Votes: 47 40.9%
  • the media

Votes: 7 6.1%
  • everybody involved

Votes: 27 23.5%
  • experts and wanna be experts

Votes: 8 7.0%

• Total voters
Did they say JR's DNA was on the longjohns..cause he picked her up from the waist right I might be wrong on that...

As far as I know, it hasn't been revealed publicly whether EITHER parent's DNA was found.

Linda Arndt, by letting John search the house instead of LE!!!:mad:

I can't really blame Arndt due to the fact that she called her supervisor practically begging him for help and he didn't send any. I blame the Boulder PD period. They screwed the case royally from the beginning and then tried to damn anybody who disagreed with them. This case never had a chance due to the in-fighting between the PD and the DA.

Why wasn't her DNA found? Well, we don't know that it wasn't found. We only know it hasn't been SAID that it was found. Because Lacy has already said that the DNA on the waistband belongs to the "killer" (right...) she of course was not going to say "Oh, by the way, the mother's DNA was also found" because someone could then say "Well, if the DNA is the killers, how do we know WHICH DNA is the killer. Maybe the mother IS the killer". That's why it will never be revealed whether Patsy's DNA is on the longjohns.

snipped

What?? Sorry, but what is she supposed to say? The mother's DNA is on the longjohns, therefore she's the killer. Oh by the way, we found some strangers DNA there also, but pay no mind. Most children have strangers DNA on their underpants, as well as their mother's. So logically, it makes more sense that the mother is the killer. I would be surprised if PR's DNA wasn't on JBR's longjohns if PR said she put them on her.

Why wasn't her DNA found? Well, we don't know that it wasn't found. We only know it hasn't been SAID that it was found. Because Lacy has already said that the DNA on the waistband belongs to the "killer" (right...) she of course was not going to say "Oh, by the way, the mother's DNA was also found" because someone could then say "Well, if the DNA is the killers, how do we know WHICH DNA is the killer. Maybe the mother IS the killer". That's why it will never be revealed whether Patsy's DNA is on the longjohns.

snipped

What?? Sorry, but what is she supposed to say? The mother's DNA is on the longjohns, therefore she's the killer. Oh by the way, we found some strangers DNA there also, but pay no mind. Most children have strangers DNA on their underpants, as well as their mother's. So logically, it makes more sense that the mother is the killer. I would be surprised if PR's DNA wasn't on JBR's longjohns if PR said she put them on her.

So would I. So why wasn't it mentioned? Re-read my comment. Lacy was NEVER going to put the Rs in this. That was her agenda from Day 1.
What she is "supposed" to say is the truth about whose DNA was found there, if traceable to a person. To say that the DNA donor MUST be the killer is as wrong as it is to NOT say if the parents' prints were also found.

Hope I don't double post because my previous one disappeared. The detectives really were incompetent and hadn't even investigated a murder before. The FBI or someone should have been called in immediately after the house was cleared of people and thoroughly searched. They endangered themselves and everyone in that house. Then, tipping off the Ramsey's so soon that they were the main suspects, which made them overly defensive and not ever really want to talk to any of them. I'm not sure the autopsy was adequate either.

I would say it was a mixture of the Ramseys and LE that caused the case to never be solved. The Ramseys had money and connections to make sure the case never even went to trial. However, LE didn't help themselves by not securing the crime scene on 12/26. The RST was a big barrier for LE but they didn't do much to get past it. There have been plenty of wealthy people who have been charged with murder and actually went to trial. They might have been acquitted or got a low sentence but they still went to trial. The Ramseys never went on trial and LE is a big reason for that. If LE had done a better job, even if the Ramseys were still wealthy, they probably would have at least gone to trial.

I wouldn't really blame the media for hurting the case because there have been other highly publicized cases where the murderer has been convicted---Laci Peterson, Danielle Van Dam, Samantha Runnion, Jessica Lunsford, and Chandra Levy.

You're missing the original DA from the list....If you had put him in or simply Boulder DA, I could have voted for that.

First, the Ramseys hurt the case by not agreeing to be questioned POST HASTE! They had an obligation to their daughter to help find out what happened to her. They failed her miserably, IMO.

Next, the BPD shares responsibility for mucking up the crime scene. It's Police 101 that you don't let people run all over the crime scene.

Next, Pete Hofstrom shares some responsibility for the "ransoming the body" comment. He was/is much too cozy with defense lawyers in Boulder County. I say this from experience.

Next, Alex Hunter has a lot of responsibility to bear in why this case is so farked up. What District Attorney in their right mind sends a tabloid reporter (Jeff Shapiro) out to dig up dirt on main witnesses and LE officers? And what Assistant District Attorney refuses to sign off on warrants for the most basic items like phone records. Well, that would be Trip DeMuth, Mr. Intruder Theory himself.

Then the torch was passed to Mary Lacy, who in one of the biggest mistakes of her career, goes out of her way, publicly no less, and clears the Ramseys! And extradites John Mark Karr to the US without first verifying any of his "story." And we all know how well that turned out.....

Even if someone were to be tried in this case, they'd walk on reasonable doubt alone, thanks to the Boulder County DA's office under Hunter and Lacy's leadership.

I have never faulted the Ramseys for lawyering up, it's the best thing you can do, however, when it impedes the investigation into your child's murder, then it's a problem. They should have fully cooperated with LE's questioning, and maybe this wouldn't be such a hot mess after all these years.

