The Ring/Jewelry

BeanE

Inactive
Reaction score
Website
casesignal.wordpress.com
And there's the money we've been looking for.

Thank you so much, kissdegirl.

I just really want to talk about it, so I can't wait for a link...ugh. I've been having a rough night thinking about him tonight, so this was welcome out of the silence.... :)

I love getting any update but especially love when it fits. This is from a post I left a couple of weeks ago. Forgive me for just copying it in, I couldn't figure out how to link it in.

QUOTE=chell;4790075]I think some kind of illegal placement occurred and I believe Elizabeth's laptop held many clues--that is, until she detstroyed it. EJ is smart and likely would have known to do this but even if she didn't, an illegal adoption/ trafficking outfit, which I feel certain it is, probably has a strict checklist and advisers telling her exactly what to do to avoid detection, hers and especially theirs. IMO TSs computer also held many clues. It is even possible in my opinion that the illegal adoption communications were handled only on a separate computer which was dedicated solely for this and could easily be moved, hidden or destroyed if it became necessary. By the time LE looked at the Ss or JMs computers anything that could link them could have been moved off-site and hidden. Remeber how anxious TS said she was to have them look at her communication devices? She said "i invite them" but she had a chance to get ready first and was well aware (for almost a month) that a raid, of sorts, would be coming.. IMO, they are not novices... to have an operation like this and get away with it for so long even when some of your operation locations are known (hotel, Six Flags) means you've been doing a great job at covering all your bases.

As for the money, I remember reading that EJ was frantic about having her grandfather come to the jail to pick up $300 and some jewelry (if it has alot of worth, maybe even that was part of the payment). I also know LE felt that the cash she had on her when she was found did not match what she is said to have sold. The money is hidden somewhere and all involved parties are being quiet to protect themselves only. I personally believe that EJ was paid something to cover all of her expenses and probably was to receive a large payment once the deal was completed. If there's a way to follow the money (looking at JS and JM) it could at least be known if they've done this sort of stuff before.

Anyone know if the hostel is known as being a stopping place for girls who have participated in an underground adoption? If so, it might be possible to see if there's a history for payment out-of-the-country.[/quote]

One more thing which I really hope is being done is watching the Ss, CC and JM like a hawk. It would be interesting to Know if they start shifting around in their skin andoffering explanations once they learn of this newest detail. If LE is getting closer, their collars are definitely going to feel tighter. I desparately hope all their communications are being monitored!

Jewelry of that value was most likely insured. Maybe there's away to check with jewelers in case it's new and insurance companies in case it's listed on a coverage plan.

As for the money, I remember reading that EJ was frantic about having her grandfather come to the jail to pick up $300 and some jewelry (if it has alot of worth, maybe even that was part of the payment).

I can't confirm this, but there has been recently on KPO that EJ was in possession of a 20,000 dollar ring, Which according to the whisperings that i've been hearing, Jewlery is often given to the girls instead of money so that they can pawn it later...

Easy to transport, it's small, basically it does make sense.

I'm sorry i have no links, or am able to confirm this yet, i'll do some digging around & see if i can come up with a link.

< Dang Australia, & no access to KPO, i should get cable >

Here's the ring story. No video yet, just the article so far:

Landfill Search For Baby Gabriel Begins Second Phase
But More Evidence Points To Gabriel Alive
KPHO.com
POSTED: 11:05 pm MST February 17, 2010
UPDATED: 11:26 pm MST February 17, 2010

"I'm not really worried about it that much because I don't think Gabriel is there at all," said Logan McQueary, Gabriel's father.

snip

He says he discovered several reasons to believe Elizabeth Johnson went to Texas to sell Gabriel, not kill him.

"It's looking like Elizabeth handed him off to somebody, and I don't think Elizabeth did what she said. I think she just said that to hurt me," said McQueary.

McQueary pointed to new evidence that Elizabeth was arrested with a ruby and diamond ring in her pocket worth approximately $20,000. He lived with her for two years, but he had never seen it before.

"Sometimes when they give the baby away for adoption, they hand over a piece of jewelry to the mother or someone who is handing over the baby as a payment instead of money," said McQueary.

snip

"I'm gonna keep searching, until they prove me wrong. Gabriel is still out there. He got handed off to somebody and we're gonna find him," said McQueary.

http://www.kpho.com/news/22597349/detail.html

Awesome! I couldn't sleep before I saw the report, thanks BeanE!

Here's the old KPHO story about Eliz's grandfather picking up the $300 and the ring:

Elizabeth Johnson Calls Grandfather
POSTED: 7:53 pm MST January 16, 2010
UPDATED: 10:14 am MST January 17, 2010

Elizabeth Johnson called her grandfather, Bob Johnson. It was the first time they've spoke in nearly a week.

The two only spoke for a couple of minutes, talking about items she wanted him to pick up from jail. Johnson asked her grandfather to pick up the $300 she had when she was arrested in Florida, as well as an expensive ring she said she was wearing.

http://www.kpho.com/news/22256806/detail.html

TayJay mentions EJ selling jewelry on NG:

Aired January 13, 2010

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1001/13/ng.01.html

SMITH: I asked her that. She told me that when she left she had $2,000. She sold jewelry, her laptop computer, her dogs. She got $400 for rent and she got a check. I asked her if these people even -- I said, well, did the people even give you money to compensate for the trip that you had to make? And she said no.

