What does a 'de facto suspect' imply in this case?

Kimster

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ufo2001.com
OMGoodness, I can't wait to see what this means!

ETA: I just grabbed this from Wikipedia:

De facto is a Latin expression that means "by [the] fact". In law, it is meant to mean "in practice but not necessarily ordained by law" or "in practice or actuality, but without being officially established".

[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/De_facto[/ame]

googled de facto - from wiki:

In law, it is meant to mean "in practice but not necessarily ordained by law" or "in practice or actuality, but without being officially established"

"existing in fact, whether legally recognized or not" I looked it up when her attorney made that statemnt.

Gotta luv it, when her own attorney says it. :crazy:

Terri hasn't be charged with a crime. Yet her abatement proceeding filing is predicated on her not having to testify in the family court matters because of the criminal matter.

So far there is no criminal matter. There is an investigation. But no charges. I think Bunch has to convince the court that while Terri hasn't been charged, in reality she is a suspect in order for this Abatement motion to carry the weight of law he desires it to.
Synonyms in Thesaurus.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/thesaurus/defacto?show=0&t=1283279411

In addition, her divorce attorney Peter Bunch acknowledged in court papers filed for Horman this week that she is a 'de facto suspect" at the center of a police investigation.<snipped>

http://theworldlink.com/news/local/article_d9f4fcf8-bc8e-5f48-869b-93ce7f9abe66.html

Help me with my lack of legalese please! What does this imply? Is Terri a POI now? A suspect in Kyron's disappearance? What?

It means, "LE has not PUBLICLY said my client is a suspect, but we all know they are just covering their *advertiser censored**es and PRIVATELY have focused in on her like a laser."

ETA: "De facto" just means "in fact"--i.e., she hasn't been NAMED as a suspect, but "in fact" she is one.

So would it be in best interests of the divorce and those issues to be named a suspect? Then she can use that in court to prove her case? It seems like it's going to be hard for her to say this when she hasn't been charged with a crime yet. And I know it's been all over the news, but the court goes with law, not what's on television. If she hasn't been charged, then her reasoning for the abatement doesn't hold water legally.

Interesting definition there, AZlawyer. LOL.

It means, "LE has not PUBLICLY said my client is a suspect, but we all know they are just covering their *advertiser censored**es and PRIVATELY have focused in on her like a laser."

ETA: "De facto" just means "in fact"--i.e., she hasn't been NAMED as a suspect, but "in fact" she is one.

That's what I thought it probably meant! Love the way you phrased it! LOL

I thought de facto meant when two people live together for a time, but are not legally married. Although i think depending on how long a couple has been together, they are recognised as common law husband and wife?

I thought de facto meant when two people live together for a time, but are not legally married. Although i think depending on how long a couple has been together, they are recognised as common law husband and wife?

De Facto is not restricted to any one thing. I am de facto raising Princess PeePee since she lives here, even if her mom has her sleep at her house at nights. I am de facto the person who watches the park in the afternoons because Princess PeePee plays there. I am de facto crazy because Princess PeePee can make me that way :)

De facto really just means what AZLawyer said: in fact. Might not be any official word that Terri is a suspect, but there is plenty to point to her IN FACT being a suspect.

To me, in this case, "de facto" means they ain't got no-one else for the rap...so they'll stick it to her, although not really. But kinda, but only pretend. Until they find someone else. If they do. But if not, then only a little bit of a suspect.

Or something like that.

BTW, where's Kyron?

Best-
Herding Cats

PS: I used "BTW" because it really feels like where Kyron is, is an aside or an afterthought...

Sigh.

To me, in this case, "de facto" means they ain't got no-one else for the rap...so they'll stick it to her, although not really. But kinda, but only pretend. Until they find someone else. If they do. But if not, then only a little bit of a suspect.

Or something like that.

BTW, where's Kyron?

Best-
Herding Cats

PS: I used "BTW" because it really feels like where Kyron is, is an aside or an afterthought...

Sigh.

Good post, and I almost TA. To me it means TH is the easiest suspect, putting up less of a fight, plus being a bit more public, like in texting than some of the others who, I believe, are covering their butts a bit better, legally or otherwise. Or, maybe they're even dead - who knows?

My opinion only

Good post, and I almost TA. To me it means TH is the easiest suspect, putting up less of a fight, plus being a bit more public, like in texting than some of the others who, I believe, are covering their butts a bit better, legally or otherwise. Or, maybe they're even dead - who knows?

My opinion only

Do you believe that LE had suspect(s) who are now deceased? What makes you think that? Kyron only went missing 9 months ago.

Seems to me there are SOs missing, dead bodies, but let's not rush to judgment - TH was the wicked stepmother, the last to see Kyron. Water often takes the path of least resistance.

My opinion only

In the beginning of this investigation, there were huge amounts of LE agencies working on this case.
There were lots of open doors that had to be investigated, stranger abduction, So's had to be tracked down, school personnel, child leaving on his own.
Door's were being closed, all but one.
I would think that to this day doors have opened, that LE has looked into, but been able to close.
There is one door still open, that LE has not been able to close, it has just been opened wider and one de facto suspect is standing behind it.

In the beginning of this investigation, there were huge amounts of LE agencies working on this case.
There were lots of open doors that had to be investigated, stranger abduction, So's had to be tracked down, school personnel, child leaving on his own.
Door's were being closed, all but one.
I would think that to this day doors have opened, that LE has looked into, but been able to close.
There is one door still open, that LE has not been able to close, it has just been opened wider and one de facto suspect is standing behind it.

I keep looking back at the graves of Ashley and Miranda. Ward Weaver wasn't even seriously considered despite his record, and the allegations against him. He had to rape and try to murder in BROAD DAYLIGHT before Oregon LE took a good look at him - then there was no choice.

I know, different counties, I also know it was Oregon LE.

My opinion only

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back