Josh Powell Burial

25 feet from the boys but looking above the boys? Not appropriate at all. That takes a twisted logic in my book. He's not a martyr, JP could have provided more but he didn't to anyone except maybe his family, he's murdered 2 of his children and not proven yet, Susan their mom. Big wake up, if you kill your children, it's not acceptable. It's murder 1. The family should have never tried this action unless they planned a fight over the outrage, honestly. How sad and hopefully some logic will apply to the Powell family, somehow.

Josh murdered his boys. Fact.

I just have to say God Bless them for buying the plots next to the boys! Amazing that strangers care more than the man that should have loved them the most!

I didn't know about this untill tonighit after seeing anne bremner on JVM .What a Joke How dissrespectfull can one family be to another and no matter what the circumstance they still think he was a good father It's unbelievable almost well untill you actually sit down and listen to the sicko Spowell It's disgusting what these people are trying to do . Does this wanting him buried with the children also include the sister JP's sister I was of the impression she wanted nothing to do with any of them I hope thats still the case.

For heaven's sake, can't the cemetery decline to sell the plot to the Powells?? Or did they already own a plot, or plots, near the Coxes? So confused.

God bless Crimestoppers and Ed Troyer and Paul Pastor - but they certainly can't buy all the surrounding plots. This is HORRIBLE, especially since the proposed JP grave is overlooking the boys.

May Anne Bremner be successful in blocking this travesty.

Didn't really know where to post this. I don't think I was the only one wondering if LE positively identified JP's body, and it looks like they did. Thank God.

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/53520152-78/powell-josh-steve-county.html.csp?page=2

A portion of the $6,500 Josh Powell withdrew from his bank account the day prior to the murder when to his Jeffrey Bassett via an electronic payment, Wood said. He transferred the rest to a bank account belonging to his sister, Alina Powell, and instructed her to pay bills with it.

Wood said dental records have positively identified Josh and Charlie Powell’s remains. There are no dental records for Braden, Wood said, but detectives were able to recognize his remains at the scene.

What is "Jeffrey Bassett"?? Thanks

Josh murdered both Charlie & Braden due to his selfish reason he couldn't live without them, well...That's about his feelings and not the two young boys, his sons might be adapting pretty well, he hacked them with an axe to try to kill before the fire. Murderers shouldn't be allowed to be placed by their victims. .

I haven't been here as much but has this been declared a murder/suicide offically yet? tia

Ok. This was my absolute breaking point.

I will pray that these 2 boys can rest in peace and the Cox family can visit them without additional reminders.

I hope the courts put this issue to rest once and for all as we all need closure.

I haven't been here as much but has this been declared a murder/suicide offically yet? tia

Yes. Not only did he intentionally set the fire, according to police, but also chopped the boys in their necks with a hatchet first.

I hope many others buy plots all around the boys. They can be sold at any time to others and one can be selective who they sell it to.

<modsnip>

Did the cemetery not tell the sheriff when They plots next to boys that powell was being buried above the boys?????

Did the cemetery not tell the sheriff when They plots next to boys that powell was being buried above the boys?????

I surely hope he hasn't been buried yet. It's only been 2 days so far since the release of his body? Gah..

Where I grew up, the way I grew up, suicides could not be buried in the cemetary-they weren't allowed to be buried in hallowed ground.

I hope many others buy plots all around the boys. They can be sold at any time to others and one can be selective who they sell it to.

<modsnip>

I think the point is that, as a municipal cemetery that does not already have any rules for exclusion, they *can't* be selective in sales. They have to sell to anyone who can buy a plot.

I imagine it will have to be settled in court. I'm guessing a court would probably say that JP may be buried in the same cemetery but not within sight of the boys' grave.

I think the Crimestoppers solution was inspired.

Where I grew up, the way I grew up, suicides could not be buried in the cemetary-they weren't allowed to be buried in hallowed ground.

As a municipal entity, I don't think the cemetery is allowed to observe the tenets of any particular religion.

What a crazy twist to this tragedy. Why on earth would the Powell family even honor this outlandish request. <modsnip>.
And I bet, this cemetery will get some strange questions on future sales of lots. Like we want no lot close to this murderer.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mintexas
Back