NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think what is making this so difficult to find her is that her body *WARNING GRAPHIC* is chopped up from that wood chipper. I hope they find her. :(

They have ruled out the woodchipper dog hits:
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5690772#post5690772"]NC NC - Zahra Claire Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 # 10 - Page 23 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

You meet people every day that you have a complete lack of emotion and be monotone when making a 911 call about their missing daughter? It's not the sound of his voice that I'm speaking of, rather, the lack of emotion and inflection in his tone.

Not to mention failing to mention her name or what she looks like, or perhaps ask them to hurry.

In a true emergency that silent spot where she was looking for the previous call would seem like an eternity.

Which one of them came up with this cover story I wonder?

Why do they always think it has to be so elaborate I wonder? The more elaborate the more they think it's believable?

C'mon mang. (kat using her Scarface impression)

WTH? Sheesh. Poor Zahra. :(

That was one of the parts that stood out to me. He knows in great detail that the ransom note was placed on his company vehicle, addressed to his boss, supposedly to lure everyone out of the house to steal the boss's daughter (ending up with Z due to mistaken identity), and him and the boss have even discussed who it might be like an ex employee

BUT when asked why someone would take the boss's daughter, he says he has no idea. It was a ransom note for a million dollars. The motive supposedly is money. How is he suddenly clueless about that.

Except that the note is to establish mistaken identity, so the ransom cash motive slipped his mind because it is not relevant to this story.

IRH. Do you think this ruse ... was that they thought Mr. Boss would front the money to get Zahra back and they wanted to collect the million?

Good lord my head is spinning.

I'm kind of surprised that the dispatcher didn't ask for more information about Zahra. Isn't it standard procedure to ask the name of the child,what the child was wearing, a description of the child including ht, wt, hair color?

Well darn it! I so terribly wanted to believe the dad was innocent. I just listened to that 911 call and well, I can't believe he's innocent anymore no matter how hard I try.

I could almost see EB standing there next to him as he made the call, making motions to him to stop talking when he got ready to say whatever his boss told him...and coaching him "oh yeah be sure you say this...and that"....

He totally knew about it. She had been gone awhile. I wish this weren't true, but sigh.... that call totally closed the book on this to me.

Just arrest him already and water board them both until they tell you where precious little Zahra is. :banghead:

MOO :cow::cow:

We have family from OZ so I don't think it's the accent that is getting me. My 40yo brother is HFA/Aspergers and AB is so much like him it's unreal. Right down to the fascination with video gaming. THEY could be brothers.

My brother called 911 after his step -sons attempted suicide.... He was UNRESPONSIVE. I was standing right there and you seriously would have thought he was ordering a pizza. It's a key characteristic to the disorder ... no matter what a complete lack of emotion. They are also extremely naive.

It is not that he is calm in and of itself.
I am not a screamer or crier either.

Calming stating:

My daughter has been kidnapped.
I need help right now.
Send someone to (insert address)
I am going to go look for her (click).

Sounds like a calm person who wants to find their child.

It is the content the focus being the story of how she is missing being his main intent of the call versus getting help to find her. That is what everyone is focused on, imo.

It's one thing to be a laid back aussie, he's making a report as if his surfboard was stolen not his daughter. No matter how laid back you are his reaction is not trustworthy.

Seriously! I don't care how laid back anyone is (no matter what country they are from) or how differently they react, I would expect something resembling panic or maybe fear in his voice and I heard NOTHING that came even close!

I still can't believe that after finding a ransom note stating that his bosses daughter had been kidnapped that the first thing ANY parent would do would be to check on their own child.

It's MO especially after hearing that 911 call that the plan was to make it look like Zahra was taken by mistake, but for whatever reason they just couldn't pull it all together to make it sound believable.

and what's up with the "WE checked in there last night about 2:30 and she was there" *WE*.. so he is saying that at 2:30 in the morning the 2 of them 'checked in there'...also AB says Zahra only comes out when she wants something @ 10 yrs old! :furious:...when is all this homeschooling going on then?

OMG..What did they do to and with this poor baby? :furious:..I'm honestly almost afraid to find out....

