Anthonys want autopsy results sealed AND ALL Autopsy Updates

Should the Anthonys have a say about the autopsy results being sealed?

• Yes - they are justified and should have a say in it

Votes: 35 6.4%
  • No - they shouldn't have a say in it

Votes: 505 91.7%
  • Other

Votes: 11 2.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
:confused:I just don't understand. If Cindy and George are the Guardians of Caylee's remains wouldn't they be one of the first to get this report besides LE, Defense, and SA? How can they claim they have not seen it? If they have not seen it why are they so adamant that the release of the results will devastated them? From all we knew they did not have a cause of death back in Dec. So has that now changed? "IMO" it did that is what put the DP back on the table. Now, I don't think they should release any type of photos regarding the autopsy, but they should release the report. I have a bad feeling that it won't be. For some reason the judge seems to have a lot of compassion for the Anthony's. I can't wait until some of that compassion is shared with the fact that the only victim here is Caylee.:behindbar

I don't think they said the results would cause anguish,but the media rehashing and all the public discussions over the results .
BTW there was an autopsy done after my son committed suicide and I have never read,nor would I ever want to read the report.The very thought of it causes me great anguish. Please no responses :blowkiss: Just my own experience.

I can't believe the autopsy report is 20-30 pages. Now the Anthony's are claiming they never read them.
Just like in the deposition Cindy claimed she hadn't read all of the discovery and had not seen all of George'e LE interviews...but, she had certain pages of discovery memorized. IMO, she has read every single piece of discovery that has been released, autopsy report included. Their resistance in having the results made public only serve to shine more of a spotlight on these documents.

It states, in the WFTV article, that George and Cindy have not seen the autopsy results...why am I having trouble believing that ? If they really have not seen the reports, I don't understand the amount of protest over the release. IMHO, they HAVE seen these reports. I also don't buy the excuse that the release will cause "anguish" for Cindy and George...this is once again about Casey, Cindy and George (did I mention the Foundation ?).

I suspect someone told them what was in it.

I am ashamed of myself for laughing inside but I think they actually made it worse! Now, instead of being released with 1000 other pages so the media and bloggers and public have 1000 pages to talk about and discuss, it will most likely be released BY ITSELF once the motion is denied. All by it's lonesome in between major dumps to an information thirsty public giving them nothing but the report to talk about. HAHAHAHAHA

Released with 1000 other pages it is a segment crowded with other info from the dump on Nancy Grace, but released on it's own it will be it's own whole show. If not release until trial, the suspense will have been unbearable and once it comes out, will be the focus of all eyes and attention when it finally makes it out of the Anthony hidey-hole. They constantly bring more attention to the things they try to hide and I actually may want to see the autopsy report all on it's own. Will allow me to focus more on the evidence at hand instead of tearing thru it to read the other 1000 pages.

Brilliant post.

:blowkiss:

You know the autopsy report will likely be released after arguments are heard and the Sentinel is able to respond (as they were not noticed again). You could not have envisaged this any better if you had been looking into a crystal ball! We'll get the tox reports and whatever else is contained in the 950 or so pages today and it will set the groundwork for the autopsy report which will likely be released within days of the hearing. Once the autopsy report is released we will have the stage set for what we will read and there will be nothing else to distract from the report.

Also, I think you were spot on with your comments about the A's bringing more attention to that which they seek to hide!

[

I can't believe the autopsy report is 20-30 pages. Now the Anthony's are claiming they never read them.

Hi Baxter, I remember Michelle Young's autopsy report and it also had approx 16 pages or so which we thought was allot. There was even talk when it came out that it was not as complete as AR's usually are. A report has many different parts and is not just an intro and conclusion. It included several pages of drawings for instance.

Sp to me 20-30 pages seems normal. The thoroughness of the ME will also be reflected in how extensive the report is. One thing we know about Caylee's ME, Dr G, is how totally dedicated she is to finding the truth on the behalf of the victim which is why she doesn't stop until she finds her answers. Here she might not have the exact COD, but there will be hard cold facts from which she has drawn her conclusions. All those facts will be in that report IMO.

I totally agree with first paragraph, again. ;) In fact, I'll go so far as to say well done! :applause: :applause: :applause:

As for the 2nd, I am so sorry; I did not mean to make you feel bad at all and I think this case makes us all a tad frustrated. Believe it or not, in the rw, I just plain don't get angry. Pretty much never. And I've never heard my husband raise his voice in anger; rarely when not angry, as in 'Can you bring me ____?' Very, very peaceful here. But those people, the Anthony's of Hopespring Drive, sometimes just make me almost as crazy as they have made each other.

