GUILTY AR - Evangelist Tony Alamo's compound raided over child sex, abuse, Fouke, 2008

Is this waste of skin and bones a piece of work or what?
He REALLY thought he'd get away with everything!
Sleeping and talking ugly during his trial.
BYE-BYE pig, you get to go where you belong and I hope you reap what you have sewn. Can you say KARMA?

I just watched the Unsolved Mysteries segment on him yesterday.

Good to hear this news!

Judge orders $500K for each of preacher's victims

Associated Press - January 13, 2010 2:15 PM ET

TEXARKANA, Ark. (AP) - A federal judge says five young women abused by evangelist Tony Alamo (uh-LAH-moe) while they were minors are each entitled to a half-million dollars for physical and mental pain they suffered.

The 75-year-old was convicted last year of taking underage girls across state lines for sex and was sentenced to 175 years. A federal judge Wednesday ordered restitution for the five, who are now aged 17-33.

A defense lawyer said Alamo shouldn't have to pay anything. :boohoo:

A pediatrician testified the women suffer chronic back pain, persistent menstrual cramps and depression. Prosecutors sought $2.7 million for each woman.

The government says it is confident Alamo has the money, but that it might be spread among business ventures held in the names of his followers.

http://www.newson6.com/global/story.asp?s=11816299

Now, that's a step in the right direction. Finally some restitution from someone who can actually pay. So, some of the ill-gotten funds (in the name of God) will be used to help those harmed by someone who abused in the "name of God".

Shame on Tony.

When paying for me drug use behind bars, I took as may 'Bible Correspondence Courses" as I could, many are free or at very low cost to folks behind bars. Well, the Tony Alamo stuff was pretty bizarre as were the testimonials. I asked for some of his newsletters and was not disappointed. As a practising Catholic, I am used to all the 'Vatican' conspiracy stuff and really take no offence. People can think what they want, protesting only gives them a feeling of vindication. I should mention this was more than a half a dozen years ago. I asked for more and the 'Alamo Bible Institute' was only too happy to oblige. I was pretty good friends with an African-American preacher in there for being creative in his bookkeeping but was a pretty good bloke and did know his Bible inside and out. ANyhow, we spent many an hour reading these 'newsletters' out loud to each other and getting a good bit of laughs. He was targeted by 'Vatican-trained CIA hit teams who travelled under the shields of the ATF and the IRS' was one that sticks out. Anyhow, we all said he was going to either die in some cult stand-off with the Feds or end up busted for something really bad, like 'marrying' a bunch of underage followers. It seems, sadly, that we were not far from the mark.

Here's a link to the story:
http://www.4029tv.com/news/26499106/detail.html

Kolbeck's identity was confirmed by his physical description, tattoos, and ultimately his finger prints.Police said over the past two years, Kolbeck has been posted on the television show America's Most Wanted. An arrest warrant had been issued for Kolbeck in Arkansas in 2008 in relation to beating allegations from two separate victims. Police said Kolbeck was an "enforcer" at Tony Alamo Ministries.

This is good news actually. Sounds weird saying that but he was an evil man.
I watched the AMW segment and it was sickening to watch.

This is good news actually. Sounds weird saying that but he was an evil man.
I watched the AMW segment and it was sickening to watch.

I think it's good news, too. :)

So far, I haven't seen a report about the circumstances of his death or of his body being found.

Half a billion dollars in damages have been awarded to seven women who were raped and beaten for years by a pedophile televangelist who took them as his 'child brides.'

They are the victims of Tony Alamo - a charismatic Pentecostal preacher whose massive Alamo Ministries has been branded a polygamist cult.
. . .

The attorney for the victims - now grown women - David Carter believes the personal injury judgment is the largest in the history of Miller County and the state of Arkansas. He also thinks he can get his clients most - if not all - of the money.

Mr Carter introduced evidence found during a search of ministry properties in Fouke, Arkansas, alleging that water rights on property Alamo holds in Santa Clarita, California, are worth several billion dollars.
Carter said he will register the judgment in California and begin proceedings to have properties in that state sold to satisfy the judgment.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2569424/Judge-awards-525M-evangelists-abuse-victims.html

Tony Alamo is serving 175 years in prison, but his ministry is very rich -- hopefully for only a short time more.

From January 2011:

http://www.wkyt.com/home/headlines/Man_wanted_by_FBI_found_dead_in_eastern_Kentucky_114183879.html

His name is John Erwin Kolbek. But when he had a heart attack in Lawrence County last week, his wife gave officials a fake name. Now, police know he was a wanted man with a violent past in a religious cult.

He was known to the FBI as "The Enforcer" involved in a religious cult and wanted by federal agents for the savage beating he's accused of inflicting on children and adults alike, with the use of a 6 foot long wooden stick...

According to the FBI, Kolbeck was the enforcer for Tony Alamo Ministries.

From January 2014:

http://5newsonline.com/2014/01/09/tony-alamo-follower-get-life-sentence-for-sex-with-minor/

Douglas James Christopher, 60, was sentenced in federal court to life in prison without parole, according to U.S. Attorney Conner Eldridge’s office. Prosecutors said Christopher transported a minor across state lines for sexual purposes while factions of the Tony Alamo Christian Ministries were being sought by federal authorities...

Beginning in 2003, Christopher began transporting the minor, whose mother he had married in 2000, from the family’s home in Oklahoma to a location in Fort Smith under the control of the Alamo group, according to Eldridge’s office. Christopher had sex with the minor in a van at the location, prosecutors said.

From February 2014:

http://nation.time.com/2014/02/27/tony-alamo-preacher-victims-damages-525-million/

Seven women who were physically, sexually and psychologically abused by an evangelical preacher have been granted over half a billion dollars in reparations by an Arkansas judge.

The Associated Press reported Thursday that Miller County Circuit Judge Kirk Johnson awarded $525 million to the victims in actual and punitive damages...

The compensation for each victim ranges from $10 million to $29 million. One of the women says she was raped by Alamo from the time she was 9 years old until she escaped the ministry at age 15. Alamo was convicted in 2009 for abusing the women and is currently serving a 175-year prison sentence.

From June 2014:

http://www.burlesonstar.net/nationalnews/ci_25392384

An Arkansas judge has awarded seven women physically and sexually abused by evangelist Tony Alamo another $525 million, pushing the total owed by the imprisoned preacher and an affiliated church to more than $1 billion.

Miller County Circuit Judge Kirk Johnson entered a default judgment Thursday ordering Alamo to match the $525 million already owed by Twenty First Century Holiness Tabernacle Church for actual and punitive damages. No one showed up in court Thursday to defend the preacher...

http://www.ktbs.com/story/25764986/tony-alamo-properties-sold-at-auction

An auction in Miller County is held to sell property of a self-proclaimed prophet and help satisfy a court judgment. Proceeds from the sale will be given to the victims whom Tony Alamo was convicted of abusing... Alamo also owes money to two men who were beaten, starved and denied education while being raised in the ministry...

Five Alamo properties were sold in the auction. All of the Fouke properties sold for about $75,000. It included the church complex, Alamo's home, a church gymnasium and a building known as the "house of scorn" where girls were allegedly forced to fast.

David Carter, attorney for two of the abused boys, says it hasn't been easy to get the money from Alamo, since none of the ministries properties were in his name. On top of that, he says Alamo followers gutted the buildings.

back in the early 80s my step father was Tony Alamo's attorney (or one of them) I was a teen but I think after a year or so he was through with representing him , the whole thing creeped me out as I knew all about " The Alamo " and weird happenings within its walls!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back