NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, Allegedly sold by mother 11/10/09 #28

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bumpity bump lil angel

If I could "thank you" twice, I would.

I have avoided looking for a couple of months now because it is even more hard to come and read about the NON happenings in this case. I have the photo avatar someone here created (the wone that says "justice for Shaniya" and has 4 little pictures of the Angel.. as my avatar on other message boards. (I did get permission from the creator to use this avatar on other boards to keep Shaniya's memory alive)

Anyhoo, tonight, I sat really looking at my own avatar (that is sometimes hard to look at because it is pictures of Shaniya) and I felt compelled to rip open my heart by coming here... just to see if something has happened....

nothing. I am weeping again tonight for this little girl. And now, it is not rage that I feel anymore... just profound sadness. Does anyone care?? :frown:

BBM
I am feeling the same, believe me. As long as we keep her out there and her memory alive, it might help someone else. I dont have too much faith in the legal system, but who knows? Maybe we will be surprised!!

This case cannot be ignored as there are too many good folks who were horrified by this tragedy....MOO....I realize that there's been little news on this case but hopefully justice will be served.

This case cannot be ignored as there are too many good folks who were horrified by this tragedy....MOO....I realize that there's been little news on this case but hopefully justice will be served.

Yes, waiting on trials. Not much news to report at this time.
Always happens in cases after the perp/perps are charged.

Except in states like FL that have laws like the Sunshine law. Cases from those states almost always have news daily. Although, the Somer Thompson case has been very quiet since JH was charged.

I don't find the absence of news shocking in Shaniya's case. It was a MAJOR story nationally for months. Now, there simply is nothing to report unless the reporters make stuff up. Nothing is coming from LE now.

I don't think we will hear much until the triasl start.

Maybe a tid bit here and there.

Praying for Shaniya and all who love her.

http://www.fayobserver.com/articles/2010/08/05/1019432?sac=Local

Published: 07:01 AM, Fri Aug 06, 2010

Cumberland DSS off state watch list

Snipped:

Shaniya Davis case

The Department of Social Services remains under scrutiny by the State Bureau of Investigation in connection with the 2009 kidnapping, rape and murder of Shaniya Davis.

The 5-year-old girl's family had come to the attention of county social workers before her death.

District Attorney Ed Grannis asked the SBI to examine Jackson's department at the request of Fayetteville police, who didn't believe they received full cooperation from the department during the murder probe.

Shaniya was last seen alive in hotel surveillance video. A man seen carrying her in a Sanford hotel has been charged with her murder. Shaniya's mother is facing charges of child-abuse involving prostitution and other counts.

Grannis said the issue of turnover among child-abuse investigators has come up in the SBI investigation.

http://www.fayobserver.com/articles/2010/08/05/1019432?sac=Local

Published: 07:01 AM, Fri Aug 06, 2010

Cumberland DSS off state watch list

Snipped:

Shaniya Davis case

The Department of Social Services remains under scrutiny by the State Bureau of Investigation in connection with the 2009 kidnapping, rape and murder of Shaniya Davis.

The 5-year-old girl's family had come to the attention of county social workers before her death.

District Attorney Ed Grannis asked the SBI to examine Jackson's department at the request of Fayetteville police, who didn't believe they received full cooperation from the department during the murder probe.

Shaniya was last seen alive in hotel surveillance video. A man seen carrying her in a Sanford hotel has been charged with her murder. Shaniya's mother is facing charges of child-abuse involving prostitution and other counts.

Grannis said the issue of turnover among child-abuse investigators has come up in the SBI investigation.

Great article, thank you Kimberlyd!!

Scroll down to the 18th comment by FYI...very interesting!!!!

YES!!!
Me too... I sincerely think the DA office in that area... just skipped over so many people who should be charged. Is it because Shaniya was viewed as just another "black girl"?? Was it because she WAS a girl??? (look at Jonbenet tragedy and Caylee). I just don't understand it.

It is almost like they HAD to charge MAM becuase he was caught red handed on tape... and mom... well she got charged with the LEAST charge they could use without public outrage... all the other players in this tragedy...

it sickens me to see how some portray him as an "expert" of some sort.
Thanks for your beautiful heart, every one with your kind of spirit always opens my heart more. :beats:
I am adamant about this case being so hushed, so under attended to. Like you said look at Caylee Anthony and others it sure had far more investigative work, and IMHO while LE should have confiscated KCs car immediately - LE "F"d up big time, but non the less a lot more has been done and reported too, it sure is no hush hush case. :(

RIP little angel:angel::angel::angel:

Great article, thank you Kimberlyd!!

Scroll down to the 18th comment by FYI...very interesting!!!!

I only read the article because you thought it was great ! :)
I do not see anything so great about that article, Children Services are always covering up for themselves.
:(
They are either short staffed, not informed, had no clue, or underfunded, too many case loads per social worker, etc..
It is very rare I read that they actually did something great. :(

Well, the fact DSS is being investigated and media is covering the fact AD had already been reported before Shaniya's death, tells me more that this is NOT a hushed case or being swept under a rug.

I know government agencies are hardly ever punished for shortcomings, but at least the word is getting out there and attention is being given to this outrage.

Shaniya's case has brought a lot of attention to that and to the fact human trafficking is more common than most of us thought. IMO

Big question, did AD give birth yet?
Where is the baby?

That's a great question passionflower. She had to have had it by now I would think. I have not heard anything about it or where the baby is. I hope he/she is FAR AWAY from AD.

I only read the article because you thought it was great ! :)
I do not see anything so great about that article, Children Services are always covering up for themselves.
:(
They are either short staffed, not informed, had no clue, or underfunded, too many case loads per social worker, etc..
It is very rare I read that they actually did something great. :(

LOL! I didnt mean that Child Services was great, Good Lord no! The article just puts it plain as day what is going on there. I was happy to see a reference to Shaniya. I personally enjoyed the comments.

Big question, did AD give birth yet?
Where is the baby?
Doing the math she should have given birth in JULY but any news on that case is hard to come by. they are more then likely afraid to let us know that AD actually has a new candidate to victimize. :( but to be clear that child should have been born already.
I think ONLY elephants Carry longer then 9 months.
AD should be placed back in jail. :banghead:

LOL! I didnt mean that Child Services was great, Good Lord no! The article just puts it plain as day what is going on there. I was happy to see a reference to Shaniya. I personally enjoyed the comments.
OH! good thank god -- We have been so aligned in our thoughts that I started to worry, how could you ? LOL :innocent: :blowkiss:

OH! good thank god -- We have been so aligned in our thoughts that I started to worry, how could you ? LOL :innocent: :blowkiss:

Well of all the noive!!!! ;-) You should know better, Missy!

Thinking of Shaniya

What a beautiful angel.

shaniya-davis-in-car.jpg

Thinking of Shaniya

What a beautiful angel.

shaniya-davis-in-car.jpg

Thanks for the picture, Kimberlyd.

I was having a moment this morning where I couldn't get those soggy trash bags with carcasses in them out of my head.

I much prefer to have the memory of Shaniya as this picture has her-a stunningly beautiful and sweet child.

Thinking of you, baby girl, and patiently waiting for justice.

Thinking of Shaniya

What a beautiful angel.

shaniya-davis-in-car.jpg

Thats one of my favorite pics of Shaniya...I also LOVE the pic of Shaniya proudly sporting her backpack on the first day of school! She had her future then...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77