Searching For Anna - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today, being my own birthday, I cannot help but think about Anna, we share the same birth year. I have been searching for some time for adoptees in Illinois, thinking that it is possible that the adoptee may think they were born there. I have a few leads, nothing concrete yet. I have discovered that Annasmom can register with the Illinois state police registration database through vital records, and can list herself as a birthparent. since she does not know if Anna could have been taken away by GW to Illinois, and could have been internationally adopted, she should be allowed to register. Also, it is sad to say, but Illinois is notorious for several shady adoption houses during the time that Anna was taken. I watch and search all the time, hoping I will find her.
One off the topic note...there is a place there, called Anna, Illinois...wish I could find her there!
I have learned from other adoptees how difficult it is to reconnect if you were adopted out from these shady homes, but the state is lenient in giving records out in these cases, due to the nature of the people who ran these adoption homes, so that is good news~!
Thinking of Anna today...

Today, being my own birthday, I cannot help but think about Anna, we share the same birth year. I have been searching for some time for adoptees in Illinois, thinking that it is possible that the adoptee may think they were born there. I have a few leads, nothing concrete yet. I have discovered that Annasmom can register with the Illinois state police registration database through vital records, and can list herself as a birthparent. since she does not know if Anna could have been taken away by GW to Illinois, and could have been internationally adopted, she should be allowed to register. Also, it is sad to say, but Illinois is notorious for several shady adoption houses during the time that Anna was taken. I watch and search all the time, hoping I will find her.
One off the topic note...there is a place there, called Anna, Illinois...wish I could find her there!
I have learned from other adoptees how difficult it is to reconnect if you were adopted out from these shady homes, but the state is lenient in giving records out in these cases, due to the nature of the people who ran these adoption homes, so that is good news~!
Happy Birthday, INH, and many thanks for your good thoughts. I have been assuming that the National Center and the International Center for Missing and Exploited Children covers all the states, since it is staffed at least partially by law enforcement people.

Happy belated Birthday INH! With the news breaking last week with the commune in TX, I can't help but think could Anna be there?

I'm the neighbor on the farm who lived in the small cottage by the stream. I got the book as soon as Annasmom told me via email that it was available, and I'm a little upset with myself about how much I have forgotten. Some of my lapsed memory I can blame on residual chemo-brain, and some on old age. In particular, I don’t remember the information uncovered as a result of surveillance of the two Georges, and the contents of the Box From Hell. I’d moved to New Mexico, and from there to Pennsylvania, and am now in North Carolina. Today, I want to toss a couple dreams into the pot along with some strange events that may or may not have any relevance.

Annasmom, Annasbro, JoeFord, Sherlock, Doogie, and all you wonderful sleuths, I've just been reading through the threads on the forum here, and am so impressed with everyone's insights and theories, and how you all are working so closely to find Anna. Your sleuthing and reviews of all known facts make it clear that Anna was taken away by somebody. I don't really remember much about that day, it was so chaotic, and all the focus was on searching the flooded stream and the many buildings and barns on the farm. And then with the arrival of the sheriffs and the divers, helicopters, the whole place was teeming with people. Even though I was there that day, in Annasmom's living room with her and Joe, so many details have fled my mind over the years. I do remember Annasmom getting up and saying with a serious look on her face 'I'm not tracking Anna.' And that's when we all started looking around the farm, calling for her. And time turned upside down.

I remember Annasmom telling me about a dream she had, shortly after Anna disappeared, when Anna appeared to her covered in a seaweed-draped shawl. At least it was something like that.

I told Annasmom about a dream I had in which Anna and I were at a big flea market, a huge swap meet in a football stadium, we were walking along the aisles of tables; then the dream shifted and we were in a neighborhood, where the stoops of the row houses came right down to the sidewalk, and as we were walking along we looked up, to our right, and there was an enormous white rabbit on the top step. The rabbit had a large pink rose 'tattooed' on its chest, in its fur. Then I woke up. Years later I saw Carole Bell, a psychic in Albuquerque. At the end of the session I told her I'd lost a good friend, a 5-year-old girl, she looked at me and said right away 'She is OK, she's with the Rose People.' I didn't know what she meant, so she said that the Rose People are like spirits, we can walk right through them. Hmmmm. Maybe she's with a family last name of Rose?

