Found Deceased MI - Venus Stewart, 32, Colon, 28 April 2010 - # 4 *D. Stewart guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rural road, no through-traffic because Driftwood is a loop--only residents. Possibly choke-hold to subdue her. His description by LE is former Marine, 5'11 and 250 lbs. Venus' description by LE is that she's 5'4 and 130 lbs.
I'll accept he could definitely overpower her, but I still wonder if he could've taken her in another direction instead of to the truck (assuming it was across the street in the field). I just hope everything in the immediate area has been thoroughly searched. MOO

How do we know the truck is in Venus' name?

Hopefully not because two loyal friends told us.

LOL. I needed that.

Douglas still rents an apartment in Newport News. Newport News police found a gray pickup truck near the apartment days after Venus vanished. The truck, belonging to Venus, is similar to one witnesses reported seeing in Michigan around the time she went to the mailbox.http://www.wavy.com/dpp/news/local_news/apparent-blood-in-couples-truck

Michigan State Police said investigators also found a receipt from a Walmart in Ohio inside Douglas Harrie Stewart’s Dodge Ram for a tarp, gloves, shovel and hat purchased April 25, a day before 32-year-old Venus Stewart went missing.
http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2010/05/post_50.html

So BeaneE... Is it his truck or her truck? BTW is reporting just crappy on every major case or is it just me? :waitasec:

LOL. I needed that.

Douglas still rents an apartment in Newport News. Newport News police found a gray pickup truck near the apartment days after Venus vanished. The truck, belonging to Venus, is similar to one witnesses reported seeing in Michigan around the time she went to the mailbox.http://www.wavy.com/dpp/news/local_news/apparent-blood-in-couples-truck

Michigan State Police said investigators also found a receipt from a Walmart in Ohio inside Douglas Harrie Stewart’s Dodge Ram for a tarp, gloves, shovel and hat purchased April 25, a day before 32-year-old Venus Stewart went missing.
http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2010/05/post_50.html

So BeaneE... Is it his truck or her truck? BTW is reporting just crappy on every major case or is it just me? :waitasec:

BBM LOL Yes, it is this crappy! Add that witnesses flub things, try to immerse themselves into the drama and people flat out lie, and the police can make mistakes too, and it's a mess knowing what's true and what's not.

Another search warrant shows that police also found suspected blood during a search of a 1998 Mercury Sable that belongs to Douglas Stewart and that former neighbors of the Stewarts in Schoolcraft reported seeing what was believed to be the Stewarts’ Sable “cruising the neighborhood” April 25.
http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2010/05/tire_marks_where_venus_stewart.html

So they found blood in both vehicles?

Although with this couple, it's possible that there's blood in one or both of those vehicles from a previous fight:

http://www.wwmt.com/articles/margin-1376536-bottom-page.html

"Court records from when Doug filed for divorce in July of 2008 show that Schoolcraft Police responded to the Stewart home at least three times. In June of that year, they found Doug with a bloody nose. He says Venus had hit him in the face five times."

OT but I am trying to find out just how much blood you can lose before dying,and everyone has their own opinion. This is what I remember hearing before, but take with a grain of salt.
According to a retired Los Angeles County sheriff's lieutenant, an expert in crime scene analysis and police procedures, during a crime analysis:

"A healthy person, Clark told jurors, walks around with a total blood volume of roughly 12 pints."
"But for death to occur, he said, a person would have to lose about 4 pints, or two of the same IV bags, worth of blood."
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_much_blood_can_we_lose_before_dying

ETA Blood was found in both vehicles.
Police have identified Douglas Stewart, 29, of Newport News, as the sole person of interest in his wife’s apparent abduction and they disclosed earlier this week that a search of his Dodge pickup truck turned up suspected blood and a receipt for a tarp, gloves, shovel and a hat purchased April 25 from a Walmart in Ohio.

A search warrant executed May 5 shows that the suspected blood was found on the inside of the truck’s driver-side door above the handle.

Another search warrant shows that police also found suspected blood during a search of a 1998 Mercury Sable that belongs to Douglas Stewart and that former neighbors of the Stewarts in Schoolcraft reported seeing what was believed to be the Stewarts’ Sable “cruising the neighborhood” April 25.
http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2010/05/tire_marks_where_venus_stewart.html

MCNEILL: Police have told us that he has -- his lawyer claims that he has two witnesses who will say he was in Newport News, Virginia where he has a home on that morning. And I`m sure that they`re checking those alibis, but so far haven`t shaken them.

John McNeill is the news director for WKZO radio, one of the local media out of Kalamazoo.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1005/03/ng.01.html

TY for finding that. Thats what I meant about us playing the children's game of telephone. It never said "two, loyal friends." We all have to becareful when reading that we don't take people's comments as facts.