IRH. Do you think this ruse ... was that they thought Mr. Boss would front the money to get Zahra back and they wanted to collect the million?

Good lord my head is spinning.

No, I don't think that at all.
Just noting that they never even mentioned it.
The entire focus of the information is to spell out that a stranger has their child and this is how it happened.

If this scenario actually happened and shred of it was the truth wouldn't have you have been asking the police to help convince the "kidnappers" that you would meet the demands in the ransom. He never mentions the ransom because it isn't on his list of important items, it is irrelevant and he knows it.

I'm kind of surprised that the dispatcher didn't ask for more information about Zahra. Isn't it standard procedure to ask the name of the child,what the child was wearing, a description of the child including ht, wt, hair color?

I'm not sure the dispatcher believed what she was hearing. I mean if we didn't know she was missing and you heard that call...I think I might have thought it was a prank.

I honestly think AB is just not that bright. I still am on the fence about his involvement (don't hit me.) It really seems to me like EB was in charge of everything. From taking care of Zahra to controlling what AB said and did. He left his life in Aus. for this woman. Took his daughter away from her family/friends. I have no doubt he thought he found someone who was going to take care of him and his daughter. He ignored the abuse because he wanted this woman to stick around.

His call sounds like someone who was inexperienced talking to authority. I was a bumbling idiot on the phone well into my 20's, even after I was a mother, because my mother always did everything for me. EVERYTHING. She'd call my bank if I had questions about my account. She wrote my first year english papers for me in college. It was crazy.

It sounds like he called his boss to find out who would write a ransom note like that and then take his daughter (the boss then saying to file a report) EB putting these thoughts in his head because she knew he'd fall for it.

JMHO

No, I don't think that at all.
Just noting that they never even mentioned it.
The entire focus of the information is to spell out that a stranger has their child and this is how it happened.

If this scenario actually happened and shred of it was the truth wouldn't have you have been asking the police to help convince the "kidnappers" that you would meet the demands in the ransom. He never mentions the ransom because it isn't on his list of important items, it is irrelevant and he knows it.

I didn't phrase my question correctly. Do you think it's possible that they wanted to see if they could later collect the money because they thought Mr. Boss man would come up with the money once it was realized that Zahra was taken instead of Boss' daughter. Probably not, but it popped into my head if that was going to be part of the game plan if LE had come out there and believed what this couple was saying....too complicated IMHO.

Was odd that he went into the narrative about how the kidnappers must have used the fire and ransom note to sneak in and get Zahra. S-P-E-L-L-I-N-G it out so that LE would "get it" as if LE were "stupid". KWIM?

I'm really po'ed about this latest news today. Oof. JMHO.

We have family from OZ so I don't think it's the accent that is getting me. My 40yo brother is HFA/Aspergers and AB is so much like him it's unreal. Right down to the fascination with video gaming. THEY could be brothers.

My brother called 911 after his step -sons attempted suicide.... He was UNRESPONSIVE. I was standing right there and you seriously would have thought he was ordering a pizza. It's a key characteristic to the disorder ... no matter what a complete lack of emotion. They are also extremely naive.

That's interesting. Sorry about your brother. Perhaps AB suffers from it, but anger and trying to run someone off the road is showing emotion in a way. I don't know enough about AB, but am horrified that he dragged his daughter into what he did.

Perhaps, but how old was your daughter? I can see this working for a young child, but not a ten year old. EB didnt have a night job....I know some teens will sleep 12 hours a day and some very young children, but a ten year old? Maybe you are right, but I dont think its likely. I know everyone is different, but I know there is no way my ten or eleven year old, or 8 year old for that matter are going to stay in their rooms for 12 hours without food, or the bathroom at the very least....not likely at that age is all Im saying....

The problem with any of these points is that we don't know what EB is saying to AB. He may have been told she was up while he was out and that Z had decided to go back to bed, so we really don't know that Z was in the room for 12 hours. I get the sense that he is very laid back and does what EB tells him and believes whatever EB tells him.

In regards to the ransom note, we don't know that he saw the note or at what time it was determined to have been written by EB.

