***SPOILER ALERT*** Imperfect Justice by Jeff Ashton - CONTENT DISCUSSION

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap...I95PZg?docId=3c567429806f4ce5ac3641944c98445f

"Having read several of the comments Mr. Ashton makes in his new book, I am both surprised and somewhat disappointed he has chosen to attack me on a personal level," Baez said. "Without going into specific detail, I will say only that many of his accusations are absolutely false."

No, go into specific detail Jose. Please go ahead and tell us which ones are false and which aren't.

I'm eagerly awaiting the arrival of my copy! Thanks for the spoilers. I'm sure nothing said here will lessen my need to take in the entire book. It makes me want to read it more!

So far, nothing said by Ashton disagrees with what we were all saying during those 3 years which culminated in the worst jury decision ever.

I'm really glad that Jeff has come out and said that he didn't believe the death penalty should have been reinstated.

I think that was the problem all along for the jury, they didn't believe in it and certainly not in this case.

And I have to agree, I never thought that the death penalty should have been an option, no matter if it was justly deserved.

No death penalty and no Lyons, no Finnell, no Bolin, no death penalty motions, no opportunity for Baez and Mason to take the high moral ground. It put the prosecution in a dangerous position and probably lost them the trial. Lesson learned for everyone I think.

I don't think it can be overstated in how important Bolin was in helping pick the jury.

But Ashton did say that it would have made no difference to this jury. They had other options and could have voted for second degree murder or even manslaughter. They chose not to.

I think Ashton's comments about the jury selection and this jury are what I like the most. They didn't show any emotion even when they saw a comp. demonstration of the duct tape on Caylee's nose and mouth.

My my my. No wonder she is in disquise and hiding. It's not sleuthers she is scared of. GA murdered Caylee? GA molested Caylee?

FCA may very well be in hiding the rest of "his" life.

Oh yes, these false allegations against her father (which they must have known JA would reveal) must be the reason why the defense keeps saying, she is in danger, please protect her.......blah blah blah......and sucking the court and probation office into believing it.

My blood is boiling.

I just checked Amazon! My book left New Castle Delaware which is less than an hour away! :great: I should get it today! Too bad I have to work. I probably won't check back here til I start reading.

"Cheney wanted Casey to talk to him about entering a plea. At first Jose was not on board with the idea, but he had come around and was atleast entertaining it. On Saturday, June 25, we approached the bench and moved to a back room with Judge Perry. There, Cheney told us that Casey refused to even listen to the idea of a plea."

Someone just tweeted:
Everyone tune into the Today Show later this hour - Casey Anthony Prosecutor Jeff Ashton will give 1st intv on his book "Imperfect Justice"

"Cheney wanted Casey to talk to him about entering a plea. At first Jose was not on board with the idea, but he had come around and was atleast entertaining it. On Saturday, June 25, we approached the bench and moved to a back room with Judge Perry. There, Cheney told us that Casey refused to even listen to the idea of a plea."

OK so I haven't left yet..this book will take me forever to read because I will want to go back and compare the trial threads of certain dates to see what we were seeing and saying. Maybe I'll read it first then go back...

But Ashton did say that it would have made no difference to this jury. They had other options and could have voted for second degree murder or even manslaughter. They chose not to.

Very true, can't play the what if game but I'm thinking of all the things that would have been different had it not been an option, it certainly would have gone to trial a lot sooner and there would have been 12 different people on the jury.

Ashton.." In the wake of the verdict, a frequent criticism has been that the state attorny should not have made this a capital case. Of course the obvious problem with this logic is that they jury would have been fully within its right to reject first-degree murder in favor of a lesser murder conviction that did not carry the death penalty. This verdict, however, was not the work of a jury that was concerned about the punishment;instead, this decision was the work of a jury who didn't believe she deserved to be punished at all. "

:((

I'm glad JA is being tough on Leonard Padilla. I will go to my grave wondering how differently this would have ended if he hadn't bailed Miss Modsnip out.

(Speaking of which, I'm glad our dear mods weren't able to snip Jeff's manuscript, I fear a lot of it wouldn't have seen the light of day.) :floorlaugh:

That tells me everything I need to know about Casey Anthony.
'Gall':
a. Bitterness of feeling; rancor.
b. Something bitter to endure:
c. Outrageous insolence; effrontery; absolute arrogance.

I'm mid chapter 5, so far not much past day 31. at least this part pisses me off and doesnt make me cry but I keep putting it down cause I dont know, I dont wanna hear about the moro--uh, I mean the jurors, at all.

So many MANY modsnippy cusswords are tumbling around in my brain right now...

In some ways, its a crying shame that the defense did not go with the entire "nucleus lie" theory. I am not sure the jury would have bought it... ok strike that. They most likely would have. But I would like to have seen ALL the lies come to light in trial.

I am so very very glad Jeff wrote this book. Miss Modsnips money makin' days are O.V.E.R. He has pipped her at the post. HA. HA. HA.

(Have I mentioned that I hate her? OT I know. But I do.)

I am sitting here, just thinkin'. I hope JB is enjoying his THWART CAKE. No I dont! I hope he is CHOKING ON IT!

Every page he turns is nice big bite :)

That makes me giddy.

The fact that Casey was so committed to the drowning explanation makes me wonder if that was the actual cause of death--Casey drowning her. Would explain the cadaver dog hit near the pool, the ladder down. Duct tape could have been to cover up screaming that could be heard by neighbors.

What does Ashton say--asphyxiation by means of the duct tape itself?

The fact that Casey was so committed to the drowning explanation makes me wonder if that was the actual cause of death--Casey drowning her. Would explain the cadaver dog hit near the pool, the ladder down. Duct tape could have been to cover up screaming that could be heard by neighbors.

What does Ashton say--asphyxiation by means of the duct tape itself?

Casey saying that the upper half of George's body was wet but not the lower implying that he stood outside the pool and drowned Caylee makes me wonder whether Casey did just that.

Yeah, if you believe that in every lie there is some truth, Casey Anthony could have drowned her deliberately - I think there is every indication that she did do this. Thinking on it, she was made to have that evaluation pretty quickly, possibly before her parents visited and she heard what stories were out there - So where did her story re the drowning come from if not from a true account of what happened only it wasn't George it was Anthony herself doing the drowning. All this could still tie in with chloroform usage as well, she may have drugged Caylee before putting her in the pool.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back