deserve to be nationally accused of a horrible crime (well, any crime) like rape. Everyone should have the same rights. Thinking other wise is extremely discriminatory, IMHO.

O/T I know and please don't laugh at me TOO hard (lol!) but- I have been posting on true crime boards for YEARS and STILL I don't exactly know what the terms "Bump" or "Bumping" really mean-- care to enlighten me?? I would be ever so grateful-- TIA!!:innocent:

"Bumping" or to "bump" a thread is to post merely to push the thread back up to the top of the forum so people will notice it.

Forum lingo, I knowz it.

I'm just that cool. :cool:

So...it's not a warning to slow down because there are speed bumps up ahead? Good to know. ;)

ETA: Don't whip out the Batman smack...I'm going to bed.

I am wondering if the affiant had just suspected this to have gone on. It is not uncommon for someone to suspect something and then hear a rumor and turn it in. Once they heard the rumor and actual names to these rumors they felt they should let LE know this and thought they might investigate further with others surrounded by EB. JMO.

I know early on in this case on various forums things had been said yet not verified, that I am now seeing in these warrants. It makes me wonder how some of these people knew this information early on. Just saying.

I know at least one of the warrants that haven't been released yet has to do with her banking. I can not remember what the other one is, it may be because it wasn't said, or my brain is turning to mush. The latter seems to be most likely for me with this case.

So right now all we have is a 'source' saying the rape at the other house is unsubstantiated? I'm not sure I'd roll with that either as fact.

On the other hand, if a person made up this story with the detail of blood on her privates/legs - that person seriously has big creepy issues and needs to be looked at.

I think they gave them the heads up-otherwise LJY wouldnt have been able to line up that interview with video imo.

What a mess.

I'm thinking LE might be trying to flush someone else out by using this............but whadda I know?

Consider the source of information. A manipulative, child abusing psychopath, whose own knowledge of a child's dismembered body and method of disposal lead to the remains. Every shred of evidence in this case, that we're aware of, points to her alone.

We have weird 911 calls, that's about it.

Perhaps when they process all of the evidence they will have something concrete linking him to murder, maybe conspiracy, maybe concealing a crime.

What would be truly awful, if he actually is innocent. ( I doubt it, but it is possible)

As for his mother, what mother could believe her son capable of such horrors>?

So right now all we have is a 'source' saying the rape at the other house is unsubstantiated? I'm not sure I'd roll with that either as fact.

On the other hand, if a person made up this story with the detail of blood on her privates/legs - that person seriously has big creepy issues and needs to be looked at.

ITA...

Of course if this happened it would be denied by the alleged perp or they risk self incrimination and an arrest! Who's to say this didn't come out of EB's mouth (although she should be referred to as EF since her marriage to AB is null and void due to the alleged bigamy)...and that is went sent her over the edge. One article claims EF had a relationship with one of those guys. I can't discount this either...JMHO

Zahra's remains can't produce the evidence, it's all too convenient, IMO...Can you see someone when confronted with this allegation saying, Oh yeah, we did sexually assault Zahra but she was alive when we left! GMAB...JMHO

Justice for Zahra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member