But if I thought for a second JAB was going to sell them... I'd consider doing just about anything to get them out to the public for free before he could get paid. That disgusts me so much; the selling of the baby they claim they love.

No! It is okay! Don't be sorry! Not long after I said it I felt bad for doing so and knew that I was saying it out of anger. We are very peaceful here too. We live in a very military town where it is not always the popular standpoint, but I teach my kids to be practitioners of non-violence and they are not allowed to play with violent toys. We are against the death penalty, but this case has tested me many times. When hearing about duct tape for instance. The more I have thought about this the more I can't imagine why these people continue to protect the person who murdered their grandbaby.

If they truly believed in her innocence they would have everything public knowledge that could possibly point to the innocence of their daughter and they would be out in the streets daily demanding justice and that the real killer be found. Poor, poor Caylee. She never had a chance. Thank goodness for all of us and all of the people outside of her family who stand for justice and do the work the family should be doing for Caylee. If I were the A's the only thing I would be saying for KC is that I would be trying to get help for her obviously defective little mind.

~bolded by me~
Maybe you can use your own love of your granchildren to recognise that trauma like this breaks a person. Maybe all love and positive characteristics that the anthonys had disappeared along with Caylee...because she was their reason for being and brought out the best in them.
(btw- I voted that the autopsy should be released- hurt feelings isnt a good enough reason to block the release).
PS: Your grandkids are lucky to have someone like you in their lives.

I understand trauma being able to break a person. The point of my comment was that it would surely break me and leave an empty shell.

If all love and positive characteristics that the Anthony's had disappeared along with Caylee, what remains is not emptiness. It is self centered and very dark with not the first evidence of respect or concern for the memory of Caylee. Even the "memorial" for their granddaughter was more about them and their murdering daughter than Caylee.

In my opinion this motion to block the autopsy result's release is also self centered and dark to prevent awareness of how horrible the manner of Caylee's death must have been.

Thank you for your kind words of my granddaughter's being lucky, but it is me who has been blessed.

At the risk of being labeled an Anthony sympathizer...I think the autopsy should be sealed. I don't care if the Anthony's think it should or not, I think that out of respect for Caylee, there is no reason to release it to the public so people can gawk over it. We all know KC murdered dear Caylee and there is PLENTY of evidence to convict KC. Why do we need to hash and rehash Caylee's autopsy for months until trial?

I'm just one of twenty who agrees with the Anthonys on this one. <quiver>

I have read enough of your posts to be confident in saying that I do not think you are an Anthony sympathizer, and I may be speaking out of turn since I have not read the motion (because I refuse, for my own mental health to listen to their nonsense they spout any longer) but from what I have read here, the Anthony's reasoning behind wanting it sealed, as usual, has nothing to do with respect for Caylee, but as usual, their own selfish need for the spotlight and the sympathy I believe they no longer deserve. Yes, it is a horrible thing that they lost their grand daughter but one can only sympathize so much with a family that shows unwavering support for the well being of the murderer over justice for that precious baby.

Prosecutors are expected to release hundreds of pages of documents to the public Friday in the case against Casey Anthony, but not the autopsy report on Caylee Anthony's remains.

In a motion made public Thursday, Anthony's parents, George and Cindy Anthony, are asking that prosecutors be restricted from releasing the autopsy on the little girl, whose remains were discovered Dec. 11 in east Orange County. They were found less than a mile from the Anthony home.

Orange Circuit Court Stan Strickland issued an order late Thursday that will delay the release of the autopsy reports, which were expected to be made public on Friday, until the issue is addressed in court. He wants to hear from the media about the Anthonys' request.

"For reasons unknown to the court the motion was served only upon the State Attorney's Office," Strickland wrote in the order. "The real party in interest in this matter is the various news media."Casey Anthony, 23, is charged with first-degree murder in the death of Caylee.

"George and Cindy Anthony are respectfully asking . . . to restrict the release of the autopsy results," according to the motion. "The information contained within the report will cause great anguish to the Anthony family, still struggling with the loss of their only granddaughter. . .

"Releasing the autopsy report to the media at this point in time causes endless comment and speculation in the media and public forums, such as the Internet. The publication of these results has already been the topic of countless television programs despite the fact that the actual autopsy report has not been released."

