Madeleine's Favorite ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

hcc2007

Reaction score
Ok, folks, here's a new question to ponder.

What is one of the main things we ALL know about our young babies/children? And what is the thing we think about when they're not around ... or if, god forbid, we should lose one of them?

Her favorite song, her favorite color, her favorite dessert, her favorite toy.
His favorite dance, his favorite book, his favorite animal, his favorite hug.

Could any parent ever talk about a missing child without mentioning the child's favorite things? Could anyone asking the public to help find a missing child NOT mention the child's favorite things?

So ... can anybody name ANY of Madeleine's favorite things?

Too right hcc, we know damn all about Madeleine! Parents didn't bother to tell us! But then was her recovery ever the main issue?

Well according to Kate she loved Cuddle Cat (the pink stuffed animal)

[sarcasm] Madeleine had a lovely time nearly every day, especially at the Creche, except at night, and then she had cuddle cat beside her, except when it was at the lab near the cadavers. And she was prone to hysteria.[/sarcasm]

And no, I don't know her favorite song.

Come to think of it, I can't exactly imagine either Kate or Gerry singing a nursery rhyme, but that's just me.

However, I agree that it would be good to know something like that, so when someone sees the child in Morocco again they could ask her a question about her favorite story or song.

Well...not really, it seems like Kate loved it more since she took it to work. :silenced:

OOOps forgot about that Sleuthmom, absolutely Kate loved Cuddlecat so much that she took it from her little girl who loved it also, perhaps she thought that Cuddlecat needed to connect with reality, you know meet some dead bodies just to prepare the poor toy for the upcoming loss of a loved one!

Does she carry Cuddlecat in her coat pocket? Or clipped to her stethoscope, or what? :)

Devil's advocate: They won't talk about Madeleine's favorite "stuff" because that would aid the abductor.

Fact: You can find out any child's favorite "stuff" in about thirty minutes or less, they aren't able to hide that at all. So there's no need to worry about an abductor using that info.

Fact: The twins are talked about in great detail, but Madeleine is not. How the twins are gaining in vocabulary, how the twins ask about Maddie, how they walk around with their little rucksacks. (quote unquote.)

Does she carry Cuddlecat in her coat pocket? Or clipped to her stethoscope, or what? :)

Oooh ... you guys are wicked. ;) Thoughtfox & Barnaby.

If Kate really said that, it's enough to lock her up and throw away the key. IMNVHO

We know hardly anything about Madeleine. Apparently the McCanns don't want us to know. And when you listen to them, it seems they don't know all that much either.

Oh yes, Kate "knows" Madeleine knows her mother loves her.

Gerry's blog is all about the twins and what jolly fun they have. They are such a normal, happy, well-adjusted family, except when the parents are getting sloshed every night at the Tapas Bar! Kate was asked what she would say to Madeleine if she was listening. She replied, "We love you, but she already knows that." THAT'S IT? I'm sure that was a tremendous comfort for this terrified and tortured wee soul! (NOT!)

Gerry's blog is all about the twins and what jolly fun they have. They are such a normal, happy, well-adjusted family, except when the parents are getting sloshed every night at the Tapas Bar! Kate was asked what she would say to Madeleine if she was listening. She replied, "We love you, but she already knows that." THAT'S IT? I'm sure that was a tremendous comfort for this terrified and tortured wee soul! (NOT!)
I think that's one of her more creepy statements. In most abduction cases in which the parents believe the child is still alive, they will stare into the camera in hopes that their child will hear their voice and have some comfort from that. To me, that would be the whole point of doing an interview on TV!

But Kate has to be prompted at the end of that long interview, and then she comes up with a predictable and rather lame "We love you, and she already knows that."

Not "We love you, Madeleine." Not "We love you, sweetheart." Not "We love you and we are going to get you back, so don't be afraid, honey."

This is a four-year old abducted little girl! Come onnnnn, Kate!

Oh that was so strange, what a callous cow! What happened to "Darling, darling Madeleine, we love you so much, we miss you so much, We are looking for you sweetheart, We are so so sorry we left you alone, so sorry, don't be afraid we will find you etc.etc etc" with tears streaming!!!!!!!

Oh that was so strange, what a callous cow! What happened to "Darling, darling Madeleine, we love you so much, we miss you so much, We are looking for you sweetheart, We are so so sorry we left you alone, so sorry, don't be afraid we will find you etc.etc etc" with tears streaming!!!!!!!

Yes, it's all intuition, but I find that one of the most telling moments in this whole saga. You're the mom of a four year old baby girl who is out in the world somewhere, terrified and missing her family - not to mention quite possibly being tortured and raped.

And yet, you have to be reminded to say something to your child and when you do, your statement has all the emotion of reading a phone book!!!!!!

Where's the pet name every parent has for their child? Where is the assurance that you're doing every single thing you can to find her and you won't give up until she's back in your arms again? And darn it all - where are the tears?

Folks can rationalize this away to their heart's content, but Kate's reaction is way off the parameters of what other mothers have done when they went on air to plead for their children's lives and whereabouts.

Her rather impersonal, unemotional "appeal" doesn't make Kate the murderer but it sure paints her as one callous mother. And, in my book, it screams out that she KNEW there was no Madeleine to be speaking to.

teacherbees said:
Her rather impersonal, unemotional "appeal" doesn't make Kate the murderer but it sure paints her as one callous mother. And, in my book, it screams out that she KNEW there was no Madeleine to be speaking to.
Exactly - to me she sounds bored with the question, as weird as that is. :doh:

When I imagine having a child that age out there lost, I can imagine almost fainting at having to talk about it, and I would certainly fall apart and cry. But Kate seems to have no problem talking and talking and talking and displaying hardly any emotions.

Yes, it's all intuition, but I find that one of the most telling moments in this whole saga. You're the mom of a four year old baby girl who is out in the world somewhere, terrified and missing her family - not to mention quite possibly being tortured and raped.

And yet, you have to be reminded to say something to your child and when you do, your statement has all the emotion of reading a phone book!!!!!!

Where's the pet name every parent has for their child? Where is the assurance that you're doing every single thing you can to find her and you won't give up until she's back in your arms again? And darn it all - where are the tears?

Folks can rationalize this away to their heart's content, but Kate's reaction is way off the parameters of what other mothers have done when they went on air to plead for their children's lives and whereabouts.

Totally agree Teacher, I could not begin to think about speaking to my little girl without breaking down most horribly, TV or no TV! She knew that she was not speaking to anyone & if she for a second is innocent & that little girl is out there she is one damned callous who never cared a jot about Madeleine & still doesn't!

Good question. I found the following descriptions of Maddie from interviews:

[FONT=&quot]http://www.functionpix.com/index.php/article/Madeleine_McCann__Parents_first_interview/1392/
[/FONT] “Maddie is a complete McCann – very extrovert – “She’s very sociable” Kate was smiling as she recounted her memories “in the evenings by the pool, we would spend an hour or two with Maddie and the other children running around shouting ‘Be a monster, Be a monster’ tiring everybody out”

[FONT=&quot]http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/topstories/2007/08/13/kate-mccann-s-agony-89520-19617435/[/FONT]

Kate even joked that Madeleine is probably giving her kidnapper a taste of her forceful character.She said: "Madeleine is such a sociable child, so funny and engaging."She has a lot of personality. Her name actually means 'tower of strength'."She hated it when we called her Maddie. She'd say 'My name is Madeleine' with an indignant look."I bet she's giving whoever she's with her tuppence worth."

[FONT=&quot]http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/index.cfm?id=818892007[/FONT]

Little ringleader'
Before her disappearance, Mr McCann said the holiday had been "idyllic" and Madeleine was having fun with her brother and sister, Sean and Amelie, who are twins."She might look like Kate, but in terms of personality she is more of a McCann. She is very funny and often a little ringleader in nursery and with her friends," he said.

The most descriptive: [FONT=&quot]http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2005320001-2007240200,00.html[/FONT]

Mrs McCann said, smiling: “She likes talking, she really likes role play.” Mr McCann joined in saying: “She’s very good at that actually for someone so young, she really can talk...considering that she was not even four.“She likes activity and sport, she’s very active, even at home when we are going for a jog she says ’Can I come jogging with you mummy’?”The couple looked relaxed as they spoke about Madeleine’s love of swimming, going swimming on Saturdays and of her favourite television programme - Dr Who as well as films such as Shrek and Finding Nemo. But the couple said the three children were very different, describing Sean as “a thinker”, very methodical, fond of arranging things in order, while his twin sister Amelie is an extrovert.

[FONT=&quot]http://www.functionpix.com/index.php/article/Madeleine_McCann__Parents_first_interview/1392/[/FONT]
“Maddie is a complete McCann – very extrovert – “She’s very sociable” Kate was smiling as she recounted her memories “in the evenings by the pool, we would spend an hour or two with Maddie and the other children running around shouting ‘Be a monster, Be a monster’ tiring everybody out”

[FONT=&quot]http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/topstories/2007/08/13/kate-mccann-s-agony-89520-19617435/[/FONT]

Kate even joked that Madeleine is probably giving her kidnapper a taste of her forceful character.She said: "Madeleine is such a sociable child, so funny and engaging."She has a lot of personality. Her name actually means 'tower of strength'."She hated it when we called her Maddie. She'd say 'My name is Madeleine' with an indignant look."I bet she's giving whoever she's with her tuppence worth."

[FONT=&quot]http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/index.cfm?id=818892007[/FONT]

Little ringleader'
Before her disappearance, Mr McCann said the holiday had been "idyllic" and Madeleine was having fun with her brother and sister, Sean and Amelie, who are twins."She might look like Kate, but in terms of personality she is more of a McCann. She is very funny and often a little ringleader in nursery and with her friends," he said.

The most descriptive: [FONT=&quot]http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2005320001-2007240200,00.html[/FONT]

Mrs McCann said, smiling: “She likes talking, she really likes role play.” Mr McCann joined in saying: “She’s very good at that actually for someone so young, she really can talk...considering that she was not even four.“She likes activity and sport, she’s very active, even at home when we are going for a jog she says ’Can I come jogging with you mummy’?”The couple looked relaxed as they spoke about Madeleine’s love of swimming, going swimming on Saturdays and of her favourite television programme - Dr Who as well as films such as Shrek and Finding Nemo. But the couple said the three children were very different, describing Sean as “a thinker”, very methodical, fond of arranging things in order, while his twin sister Amelie is an extrovert.
Great post. Thank you for posting it.

The real Madeleine and the real family.
Madeleine sounds a very normal, precious, lovely, healthy and much loved little girl.

Kate was asked what she would say to Madeleine if she was listening. She replied, "We love you, but she already knows that." THAT'S IT? I'm sure that was a tremendous comfort for this terrified and tortured wee soul! (NOT!)

Because Maddie is dead and in Gods hands and she desperately hopes Maddie knows that?

Good thread, when children go missing it is always about the child - this time it has been about the McCanns. Not even the little things like what she likes to eat, loves to be read to or favorite games as if maybe an abductor would be listening and therefore take care of her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PharmSleuth

[FONT=&quot]http://www.functionpix.com/index.php...nterview/1392/[/FONT]
“Maddie is a complete McCann – very extrovert – ...... But the couple said the three children were very different, describing Sean as “a thinker”, very methodical, fond of arranging things in order, while his twin sister Amelie is an extrovert.

:waitasec:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member