AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - # 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi...all have just caught up....one thing certainly needs to be clarified and that is proof that she was seen at the ball game.

In the comments on the news story the employee from the shop did say that lots of parents had been coming in saying she was not at school on Friday.

I have joined in this case so can someone please clarify who and how many people did see her at the ball game and what the Le have said about that...ie is it factual she was really there.

I think that is vital because it sounds like she wasnt at school that day which might put the timeline right out.

IMO Isabel was at the ballgame. Her brothers were interviewed by LE. I would think they knew if Isabel was actually there or not ? I do wonder,though,who was taking care of Isabel that Friday. I thought both of her parents worked outside their home ? MOO

What do you guys make of LE saying that the parents should do a (1?) one-on-one interview instead of saying that they should just make the media rounds?
Hinky! Has anyone ever heard of LE doing this before? TIA Thanks also to everyone who transcribed today's update by LE.

The son is not 7, as far as we have been told by the media, he is 10. I think a 10 yr old is capable of running around to look for his little sister in an emergency.

Capable, yes, but not sure how far I would send another child out of sight if one was already missing...JMO

Hinky! Has anyone ever heard of LE doing this before? TIA Thanks also to everyone who transcribed today's update by LE.

They need to do one on one interviews on the whole family on that block JMO

It may be poor wording by the LEO. I think he meant just sit down with the media all at once and get it over with, but that was just my impression.

Does anyone else seem to think that there is some sort of disconnect b/w LE and the parents? LE wants them to talk to the media, but they don't. LE doesn't know why they aren't back in the home (Have they asked, have they not received an explanation, or did they receive an explanation that doesn't make sense to them?), LE has still yet to clear the family. Going on the assumption that the family is innocent (which is how I like to see things until I hear otherwise), these things really bother me.

1. Parents refusal to speak out more: Yes, we would most likely criticize everything they say, do, don't say, don't do, wear, all the way down to how many tears they cry. It is a HUGE burden to take on. However, it keeps the media interested - especially the national media. I remember when Elizabeth Smart was missing the family held daily press conferences, and I watched them every day on the national media. I've been watching CNN for hours today and haven't heard a word about Isabel. And now that the police are doing 1 presser a day it will get even worse. I see the 1 presser a day lasting a week - if that long - before there will be none. And then it is only a matter of time before Isabel is forgotten by all but the dedicated.

2. LE not clearing the family - If the family is innocent this is a HUGE disservice to them. I know I have said this previously, but the longer LE goes without doing this the more people will not be worried that there is a pervert out there kidnapping girls from their rooms, the more people will just assume it was the parents and think their kids are safe (at least this time).

I am from Florida, so obviously I am used to information being out there almost immediately. But I can't help but think that this is not the way to handle a true kidnapping.

Dad has a very large knot on his forhead. Do you think it is recent or more like a benign tumor type thing? It looks red and fresh.

Dad seems destroyed and very very upset. However mom seems to be holding up pretty good - I did not see any tears from her. moo
It looks like it's either a bug bite, pimple, eczema, or something else innocuous with secondary inflammation.

Pensfan
verified psychiatric mental health nurse

IMO Isabel was at the ballgame. Her brothers were interviewed by LE. I would think they knew if Isabel was actually there or not ? I do wonder,though,who was taking care of Isabel that Friday. I thought both of her parents worked outside their home ? MOO

Her grandparents live on the same street. So maybe if she was feeling ill that day, they dropped her off at the grandparents house. Being 6 she was pretty much able to care for herself, just needed an adult in the home.

Capable, yes, but not sure how far I would send another child out of sight if one was already missing...JMO

True, but they might have been searching in a group. When our puppy used to escape, my kids and I would walk around the neighborhood and call his name. I would let my 10 yr old branch off, on the other side of the street for example, but I was always close by.

Why have they not released the 911 call?

Mom is a nurse. She probably works three 12 hours shifts a week. Or six 12 hour shifts in a two week pay period. She very well could have been home Friday and the two went shopping.

