MO - Lisa Irwin, 10 months, Kansas City, 4 Oct 2011 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope LE did a very intensive examination of that window sill before they staged their breakin. If perp had of entered that window, there most likely would be some clothing fibers rubbed off into the side of house or sill. It would be a tight squeeze up and into that window. Fibers could be on the window itself (LE said window fell down onto his legs). Now, there will also be the officer's fibers. So, I hope they really examined it well first.

I think the window & windowsill was thoroughly examined from the get-go. I remember watching an early video (don't have the link, apologies) that showed the CSIs using a special forensics vacuum cleaner type gadget all around the window. I don't know if that was to collect possible fibers or some other piece of potential evidence, but it seemed to me that LE was being very thorough.

IMO, if there were any fibers on that window, they were collected.

Well, in the past, people survived without cell phones and baby monitors and a lot of other things, but the point of those things, when one has young children, is safety, IMO. So why would a mom of a sick baby not have a phone nearby in her closed-up bedroom...I don't understand.

I'm not sure what good that would do.
No matter where the phone is, the sick baby isn't going to call her on it.

If she knows where the phone is, she can call for help (after checking the baby).

I apologize if this has been brought up , I am trying my best to keep up! But what really bothers me is this,,, My husband travels for business a lot and I always keep my cell phone near by. I keep it plugged in at night next to my bed, I don't think that is unusual, especially in a home where there is no land line. Also the whole, "I was reprogramming the phones" seems a little strange to me,, everytime I have gotten a new phone they have done that for me at the store..

Anyone else recall hearing mom, in a barely audible voice while dad was speaking during the Jeanine P interview, add that she always kept her cell phones on the kitchen counter? Perhaps, I'm imagining it? Still haven't seen the transcripts from the show.

Yep. And to elaborate further on baby monitors:

I had the kind that had two channels. If the monitor on the baby end was switched to the second channel, I had no clue on my end. I would have thought that it would have made a different noise or loud static as they do when baby's end is switched off. But it did not.

I know this because when my kids were smaller, I continued to use the monitors up til they were nearly school age. They discovered that the monitors were impeding on their ability to get up to mischief and began turning them to the second/alternate channel. It took me forever to figure out what the little boogers were up to. That was when I ended the use of the monitors :) The kids had outsmarted me/them.

Mine beeped if turned to another channel, unplugged,or turned off. My little girl loved to turn it off and see me come running.

Well, in the past, people survived without cell phones and baby monitors and a lot of other things, but the point of those things, when one has young children, is safety, IMO. So why would a mom of a sick baby not have a phone nearby in her closed-up bedroom...I don't understand.

That is my point also. Having those safety measures, cell phone included, none of them are any good if one can sleep through any noise going on inside the baby's room or leaving the cell phones where one couldn't immediately get to them in case of an emergency........or in this case where an intruder could remove them.

As an aside, another use for baby monitors. Had them when my mother became ill and couldn't leave her bedroom in our home. Came in extremely handy when I wanted to be in the back yard or somewhere in the house where I might not hear her calling.

:)

It did not come from a store, it was a used one from her dad. If they are pay as you go phones, no store would do that anyway. Dozens of posters here have said that they have no land line and do NOT keep the phone by their bed. I do, but am perfectly fine with others who don't choose to.....in the "olden" days, there was usually only one phone in the house and it was almost always in the kitchen area. People survived just fine.....

jmo

Where did you read that the phone came from her dad? I read a rumor that it was her grandmothers, but I don't have a link to an MSM article.

By the time a baby is Lisa'a age a parent just can't stay attuned to every little noise, or there would never be any sleep at night for a tired adult. Mobile babies move and make little noises and rustling sounds all night long sometimes. Usually a parent will wake up for a cry, or a sign of distress, or the sound of a baby climbing out of the crib, but not much else.

I'm sure there will be exceptions to this,but I'm speaking from my own experience, and from conversations I've had over the years with other parents about baby monitors.

If Lisa was picked up out of her crib and woken up by a stranger, I think she would have cried. I know my kids would have at her age.

I'm not sure what good that would do.
No matter where the phone is, the sick baby isn't going to call her on it.

If she knows where the phone is, she can call for help (after checking the baby).

What if you are awoken to the sound of glass breaking, or someone breaking in? Wouldn't you want to be able to call 911?

I find it more Believable if:

the lights had been off

the cell phone were still on the counter

and one of the Back windows were open

and Back door unlocked and open...

But the way they said it was....:waitasec:

That how is was in Haileigh Cumming case and no one believes it there.

Lights off, backdoor bricked. I dont know about windows but it didnt matter.

Funny how believable that would sound in this case but not that one.

I don't think Lisa was really that sick. She was well enough to participate in the birthday party activities.

Another thing. She said the baby monitor was on. So was it still on when they discovered Lisa missing? An intruder who takes the time to lift three cell phones likely would turn off the baby monitor so the person on the other end couldn't hear anything going on.

I don't know how much they would know about a baby monitor, but ours - if you turn it off, it alerts the parent's monitor loudly.

Plus, I think there's a very good chance that the intruder had no further intentions with the phones than to steal them. Oh cool, free phones.

I think we need a new one. Getting a tad crowded in here:innocent::crazy:

I'm a little confused. Why did LE tell Mom that she failed the polograph and then accuse mom of doing something to the child? Here's one link by FOX News. I also saw the mother on FOX news this weekend in an interview say that LE told her she did something to the child. This is what Mom said they told her. Why do think she would say this?

To make the police look bad, and paint herself as their victim?

If Lisa was picked up out of her crib and woken up by a stranger, I think she would have cried. I know my kids would have at her age.

Yet one of my daughters would go to anyone...never met a stranger and was delighted with strangers. You just never know. I hated this response of hers...but my family said it meant that she was secure and made to feel safe by her parents. Who knows?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chingona361