Hi Tezi. I am curious about your comment concerning Pete Hofstrom and wondered if you could share anything else. I must say that I agree with all that you wrote!! :great:

Hi Tezi. I am curious about your comment concerning Pete Hofstrom and wondered if you could share anything else. I must say that I agree with all that you wrote!! :great:

SunniRN, what would you like to know about Hofstrom?

Thank you for agreeing with me, that doesn't happen too often! LOL:great:

I think the medical examiner who used the same clippers for all of her fingers and failed to more thoroughly investigate the "unknown abrasions" hurt the case the most.

You ended your 'Pete comment', with the statement, 'i say this from experience'. Did you work with him, know someone that dealt with him?

And sincerely, your post was complete and encompassed every major player and problem, except for Pam and Susan! ;-)

You ended your 'Pete comment', with the statement, 'i say this from experience'. Did you work with him, know someone that dealt with him?

And sincerely, your post was complete and encompassed every major player and problem, except for Pam and Susan! ;-)

I have known people who have dealt with him. I've known defense lawyers that schmoozed with him.....

Yes, I forgot Auntie Pam and Pitbull Susan Stine....LOL I guess I should have covered them as well.

I think the medical examiner who used the same clippers for all of her fingers and failed to more thoroughly investigate the "unknown abrasions" hurt the case the most.

There are so many things that hurt this case, and the coroner was certainly up there in my "top 5". Right along with this I'd add his decision NOT to add his verbal comments about her sexual abuse to his written report and his failure to perform the tests to determine TOD when first encountering the body.

To this list I also add the VERY FIRST SCREW-UP- that goes to Officer French for failing to figure out how to open the WC door. That ONE mistake, at the very first moment of the investigation, did more damage to the case than anyone involved in it has had the courage to say.
This ONE thing allowed the crime scene and the body to be "discovered" by a suspect. To quote Dr. Henry Lee: "Rice already cooked". After that, it was anyone's guess as to whether JB was in the WC the way JR said she was. ALL the uncertainty- were her hands bound tightly as he said they were? Were her legs bound? Did he preform CPR as he said he did? Feet and legs exposed? Barbie doll in there with her? We'll never know the truth. There WAS another eyewitness to what JR did and saw- FW. I hope he told LE what he witnessed, even if he hasn't told anyone else.

I have known people who have dealt with him. I've known defense lawyers that schmoozed with him.....

Yes, I forgot Auntie Pam and Pitbull Susan Stine....LOL I guess I should have covered them as well.

Thank you again Tezi! I can imagine a lot of people enjoyed schmoozing with him. He certainly knew how to use his power. What a jerk!

As for Pam and Susan, I kind of feel as if they were minor players in all of this. Does anyone else feel that Patsy wanted it to be all about she and John all the time? She never even talked about Burke and the effects of his sisters murder, unless she was almost forced to. Guess she was afraid everyone would stop focusing on her and 'her grief'.

Dee Dee as usual, you are brilliant!

There are so many things that hurt this case, and the coroner was certainly up there in my "top 5". Right along with this I'd add his decision NOT to add his verbal comments about her sexual abuse to his written report and his failure to perform the tests to determine TOD when first encountering the body.

To this list I also add the VERY FIRST SCREW-UP- that goes to Officer French for failing to figure out how to open the WC door. That ONE mistake, at the very first moment of the investigation, did more damage to the case than anyone involved in it has had the courage to say.
This ONE thing allowed the crime scene and the body to be "discovered" by a suspect. To quote Dr. Henry Lee: "Rice already cooked". After that, it was anyone's guess as to whether JB was in the WC the way JR said she was. ALL the uncertainty- were her hands bound tightly as he said they were? Were her legs bound? Did he preform CPR as he said he did? Feet and legs exposed? Barbie doll in there with her? We'll never know the truth. There WAS another eyewitness to what JR did and saw- FW. I hope he told LE what he witnessed, even if he hasn't told anyone else.

DeeDee249,

I think FW was interviewed but he is on record as stating he will reserve recounting everything to when he is called to testify in court. I reckon he has something interesting to say, and he knows if it was voiced outside of court LW would be mailing him some litigation papers, never mind allowing for a fabricated rebuttal!

One person who hurt this case real bad was Lou Smit since he lent credibility to the IDI theories. This along with his merry band of independent investigators who appeared in all those Ramsey backed documentaries promoting the IDI case.

Rice already cooked...that pretty much sums up this case.

Officer French AND Officer Reichenbach AND Fleet White failed to find the body of little JonBenet. They were the three who entered the basement before John.

Detective Patterson's not going with his gut instinct that he felt something was not right.

I honestly believe that John was down therein the wee hours of the morning, before BPD was called, he was down there withFW at around 1 pm, and that he was also there at 10 am. Who I do not think was there when the BPD searched the basement was JonBenet.

I can't get over the time lapse, in which a father, whose daughter had been 'kidnapped', would not have been glued to the phone, waiting for the kidnappers to call. That he would not have been filled with anguish,when they didn't call. Ican't believe he would so disregard the instructions in the ransom note, had he BELIEVED it were true.

He had to have done something when he disappeared. It also corresponds to the time he told JAR and SL that he found JonBenet. JR is not the innocent victim, that covered for a deranged wife, IMHO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back