CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - # 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could the grandson have changed his name to his grandfather's to finagle a loan with grandpa's credit?

Interesting. When the first deed was recorded for AH's house in 1999, he was listed with the Harrod last name. He would have been 21 that year. And as we know, 2 years later in 2001 he filed for bankruptcy.

Could the grandson have changed his name to his grandfather's to finagle a loan with grandpa's credit?

It seems to me that's a good possibility. I am wondering just how many loans have been 'co-signed' on. Do we have the actual documentation for the name change(s)?

Also, since I am on the vehicle kick this weekend- AH's vehicles at the time-do we have the registration, insurance and ownership info for them? A simple yes or no will suffice. :)

Thats a great idea. Right now he is the person who has financially benefited the most, at least that we know via FOIA, from all of this.

Agree.

I have no life as I have been in a frozen state of heartache

I have no trust to go anywhere anymore.

And yet, here are the things she’s been doing lately per her own posts:
  • Softball game
  • Farmer’s market
  • Had an impromptu neighborhood gathering of the man cave, hiccup
  • Adopted a dog
  • Worked in the yard
  • Created a report to track weight losses for herself and others (printed it in word, scanned it to a jpeg, imported it to photobucket.com, copied the link and put it here. Whew!)
  • Averaging 27 posts per day on her community forum
  • “I am doing great, so no complaints here.”

And she has been forgiving others who will not forgive her and generally turning water into wine.

OK enough bitterness from me-it's just that I think about all of the things Bob was set to enjoy and he was robbed of. It makes me so sad.

Thank you Cubby!
So I went to find out more about the Ridgeline today from a Honda mechanic (who knew being in Nascar country would ever come in so handy?? they have some seriously smart mechanics- thank you Randy!) and it is amazing what they can get off of a vehicle. He ran me through the diagnostics and what they would do if there was a question from an insurance co or LE etc.

There in an incredible amount of information retained (think Nascar- they work toward optimum race performance, so they need their vehicles to 'know' exactly what happened- either in an accident, or just every split second of a race, so they can improve.)
Some really, really interesting stuff. Next I guess we have to figure out who owns the rights to that data on the vehicle(s) that may have been involved in Mr. Harrod's disappearance.

Bumping this so we dont lose it.

Getting back to Andrew's name change-did anyone ever find any name change paperwork? It has to be out there. IIRC, JeM changed his name at well. There is a history in the family of jettisoning given surnames I guess.

Getting back to Andrew's name change-did anyone ever find any name change paperwork? It has to be out there. IIRC, JeM changed his name at well. There is a history in the family of jettisoning given surnames I guess.

I did a little research on this also, believe09. The most interesting thing I came across (have not found the actual paperwork yet- not sure if that means it does not exist? Or it's buried?) is that apparently changing your name for usage purposes is no biggie. But legally (if you have filed in a court) it is rather problematic if you change it with the intent to fraud.

Just a thought.

Let's talk jumbo loan requirements-

I am learning a lot about them. What is defined as a Jumbo Loan depends on where you live. In the midwest, it might be anything over 417K. In CA it can be more.

Yorba Linda is in the northeast corner of Orange County CA. In OC, anything over 625,500 is considered a jumbo loan.
LINK HERE

In the go-go years, around 2003 to the middle of 2007, lenders steadily relaxed their standards on jumbo loans to compete for customers. Borrowers easily got jumbo mortgages without having to verify the income stated on their loan applications. Many lenders gave jumbo loans to homebuyers putting just 5 percent down -- for example, buying a half-million-dollar house with $25,000 down, and borrowing the remaining $475,000.
Beginning in August 2007, a credit squeeze scared lenders away from the jumbo market. Jumbos gradually returned, but with tougher requirements. To qualify for a jumbo mortgage today, you should expect:

• To make a down payment of at least 20 percent for a purchase (or have at least 20 percent equity in a refinance).
  • To document your income.
  • To get an adjustable-rate loan, because fixed-rate jumbos are relatively rare.
  • For your monthly mortgage payment to be no more than 38 percent of your income before taxes.
Borrowers who meet those qualifications find that today's rates are attractive. "Yesterday I quoted a $900,000, five-year ARM at 4.25 percent," says Dan Green, loan officer for Waterstone Mortgage in Cincinnati. That loan quote was for a condominium with a down payment of 25 percent.

OK-so the minimum then that Andrew put down on that house was 144K, correct? Because that is the 20 percent requirement.

Now this is someone whose last mortgage with a bank independent of the Harrod trust ended in Bankruptcy. So let's move into the land of hypotheticals...

Andrew didnt pay his mortgage for about 23 months, which gave him roughly 87400.00 provided he didnt spend any of it. So we know that this was not the sole source of his mandatory 20 percent downpayment.

In his deposition that he stated that he had agreed to a new mortgage in 2006 that exceeded his actual debt in the 600k's because his grandfather wanted to keep a cash reserve on hand for when Andrew (inevitably I guess) needed to refinance to get some money. So if you take that sworn deposition at face value, Andrew didnt have the 120+K that was the difference...Bob did. (I am sure that papertrail has been well established. Certainly by the co conservators. Perhaps it was part of the due diligence that brought them to a place where they forgave the debt he owed Bob. Because they found that money.)