If Z was no longer going to school and things were deteriorating at home she may have developed depression in which case it would be easy for Z to have stayed in her room all the time. (As a sufferer of depression that is easy to do and yet when having to be in public no one would know you just put on a good face often).

Zahra being a polite, thoughtful girl I would imagine would do the same so no one else worried.

In my opinion I believe AB doesn't really know what is going on (could be wrong) and that the fire was to draw attention to the note and that the police would then search the house to find Zahra missing.

It would then become a case of mistaken identity.

:eek: this didn't happen so EB had to come up with some other way to report her missing.

:eek: EB was stupid enough to write the note in her own hand without any attempt to hide her particular style.

:smiliescale: in regards to the abuse claims, seeing who has made them it is really difficult to verify their legitimacy.

:detective: what we do need it more info on sightings during the last 2-3 weeks confirmed outside of the family.

:banghead: I find it sooooooooooo frustrating that these kids are now going missing seemingly off the face of the earth without a trace. I fear it is going to be new trend to leave reporting as long as possible to minimise tracking and evidence.

This and the Kiesha case are the two that I have been following and it is tearing my heart apart how these two girls can disappear without a trace. I hope with all my heart that they are found alive (I know it isn't likely) and found soon and the culprits put behind bars forever.

I am a very calm person under pressure and have made many calls to 911 (rowdy teenage son and daughter with Epilepsy) and I have never been hysterical during a call. Even so, I don't converse with the operator like I've know him/her for 20 years or make "cutesy" inappropriate remarks or giggle during an emergency either!

Something tells me AB was being "prepped" for Z's disappearance for quite some time. Homeschooling (but not filing to do it legally), "we only see her when she wants something" from dad, neighbors never even knew there was a little girl living there :waitasec:

What a huge mess :sick:

Even a little 'Can you get someone out here quickly' would ease the stab in the heart pain when listening to that call, ya know?

I honestly think AB is just not that bright. I still am on the fence about his involvement (don't hit me.) It really seems to me like EB was in charge of everything. From taking care of Zahra to controlling what AB said and did. He left his life in Aus. for this woman. Took his daughter away from her family/friends. I have no doubt he thought he found someone who was going to take care of him and his daughter. He ignored the abuse because he wanted this woman to stick around.

His call sounds like someone who was inexperienced talking to authority. I was a bumbling idiot on the phone well into my 20's, even after I was a mother, because my mother always did everything for me. EVERYTHING. She'd call my bank if I had questions about my account. She wrote my first year english papers for me in college. It was crazy.

It sounds like he called his boss to find out who would write a ransom note like that and then take his daughter (the boss then saying to file a report) EB putting these thoughts in his head because she knew he'd fall for it.

JMHO

He is accused of running someone of the road.
His neighbors said HE fought with his wife into the middle of the night so loudly it woke them and shook the pictures of their walls.

He lived in this place for six weeks and none of his neighbors ever saw his daughter. He never mentioned her.

He knew his wife was beating her. Everyone knew it.

He is not some shrinking violet or an ostrich with his head in the sand. By his own admission he hadn't laid eyes on a daughter he lived with since Thursday.

This goes way beyond being a bit clueless or naive.

He is very calm while dealing with LE and hasn't gotten himself arrested, yet. He is not stupid by any stretch of the imagination.

imo of course

Hey Guys,

IDK if this has been posted here so I apologize if it already was. Are you all aware that the LE are getting Zahara's medical records all the way from Austrailia? JVM just posted it.

Issues with Jane Velez-Mitchell The search for Zahra Baker goes international! TONIGHT: Shocking new twists and turns as police hunt down little Zahra's medical records all the way in Australia! Will these records crack the case? And we'll play a chilling new 911 call!

http://www.facebook.com/JaneVelezMitchellHLN

JMHO

No one is going to hit you or beat you up for your opinions alpha. :) You're entitled to them just as any of us are entitled to ours too.

Each of us have unique life experiences that we use as filters when we view the world and when we discuss these murder cases and missing children/adults cases.

I respect yours. I might not agree with you but I respect it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chingona361