If he was a single male living alone, how the heck do his friends know where he's at that early in the morning?

MCNEILL: Police have told us that he has -- his lawyer claims that he has two witnesses who will say he was in Newport News, Virginia where he has a home on that morning. And I`m sure that they`re checking those alibis, but so far haven`t shaken them.

John McNeill is the news director for WKZO radio, one of the local media out of Kalamazoo.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1005/03/ng.01.html

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I knew I'd read that somewhere! Bless your heart! I thought I was going senile!​

- Regarding the tarp wrapper found near the area where the scuffle occurred -​

It is not too difficult for me to believe the tarp wrapper ended up on the ground as Venus was struggling to get away from her abductor. After all, the goal of the person who took Venus was to get her into the cab or back of the truck as quickly as possible and leave immediately.

It is obvious that in their hurry to leave, they failed to notice the tarp wrapper had fallen out of the truck. I sure hope it has Doug's finger prints on it. If not, it will surely have the prints of the person who rang up the sale at WalMart which would tie that tarp wrapper to the receipt for the tarp, hat, gloves and shovel purchased the day before Venus disappeared.

Something else about the logistics of this case--what was the kidnappers plan: to hang out by the woodpile with the truck parked nearby (visibly so?) until Venus emerged from the home alone?

What if she never came out of the house? How random and fortuitous (from the kidnappers POV) is it that she decided to walk out to the mailbox alone early in the morning? (perhaps she was induced to go mail stuff, but how? by whom?)

What if she comes out with one or both of the kids with her? Or one of her parents with her?

How long were they going to stand by the woodpile with the truck parked nearby and hope to escape detection?

My first thought on this case was 'possibly his FIRST intention was to steal one or both of the kids if they came outside. But, not sure how that fits into the scenario. I just wondered if his plan quickly changed when 'she' came out?

I know I'm just 'fishing' here.............. (sort of thinking out loud - or in this case on the computer) ;)

If he was a single male living alone, how the heck do his friends know where he's at that early in the morning?
It's possible his alibi witnesses may place him at home later on in the day, but still within the time frame that it would've been impossible for him to be in MI when Venus was abducted. Just a thought. MOO

- Regarding the tarp wrapper found near the area where the scuffle occurred -​

It is not too difficult for me to believe the tarp wrapper ended up on the ground as Venus was struggling to get away from her abductor. After all, the goal of the person who took Venus was to get her into the cab or back of the truck as quickly as possible and leave immediately.

It is obvious that in their hurry to leave, they failed to notice the tarp wrapper had fallen out of the truck. I sure hope it has Doug's finger prints on it. If not, it will surely have the prints of the person who rang up the sale at WalMart which would tie that tarp wrapper to the receipt for the tarp, hat, gloves and shovel purchased the day before Venus disappeared.
I think it would be sufficient to have the tarp (wrapper) match up with what's on the WalMart receipt to tie the purchases into Venus' abduction. And whoever purchased those items would be on store surveillance. :) MOO

It's possible his alibi witnesses may place him at home later on in the day, but still within the time frame that it would've been impossible for him to be in MI when Venus was abducted. Just a thought. MOO

Yeah, that's what I'm wondering: what times can Doug be positively placed in Virginia (hence my wildcat query about the possibility of him having flown back to Virgina from Battle Creek/K-zoo or even Ft Wayne).

If by that morning, the friends mean 11:30 am, hmm...

So they found blood in both vehicles?

Although with this couple, it's possible that there's blood in one or both of those vehicles from a previous fight:

http://www.wwmt.com/articles/margin-1376536-bottom-page.html

"Court records from when Doug filed for divorce in July of 2008 show that Schoolcraft Police responded to the Stewart home at least three times. In June of that year, they found Doug with a bloody nose. He says Venus had hit him in the face five times."

That may well be spot on.

Remember, the mother said in one her interviews that the blood was Doug's. We were confused as to how she would know that when the lab results were not back, and blood isn't something you normally expect to find in a vehicle, let alone two. But given the domestic violence history of these two, it might not be that surprising to find his blood in the vehicles if he was injured in some of these altercations and fled the home in one of the vehicles.

Arresting for what is the question? He is a person of interest. He is not making himself available for interviews and he is not cooperating with LE. That is his right as a citizen. Until they have sufficient proof he committed a crime or even any proof he committed a crime, why would they pick him up?

What case like this have they arrested someone with nothing in hand but suspicion?:waitasec:

My thoughts on this are quite simple. If he has nothing to hide - why not cooperate with LE? I mean, like her or not, she is the mother of his children and still his wife. What is he hiding that he doesn't want to answer any questions or cooperate with them in finding her? He should answer questions - take a polygraph, and anything else he could do to help prove he has nothing to hide! JMO............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth