Australia - Luke Hankey, 24, stabbed to death, Bateau Bay, 21 Oct 2007

Just Jules

Reaction score
This Pub is just down the road from me and I have been going there since it opened 20 odd years ago. This young man is a friend of my girlfriends daughter and was with him and a group of others when this boy was murdered. :(

I don't know any details yet as my friends daughter was very traumatised. She did say to her Mum that it could have been anyone of them and she thinks the assailant had Knuckle Dusters. :eek:

So very senseless :(

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,22623546-5006009,00.html

OMGosh, I'm so sorry this has affected your family/friends. It's scary to be that close to a murder. Do you think your gf's daughter will have to be interrogated (or wants to be)?

Hmm, possibly stabbed by a woman? He was so young. How terrible.

Just Jules,
My condolences to you and your daughter. I read the article at the link you provided...he was some surfer. Sounds like everyone who knew him liked him.

How very sad and very senseless.....a young man with everything to look forward to taken too soon:( .
I hope your friends daughter is holding up ok Jules thought Id imagine she is very shocked at the moment.

You guys are so great :blowkiss:

I wanted to post about it yesterday but there were no news links. It is so scary when it's this close to home. Hubby and I actually walk past this young mans parents home on our walks. I do know that he and his girlfriend had just bought a home together, just so damn senseless. :(

We live in a fairly safe area or so I thought. His poor Mum and Dad, I feel so sad for them, their hearts must be broken. :(

You guys are so great :blowkiss:

I wanted to post about it yesterday but there were no news links. It is so scary when it's this close to home. Hubby and I actually walk past this young mans parents home on our walks. I do know that he and his girlfriend had just bought a home together, just so damn senseless. :(

We live in a fairly safe area or so I thought. His poor Mum and Dad, I feel so sad for them, their hearts must be broken. :(

How very sad JJ, I can't even imagine how his parents feel...
I hope your daughter gets through this very sad time okay

Thanks Skippy :blowkiss:

His story just came on the news here:(

There was a snippet on Ten news last night, maybe NBN will cover it tonight.
Did you see the news break on Prime or NBN?

I will ring my girlfriend later and see how her dau is doing. :(

The news update was on 10..it came on after Oprah finished

Sorry to hear this tragic news JJ, prayers to his family, and to all his friends who will miss him. He sounds like a very loved and popular young man.
Hope whomever is responisible for this awful crime is caught and dealt with very quickly.

Sorry to hear this tragic news JJ, prayers to his family, and to all his friends who will miss him. He sounds like a very loved and popular young man.
Hope whomever is responisible for this awful crime is caught and dealt with very quickly.

Thanks dingo and Shazz, we had visitors this afternoon/evening so I didn't get to check the news. I sent my girlfriend a text, she said her dau is doing OK, she will try and ring me tomorrow.

There are lots of stories doing the rounds, about just what happened to this young man. I have another link that says even less than the last one, there must be a reason why there is no info being put out there. :(

http://www.smh.com.au/news/national...-hotel-car-park/2007/10/22/1192940978677.html

I hope this is solved soon. I'm so sorry for your gf's daughter and what she has to go through now.

I'm so sorry to hear of this awful tragedy, Jules. I hope your girlfriend's daughter is doing better. Prayers for the boy's family, as well.

Forgive my ignorance, but what are Knuckle Dusters?

So sorry for his family and friends.I hope it doesnt take long to resolve this.
)hopefully the was video in the car park and it has clues)

I'm so sorry to hear of this awful tragedy, Jules. I hope your girlfriend's daughter is doing better. Prayers for the boy's family, as well.

Forgive my ignorance, but what are Knuckle Dusters?

I wanna know too. Are they anything like brass knuckles?

No more news links this morning.

Thanks Sewing Deb, Natasha, and Al_B for your thoughts for this young mans family, my girfriends dau and the friends that were there as well on Sat night. It still seems so surreal.

My thoughts and Prayers go out to all concerned.
Yep, Strach, what Dingo said. :)

So very sad for his family Jules....I hope someone comes forward soon.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back