Also a link to the ball game questions: http://www.kgun9.com/news/local/149341755.html

Does anyone else seem to think that there is some sort of disconnect b/w LE and the parents? LE wants them to talk to the media, but they don't. LE doesn't know why they aren't back in the home (Have they asked, have they not received an explanation, or did they receive an explanation that doesn't make sense to them?), LE has still yet to clear the family. Going on the assumption that the family is innocent (which is how I like to see things until I hear otherwise), these things really bother me.

1. Parents refusal to speak out more: Yes, we would most likely criticize everything they say, do, don't say, don't do, wear, all the way down to how many tears they cry. It is a HUGE burden to take on. However, it keeps the media interested - especially the national media. I remember when Elizabeth Smart was missing the family held daily press conferences, and I watched them every day on the national media. I've been watching CNN for hours today and haven't heard a word about Isabel. And now that the police are doing 1 presser a day it will get even worse. I see the 1 presser a day lasting a week - if that long - before there will be none. And then it is only a matter of time before Isabel is forgotten by all but the dedicated.

2. LE not clearing the family - If the family is innocent this is a HUGE disservice to them. I know I have said this previously, but the longer LE goes without doing this the more people will not be worried that there is a pervert out there kidnapping girls from their rooms, the more people will just assume it was the parents and think their kids are safe (at least this time).

I am from Florida, so obviously I am used to information being out there almost immediately. But I can't help but think that this is not the way to handle a true kidnapping.

I have felt all along that LE is showing a lack of sympathy for the parents...never once have they said they are victims, as far as I know; as you said, they or at least the spokesperson, seems to know very little about them, their actions, etc...are quick to repeat, time after time, how they never told them not to talk to the media, etc...

LE may have their reasons, i.e dog hit, evidence we are unaware of, etc...but to me, they come off as kind of passive-agressively hostile toward the family...

JMO

I am just not reading guilt in these parents at all. Usually I always think the parents are guilty. JMO

I think more heat needs to go on the parents. Not saying they are involved. Just saying IF they are they might crack. If not then .....well...nothing to lose but maybe something to gain if LE puts the presser on them a bit.

With (how many) people at the ball game and only 2 say they saw her?
I would of expected many more people to come forward at seeing her.
When I go to the ballgame I am with a whole section?
Why didn't more people see her? or friends? hinky to me.......JMOO

I have felt all along that LE is showing a lack of sympathy for the parents...never once have they said they are victims, as far as I know; as you said, they or at least the spokesperson, seems to know very little about them, their actions, etc...are quick to repeat, time after time, how they never told them not to talk to the media, etc...

LE may have their reasons, i.e dog hit, evidence we are unaware of, etc...but to me, they come off as kind of passive-agressively hostile toward the family...

JMO

This is so true. I didn't even notice until you pointed it out. We could be wrong, but there has been a real lack of sympathy.

Hi Surfie!.. Not sure at all that you are thinking anything even remotely similar to what my initial and immediate thoughts were about the disconnect between husband and wife.. You could be thinking something entirely different.. I too thought very long and hard about my initial thoughts and did finally decide to post them with disclaimers of moo.. And that if what I am even purposing were in fact found to be true that it still in no way directly is indicative that either or both parents were in any way involved in Isa's disappearance.. The only reason I felt compelled to even post my opinion was that possibly it is this that is raising such alarm and alert to our hinky meters.. Idk?.. As I said what your thoughts are may be nothing similar to mine but wanted to post the link to my post I made about 36 or so hours ago to let you know that no matter what your exact thought or opinion is.. That you're not alone in feeling and seeing the obvious disconnect between the two parents and that for possibly entirely different reasons that I, too believe its quite possibly a marriage of convenience.. Or for specific arrangements that have nothing to do with being in love with each other... And again this is nothing but MOO..

Here's the link to my post:
AZ AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - #5 - Page 28 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

____________________...
Posting via mobile as well as via tablet so plz forgive all typos.. Btwn the sucky touch keyboard and the obsessive auto-correct it's a big ol' mess :crazy:

I missed your original post about the parents, Smooth. Been in an out all weekend so thanks for the link. Are you speculating that Dad may not have a girlfriend, but rather a boyfriend?

I'm not seeing that as completely far fetched if you are, but I agree that it probably would not have any bearing on Isa's disappearance.

Agree, however wasn't that when it was still possible that Isabel had just wandered off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member