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...thony-autopsy-documents-61109,0,5615388.story

Initially I thought the "failure to notice" the appropriate parties, was simply incompetence on the part of the defense. Now we see a definite pattern here, with any new evidence or actions on the part of SA. I'm truly suspicious that Baez et al keep doing this because it keeps working for them & gives them time :banghead:

This could go on ad infinitum as a ploy to avoid the inevitable. Well then there was the back problem with BC, we won't even go there . .

I simply won't waste one more minute of my time or empathy on what the A's want or don't want.
Since there is no one who can actually be called a 'family' standing for Caylee in all the legal hullabaloo, the public at large has taken over that role. So, as the stand-in-family, I feel those who respect little Caylee have more moral right to see those results than her own biological family does.
I don't know if I will read them or not, in a way they really will cause hurt and anguish, not to the A's, but to those who are doing their best to honour Caylees memory. It would be like reading the autopsy results for a family member who has passed away. BUT I feel the public, more than her own family, has the right to make that choice for themselves.

First, IMO....BC, after his motion, made a comment to the effect of "there are no bombshells", etc. in the autopsy report....so, obviously, BC filed the motion (IMO, PURPOSELY the wrong way) on a "whim" because the A's said so????
AND, he mentions he wants them released in court, where a coroner can "explain" the results....just WHO in the heck does he think analyzed the remains and wrote the report, Inspector Clouseau?????

ETA : These frivolous motions filed about "embarrassment" and "anguish" to KC and the A's get me soooo steamed that you can froth milk for a cappucino with it!!!

Conway filed the motion on behalf of George and Cindy to restrict the autopsy release, because he wants the results either during trial or a hearing so that a coroner can explain them. Conway also says George and Cindy have not seen the autopsy results by their own choice.

The documents that will be released Friday will contain Caylee's toxicology results and police interviews. WFTV.com will work to post the documents as soon as they become available

http://www.wftv.com/news/19725145/detail.html

Bold is mine

They don't remove memorials either, in fact, have never been to the remains site.

Just like in the deposition Cindy claimed she hadn't read all of the discovery and had not seen all of George'e LE interviews...but, she had certain pages of discovery memorized. IMO, she has read every single piece of discovery that has been released, autopsy report included. Their resistance in having the results made public only serve to shine more of a spotlight on these documents.

My thoughts exactly! She read every word and took notes I am sure.

I personally don't think that the A's should have a say-so in whether the autopsy report is released. After all, the "Sunshine Laws" apply. IIRC JB had an opportunity to gag order this case and didn't do so. I understand that the autopsy report will cause anguish, and I don't mean to sound cruel and callous in saying this, but I'm tired of the focus being on the A's.

While the autopsy report may not specifically define the COD, it will show the shape that the remains were in by the time LE found the body. The time and effort that LE and investigators took in locating and finding these remains was outstanding. The autopsy will show just how Caylee was found, and once we are able to read it, we will really be able to see the full picture. The autopsy report may not reveal any drugs in her system, chloroform, cause of death, etc... but it will detail the disarticulated nature of her remains, which in my opinion is just horrific.

I think that the A's are not wanting the public to see and fully realize that Caylee's mother murdered her and then left her for many months to become in that condition - JMO. The A's are all about the A's - not about Caylee.

I am curious as to BC's wording that George and Cindy have not seen the autopsy results by their own choice. To me, that could mean either that they did not see the results or they did see the results but they had no choice. Could that be a play on words which we are all to familiar with in this case? I may have missed this if it was already discussed or I am reading too much into things.:banghead:

After reading all the posts, I have to wonder if the same people who are adamant about seeing the autopsy report of Caylee are also as adamant about the autopsy report of Sandra Cantu? I'm trying to figure out if it is because there is more respect for the Cantu family, where there is very little (next to none) for the Anthonys?

I know there is a gag order in the SCantu case and therein may be the difference. I also wonder how gag orders affect the Sunshine laws in the State of Florida?

Someone should have told JB to be careful what he wished for when he opposed the gag order in this case. I think the autopsy report will be released next week.

I think they anguish the A's will experience from the release of the autopsy reports is related to the hit it will take to their credibility...again. They had no problem talking about the autopsy results on LKL.

This is the latest feeble attempt at garnering themselves some media time IMO.

Could someone help me out here? I was under the assumption that the original gag order requested by the State would cover the attorneys on both sides. IIRC, the judge even mentioned at the hearing that George and Cindy wouldn't be included in the order. I don't think that the gag order ever applied to the release of discovery under the Sunshine Laws.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JR Rainwater