Commoditizing children would have the unintended consequence of increasing kidnapping and child-snatching. These things are already happening. In many developing countries, a woman has a far more valuable asset in her baby carriage than in her handbag. For a payment of $20,000 (half of which they keep for themselves), many underground adoption agents in the U.S., including some lawyers, will arrange for an American to adopt a child from a developing country.

I was attempting to do some digging & came across that paragraph, ironic in thats the estimated worth of the ring.

I'm not sure if this is the right thread to say this in or not, but i'm starting to wonder, IF Gabriel had been sold, than this would of been the first handler < when she got the ring > Could it be possible at all, that Gabriel was then sold again or passed onto another group , in preparation to be sold to another family?

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1058/is_19_116/ai_55127695/pg_3/?tag=content;col1 -- Most of this article is jibberish but have to cite it anyway.

That one paragraph just struck a chord is all

One more thing which I really hope is being done is watching the Ss, CC and JM like a hawk. It would be interesting to Know if they start shifting around in their skin andoffering explanations once they learn of this newest detail. If LE is getting closer, their collars are definitely going to feel tighter. I desparately hope all their communications are being monitored!

Jewelry of that value was most likely insured. Maybe there's away to check with jewelers in case it's new and insurance companies in case it's listed on a coverage plan.

I agree that jewelry of that value would most likely be insured or appraised. Can anyone tell me how LE might reach out to insurance companies or jewelers with this information? It seems like it would be a huge undertaking, since they do not know an area to concentrate on. Is it possible a ring like that would have some unique identifying markers? I'm not that familiar with $20,000 jewelry pieces!

I wonder what the suspected broker would have made then, since EJ's payment was a ring. I wouldn't doubt it was another $10,000. IMO.

So why was she so desperate for her grandfather to take the ring? And what has he done with it? He's been quiet...not that I suspect him of anything, just noticing is all. I wonder if EJ knew that LE knew how much it was worth? If she thought they had no idea, then I could see her getting her grandfather to take it away...and it may even be that there is an identifying mark on it.

I wonder what the suspected broker would have made then, since EJ's payment was a ring. I wouldn't doubt it was another $10,000. IMO.

So why was she so desperate for her grandfather to take the ring? And what has he done with it? He's been quiet...not that I suspect him of anything, just noticing is all. I wonder if EJ knew that LE knew how much it was worth? If she thought they had no idea, then I could see her getting her grandfather to take it away...and it may even be that there is an identifying mark on it.

BBM. What leads you to believe that LE knew how much it was worth?

Wow! Now thats a bombshell !!!!!!! Hmmmmmm, wonder how they found out it was worth 20k?? I hope the police have it as potential evidence! Most of all, I hope Gabe is safe!!!!

Who's to say the ring is the only payment? Or that the ring she wanted her grandfather to pick up was the payment ring? Somewhere I read that the grandfather had said the ring was supposedly fromEJ's grandmother. I don't know if he said which side of the family.

Let's just hope that if they are able to make a connection to the ring, we don't find out that it was stolen.

Who's to say the ring is the only payment? Or that the ring she wanted her grandfather to pick up was the payment ring? Somewhere I read that the grandfather had said the ring was supposedly fromEJ's grandmother. I don't know if he said which side of the family.

Let's just hope that if they are able to make a connection to the ring, we don't find out that it was stolen.

If the ring EJ wanted her grandfather to pick up was a ring from a grandmother, I think it logically follows that it is not the same as the ring LM refers to in this article.

Snipped

McQueary pointed to new evidence that Johnson was arrested with a ruby and diamond ring worth approximately $20,000 in her pocket. He lived with her for two years, but he had never seen it before.

http://www.kpho.com/news/22597349/detail.html

I haven't seen anything about EJ's GF saying that about the jewelry EJ wanted him to pick up. But if EJ was given a ring as payment, I could understand her urgently wanting her GF to pick it up, both so it was safe and so that LE didn't have it to look into.

I do believe if EJ had a ring worth that kind of money previously, LM would have known about it.

You're right. We haven't seen anything that says the ring was payment for anything. It's suspicious, but it could have been a gift that Logan didn't know about. It could have been from a family member. She could have stolen it.

Do you have a link for the information that the ring came from EJ's grandmother? I've been searching for jewelry and ring references, and haven't seen that. If her grandfather said that, it's important information.

You're right. We haven't seen anything that says the ring was payment for anything. It's suspicious, but it could have been a gift that Logan didn't know about. It could have been from a family member. She could have stolen it.

Do you have a link for the information that the ring came from EJ's grandmother? I've been searching for jewelry and ring references, and haven't seen that. If her grandfather said that, it's important information.

I posted a question in the questions for the family thread regarding this new information on the ring EJ was arrested with. You raise good questions in this post.

I have not seen anything about EJ's GF talking about the ring either, but it seems very important to rule out other origins of the ring as best we can.

BBM. What leads you to believe that LE knew how much it was worth?

I guess I'm assuming that it was the ring that EJ had her GF pick up, and that since LM knew it was a $20,000 ring, it was LE that told him that information... LE or the PI?

If LE knew there was such a ring though, worth that sort of $$, wouldn't it be kept for evidence and not allowed to go home with the GF?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back