Anna was the only person on the farm who would come and eat liver and onions with me. And a little bacon, of course. She loved to help me measure and count my worms. One worm was so big, we made a special bed for him, and Anna named him King Worm. He had whiskers. She also named my billy goat: Rocky Road Raccoon Flower. Anna was great fun to be with, her giggles were infectious, we had many good laughs together. I hope she is alive and still giggling. Maybe she is a gardener, raising worms somewhere...

Two other things I remember. In Annasmom's kitchen there was a small mirror over the stove, and some time after Anna disappeared I looked at the mirror, and it wasn't my reflection, it was an old mutual friend's face looking back at me. It was the ex-wife of Dr. Dick. Annasmom and I called her on the phone immediately, and we all cried. Later, back down in my little cottage, I walked by the mirror on the bathroom door, and there was NO reflection.

And oh, now I am remembering a Tarot reading over at Jeffrey's in Mill Valley. The reader basically said the cards said Anna was a prisoner of some sort. This was before Jeffrey disowned all of us, the old San Francisco crew. He 'got religion.'

Also I thought the van that the carpenter saw leaving the canyon after he stopped to commune with the horses by the fence at Bud's, that the van was a green panel van with two men in the front seats who waved to him. But I may be mixing this up with the old movie 'The Collector' where the guy drove a green panel van. That movie was scary.

The small footprints in the mud at the bank of the stream by the big barn were probably mine, as I wore little kid size work boots. I remember going there while searching. That barn had a big water wheel around back. I don't remember if my estranged husband was there for the search as we'd split up by then. Annasmom, was he there?

Annasmom, I have had many occasions in my life to remember your words to me on a day we stood on the bridge, leaning on the railing overlooking the stream, you'd been re-reading The Tibetan Book of the Dead, and you turned to me and said, 'These things happen to those of us who can handle it.' We just handle it. There are varying degrees of handling sadness, tragedy, mystery, frustration, anger, confusion. It slips all around, is never static, and is all a part of handling it. You have always been my model for strength, grace under pressure, beauty, talent, and concern for all those around you. Remembering your words helped me handle the nightmare of BC.

I can't help but feel that the two Georges were the schemers behind Anna's disappearance. If anybody can solve this, it will be this great crew here at Websleuths...

Annasmom, I pray you get a call from Anna soon... and Anna, wherever you are, please call your mom

Susapaloosa. WELCOME to websluthes. Your post was of great interest to me. Thank you so much for sharing.

I got goose bumps when you mentioned "the Rose people". Some of us have had a theory , (no proof what-so-ever, but still in the backs of our minds) that Anna and Rose Cole, (a missing teenager in the area at the time) are/were together possibly at the Synanon, or more likely after Rose escaped from there.

Anyway, I really hope you continue to post.

I am thrilled that SP is posting. She certainly was Anna's best Big Friend. Sometimes I think Anna thought of her as her second mother, except that in a way they were more like sisters...very much alike in their creative and whimsical nature and their curiosity about the world around them. In answer to SP's question, I don't remember the ex being there; I'd have to check my diary to see. The dream she describes (not the rabbit--the other one) is very vivid, however, and I think I described it in the book. It was in full color. Someone had given Anna a bath and washed her hair and she was wearing a brown poncho which I had never seen and she was pouting, with her lip stuck out.