So three years after he stopped paying for Windflower, he came up with around 56K or so to satisfy that down payment. Maybe he was thrifty and cut corners on their budget. Maybe he borrowed it from his 401K...

OMG-what if the trust financed the house? No, why would they throw good money after bad, as the saying goes.

I'm going to differ from most of the comments/opinions on the above theory.

My sons godfather is a LO for a mortgage co. Working with him and several family/friends over the years - and everyone sharing their credit score- it was discovered those with a greater amount of assets typically had a lower credit score than those with little money who paid their revolving credit on time.

I don't see Bob as being one to carry revolving credit. I see him as being one to pay cash or pay his credit card balances in full each month, thus he wouldn't be demonstrating carrying the revolving debt which is required for the upper 700's or 800 credit score.

OMG-what if the trust financed the house? No, why would they throw good money after bad, as the saying goes.

Public records indicate a mortgage co financed AH's home. The name of the mortgage company is pretty easy to find. In fact, I think it is listed upthread somewhere.

AH's 2001? bancruptcy is pretty old. I don't know of any mortgage company that would look at a BK that old.

I'm still trying to understand how AH qualified for a convential jumbo loan. FHA loan limit is 625,000. From where I sit, AH does not meet FHA underwriting guidelines.

I'm still going through the FHA info regarding bancruptcy and foreclosure.

The following is from FHA underwriting guidelines:

The borrower has successfully demonstrated the ability to pay housing expenses greater than or equal to the proposed monthly housing expenses for the new mortgage over the past 12-24 months.

http://www.pcmwholesale.com/getform.aspx?id=60

Bankruptcy info for FHA loans begins on page 9. The time is 12-24 mo's after a BK depending on the circumstances.

http://www.pcmwholesale.com/getform.aspx?id=60

Foreclosure: Info begins on page 10:

A borrower whose previous residence or other real property was foreclosed on or has given a deed-in-lieu of foreclosure within the previous three years is generally not eligible.

FWIW, it is easier to qualify for an FHA mortgage than a conventional mortgage. FHA accepts lower credit scores and credit blemishes not acceptable with conventional financing.

Our x factors are how much he financed and what paperwork he had that demonstrated he was paying housing expenses for the past 12-24 months. He moved from Windflower and has been residing elsewhere for a year. Assuming his rent payment was equal to his current mortgage payment, perhaps that was considered acceptable by the bank.

If they were looking for 24 months, well that is trickier for Andrew and the Co Conservators. I want to know how he came up with the 20%.

My point regarding the bankruptcy is that he went from that to private financing with his grandfather. He has a gap unless his constant refinancing is considered proof of his ownership.

How does the quitclaim of 4/25/12 figure into this equation, if it does at all? Supposedly the co conservators have been renting Windflower to someone else for a year. Andrew and TH didnt quit claim the house back for almost a year after they left, and clearly they werent making mortgage payments during that time frame. Where were those rent payments going? To Andrew? To the co conservators?

It is all like a spiders web to me.

Our x factors are how much he financed and what paperwork he had that demonstrated he was paying housing expenses for the past 12-24 months. He moved from Windflower and has been residing elsewhere for a year. Assuming his rent payment was equal to his current mortgage payment, perhaps that was considered acceptable by the bank.

If they were looking for 24 months, well that is trickier for Andrew and the Co Conservators. I want to know how he came up with the 20%.

My point regarding the bankruptcy is that he went from that to private financing with his grandfather. He has a gap unless his constant refinancing is considered proof of his ownership.

How does the quitclaim of 4/25/12 figure into this equation, if it does at all? Supposedly the co conservators have been renting Windflower to someone else for a year. Andrew and TH didnt quit claim the house back for almost a year after they left, and clearly they werent making mortgage payments during that time frame. Where were those rent payments going? To Andrew? To the co conservators?

It is all like a spiders web to me.

BBM: This is why I go back to laundering. Because of the sustaining of all of this. And is it possible that we are missing yet another 'recipient' of Mr. Harrod's money??
Maybe we should try and get the IRS to take a really close look?

Of course none of that helps to locate Mr. Harrod- but I had a thought about that also.

Regarding possible locations of Mr. Harrod... The SD card(s) in phones would contain GPS info. Who was where, when- that sort of thing. They often get replaced into new phones by the phone provider when trying to save info such as contacts, etc. Those providers use computers to do this, usually at a store, and that info is retained on their system.
How can we access that??

I don't know that AH came up with 20%. It's possible he obtained 100% financing with an 80/20 loan. If that's the case the 20% second mortgage may satisfy the 20% down requirement.

I haven't found any online mortgage underwriting guidelines for the specific mortgage co which AH obtained his financing. I did see this same company is hiring a mortgage underwriter very near my residence, making it easier to get information to them regarding the possible mortgage fraud in this case.

For myself, the X factors are the entire loan package submitted to underwriting and if it contains fraudulant information as described below, used to fund or insure the loan. This is an avenue the mortgage company may wish to pursue, or it is an avenue LE may wish to explore.

Mortgage Fraud is defined as a material misstatement, misrepresentation, or omission relied upon by an underwriter or lender to fund, purchase, or insure a loan.

http://www.fbi.gov/news/pressrel/pre...ion-quick-flip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member