NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, Allegedly sold by mother 11/10/09 #27

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM

Regarding the BBM Part: This is interesting. Are you speaking of someone other than AD? Like as in someone was with MAM after Shaniya was handed off to him?
I never thought that. Just curious as to what you think about it.

Yes I am talking about AD for sure. She is an accessory and was not charged as such.

Bumping for Shaniya!

We will never forget you baby.

Bumpity Bump Bump baby girl

Welcome Jetaime.

There is just so much more media fodder with Florida's sunshine law. Without it, they quickly run out of things to report/discuss/sensationalize. That's the biggest boon to coverage of Caylee and Haleigh. (IMO)

I have to agree....I don't think that we have that much more crime in Florida...but we do have the sunshine laws that let people be virtual detectives/insiders

our nightly news is people standing in front of a courtroom getting arraigned everything is shown on tv....records and documents are on all the news sites
and then we hear the 911 call, read the autopsy report...very open and it
keeps the interest going JMO

I worry that Shaniya's case is going on the backburner...when they let AD out on that low bail that was just a disgrace IMHO

I would love to read the social services reports but they say that will take a "year" and I guess in NC it is "confidential". Too much being swept away here

When I look at her name & face in the WS forum, I doesn't forget about you, Shaniya. You always in my thoughts.

dont they have felony murder in nc? if so, why isnt monser mom charged with it?

As to why no one is standing in front of her aunt's house protesting??? I haven't a clue. You would think the locals would know where she is...the info has been supplied in the media.

I expected the same thing, and drove over there as soon as the release hit the news. There was no one in sight, and as much as I would have loved to do that, Im scared of that street. The next time I went, there were men outside moving stuff and doing yardwork and stopped and looked at me 'threateningly' for looking at the house. There was also something 'sketchy' going on next door, know what I mean? They have obviously been harassed, there are now 'no trespassing' signs up everywhere. They also have a new mobile storage pod thing, I assume its to keep AD's belongings.

However, I expect some local hellraising at the court hearing, and I will be there for that. But I cannot recommend any locals hanging around that neighborhood.

dont they have felony murder in nc? if so, why isnt monser mom charged with it?

NC does recognize the felony murder doctrine, but only in the case of certain felonies or attempted felonies, or in the case of felonies involving use of a deadly weapon. The list of felonies includes arson, rape/sexual offenses, robbery, kidnapping and burglary.

Man gets probation for collecting money in slain girl's name
Posted: 10:53 a.m. Thursday
<snipped>
Donald Lee Roddy Jr., 36, of Hypony Lane in Parkton, was arrested on Nov. 18 and charged with obtaining property by false pretense. Police said he was using Shaniya's name to collect money from drivers on McPherson Church and Skibo roads.

Roddy pleaded not guilty to the charge on Tuesday, but his lawyer, Larry McGlothlin, said that Roddy wouldn't resist a guilty verdict to a reduced charge of attempted misdemeanor larceny. A judge sentenced Roddy to a year of unsupervised probation and ordered him to pay a $100 fine and perform 10 hours of community service.

McGlothlin said the case was a misunderstanding, that Roddy was only trying to help raise money for Shaniya's funeral and didn't believe he was doing anything wrong.

Article:
http://www.wral.com/news/news_briefs/story/7300433/

:angel:

So many people benefit or try to - from these awful circumstances.
Shaniya - you are now safe and in a much better place.

I agree...so much! This little girl affected me more than anything, ever. I dont know why, but she did. Maybe its because we watched it play out and saw that awful picture of the hotel elevator, I will never look at them the same way again. Maybe its the fact that every adult in her life failed her, and there again...this happens all the time.Maybe it was the night and day images of her little life. Why is she different? I think she is meant to be. I think she will make a difference. I know it seems bleak right now, but I have faith that her life and death will not be in vain.

I too think of this angel still everyday. I know I haven't been on here in a while to show my support, she still runs through my mind daily. Honestly, she has touched my life more than anyone ever has. It's because of Shaniya I have chosen what type of field in my career I want to be in: to help save children from abusive homes, to help testify against those who hurt the young and innocent. Its because of Shaniya I know what I want to do with my career, so she has definitely changed my life and has definitely affected me. And I know she's doing that for others and I continue to ask God for her justice here on earth. Sadly, it's true that little white kids get more coverage, and although Shaniya was cuter than all of them, I think a lot of the stall does have to do with waiting on AD and MAM's next trial dates. But I'm here waiting and I will look forward to their sentencing.

Thinking of Shaniya today.
Still waiting not so patiently for justice.

I wish it was a "NOT YET" I fear it is a not happening :(

Songline I understand how you feel. But I truly feel there is a task force working on child sex trafficking in the area and I pray those involved in Shaniya's case will be a part of that bust.

It truly does ttake a village to raise a child. Lets be the village voice for the next Shaniya out there.

Eamil and snail mail all of our NC reps. From govenor to senator to AG to local Fayetteville. Especially military and retired military in and around Bragg. Tell them you have served our counrty for years, been permanently injured and killed protecting out country from the kinds of injustices that occur against innocent children all around the world- and you will NOT tolerate it here in the United States. People, we have a voice. Let not let Shaniya get lost in the shuffle. It takes a little effort- but keep sending the emails- keep sending the snail mail. Keep telling them you are not voting for ANYONE who does not publicly and firmly continue to pursue and prevent child sex trafficking in the United States of America.

Peace, Shaniya baby. We are all still working hard for your justice.

Oriah.

I remember they were having a hard time trying to figure out what the right charges for AD would be.
Thank GOD it's not everyday someone pimps out their little girl and she is murdered by a . You know?
So, maybe they will charge her with something else. IDK

I just really don't think she will walk in a few years.
I really think she will serve A LOT of time for this.

And, like I said in a previous post, if she doesn't, we all need to protest.

I'm in Louisiana, but would be more than willing to make the drive to let my voice be heard for this precious little girl.

As far as I'm concerned, AD is just as guilty as MAM for Shaniya's death.

Esp since I found out MAM was in that house the night before and Shaniya's brother said Shaniya drank "water" out of a cup and got really sleepy.

IMO AD knew exactly what was going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member