Suza, all I can say is WOW...it seems that everyone close to this case has had their own version of dreams, related to Anna. She is a close connection to our hearts. Throughout this work to find Anna, I have recalled with amazing recollection, how many people I know that adopted children at that time. I know so very many people that are exactly my age that are adopted, and I have perused my memory to make sure that none are Anna. I even had friends who had their youngest child pass away,(in the 70s) and her name was Christianna, and she was a brown-eyed blond, but I know for certain that she was their own blood child. (But I have always wanted to ask them to their face, if she was!)
The more people that come together here from all sides of the fence the better we can do to create a scenario of where Anna is. Everyone here is valued and appreciated for whatever they can bring to our discussion, no matter what that is.
The way to find Anna, is together...all-inclusiveness will show her to us!
welcome here to websleuths, we value your input.

This has most likely been covered, but I am researching and need some info...what hospital was Anna born in, or was she born at home, or who was the doctor?

This has most likely been covered, but I am researching and need some info...what hospital was Anna born in, or was she born at home, or who was the doctor?
She was born at the University of California hospital in San Francisco. Her doctor was Dr. Orcutt.

Thank you, was there ever any clarity on which side of Anna's face the mole was on?
The mole was on her right cheekbone, as it appears in the latest NCMEC age progression picture. The website www.searchingforanna.com (maintained by AnnasUnc and the family) is a quick way to check out things like this throughout the day, since I may only be on line once a day. Thank you for working on this.

Thanks again, I did look at the site first, lol, that's why I asked, as I wasn't sure that this was the corrected image, so I thought I might double check, causing my self more confusion rather than less!

This listing in the california birth index has haunted me for quite some time, so maybe someone else can give an idea on it. Is this merely coincidence, or did the Georges do it?
It is listed as the day after(17th) Anna disappeared in (Jan 16)1973, but her birth year. Listing the mother as waters, and the first name unlisted. I have always thought if she had been taken by the Georges that she might have a new birthday of the date she was taken, and her actual year. Oddly enough it appears chronologically a few births above Anna in the index.
Alameda is the county, Oakland is in this county.
WATERS 1967 01 17 WATERS FEMALE ALAMEDA

INH and Annasmom, I'm not familiar with your discussion on the Rosicrucians, however, it has sparked a blip in my memory bank. Annasmom, didn't the farm have a visit from a woman who was Rosicrucian, I couldn't say when exactly, but I DO remember she said this to us: 'The hand that rocks the cradle, rocks the world.' Who was she, who was she visiting, why was she there? Was she wearing a scarf on her head? It seems we sat around under the weeping willow tree... Am I remembering correctly?

~suzapalooza

INH and Annasmom, I'm not familiar with your discussion on the Rosicrucians, however, it has sparked a blip in my memory bank. Annasmom, didn't the farm have a visit from a woman who was Rosicrucian, I couldn't say when exactly, but I DO remember she said this to us: 'The hand that rocks the cradle, rocks the world.' Who was she, who was she visiting, why was she there? Was she wearing a scarf on her head? It seems we sat around under the weeping willow tree... Am I remembering correctly?

~suzapalooza

There was a woman who drove a little old church bus and who hoped to rent one of the houses. I don't remember a Rosicrucian connection, but the woman's name was Cherie. She was an artist and worked with wax and batik.

This listing in the california birth index has haunted me for quite some time, so maybe someone else can give an idea on it. Is this merely coincidence, or did the Georges do it?
It is listed as the day after(17th) Anna disappeared in (Jan 16)1973, but her birth year. Listing the mother as waters, and the first name unlisted. I have always thought if she had been taken by the Georges that she might have a new birthday of the date she was taken, and her actual year. Oddly enough it appears chronologically a few births above Anna in the index.
Alameda is the county, Oakland is in this county.
WATERS 1967 01 17 WATERS FEMALE ALAMEDA

GW does have a sister. Could she have given a child up for adoption around that time?

Hi suzapalooza! Thanks for your recalling of the day Anna disappeared and for contributing to websleuths. It brought me back to the time and place very strongly. I remember king worm very clearly! A quick question - do you think the Rose people be the Rosicrucians? Just thought I would throw that out there.

GW does have a sister. Could she have given a child up for adoption around that time?

No, that did not happen. Waters is a fairly common name, but no babies were given up by this family, at least not voluntarily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288