Penn State athletic director plus ex-Paterno assistant charged in child rape case #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Paterno had to be mum. There was a GJ investigation taking place. Off to look for that patriot news article.

Paterno can talk about anything he wants to. Just like anyone else called before the Grand Jury. Any witness can talk.

Out of curiosity... Did it cross anyone else's mind that all of the accused's offspring were adopted? Did it raise any questions about a wife who could have known all along and been complicit? Was he not attracted to her from the start and this was a cover marriage?

I'm speculating. It very well could have been as innocent as reproductive problems but it could be a whole lot more. 5 boys, 1 girl or 4 boys, 1 girl, not sure but look at that skewed ratio.

I read (don't have a link though) that the McQ death threats were more because JoePa was fired - not that McQ did nothing when he saw a child being raped.

I thought they were because he didn't stop the rape as well but my husband corrected me. That's hard to believe isn't it?

Out of curiosity... Did it cross anyone else's mind that all of the accused's offspring were adopted? Did it raise any questions about a wife who could have known all along and been complicit? Was he not attracted to her from the start and this was a cover marriage?

I'm speculating. It very well could have been as innocent as reproductive problems but it could be a whole lot more. 5 boys, 1 girl or 4 boys, 1 girl, not sure but look at that skewed ratio.

That is something I have wondered. I wonder if the girl that Sandusky adopted was also a victim.

That is something I have wondered. I wonder if the girl that Sandusky adopted was also a victim.

I wondered that also. But I made the decision to dismiss it since it appears his preference is for young boys. Now I'm wondering...

Right up until the bitter end this freak was covered for and enabled.

How a scandal brought down Joe Paterno

The indictment paints a picture of a predator hiding in plain sight, bringing youngsters to practices and even bowl games while still on Paterno's staff, and for nearly a decade afterward.

As late as last week, Sandusky was spotted working out in the team's weight room.

http://www.ajc.com/sports/how-a-scandal-brought-1224099.html

Yep, they took his keys away all right. *wink, wink*

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2011/03/jerry_sandusky_former_penn_sta.html

From this article, it appears none of the mandated reporters or institutions relating to the Victim 1 (reported 2009) molestations were contacted or aware an investigation was being conducted.

Superintendent notified C&Y and once it left his desk, he never heard a word from police. “No one has ever called me about it in any way shape or form,” he said.

I wonder if he followed up...

Clinton Cty passed the buck to Centre Cty because that's where the incidents happened (none ever occurred in a Clinton County high school *sarcasm*). They passed it to PA AG Corbett now the governor and on the PSU Board.

Go higher, dig deeper.

Understand your point but he wasn't being covered for last week... He's been the focus of an investigation since 2009.

Why didn't any of his superiors (whomever granted him emeritus status) speak up and ban him at the beginning of the investigation? IF he came out smellin like roses in the end, AGAIN, they'd be facing a defamation suit. While we'd all like to lynch him, and rightfully so, he's afforded that "innocent until proven guilty" thing.

One week ago, Sunday November 6, 2011, kindly Ole JoePa was SHOCKED!:

Paterno addresses the allegations against Sandusky for the first time, saying he's "shocked" and "deeply saddened."

"If this is true," Paterno says in a statement released by his son, Scott, "we were all fooled"

http://www.ajc.com/sports/how-a-scandal-brought-1224099.html

Yep, it shocked Ole Joe right into hiring a high powered criminal defense attorney for HIMSELF!

Jumping off your post, not a response to it...

I stand corrected on an earlier post. If he was spotted in the weight room last week, he was on university property. If he was spotted outside any university building, he was in the City.

Well now I am wondering is this his dad?

Hall of Fame Inductee: John J. McQueary, PA

John McQueary

Chief Operating Officer/Administrative Director
Centre Medical and Surgical Associates, P.C.
State College, Pennsylvania

While working to build the Physician Assistant Program at Duke, John also pioneered the physician assistant concept at the national level. He organized the first meeting of the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants and served as President of the American Academy of Physician Assistants for two terms (1970-1972). During his tenure, the first Journal of the American Academy of Physician Assistants was published, and he established the first student chapters at Duke and Alderson-Broaddus College in West Virginia. John was instrumental in organizing the first national conference for physician assistants and in promoting the PA concept to groups such as the American Group Practice Association and the American Medical Association. John served as President of the National Renal Administrators Association (1981-82) and is recognized as a founding leader of the American Academy of Physician Assistants.

http://pa.mc.duke.edu/Hall-of-Fame/Inductees/John-McQueary/

That is his dad Dr. Fessel. MM's wife is also a Physician Assistant. They still do call them "Doctor" even though they aren't technically a doctor. That's what baffles me the most about the whole thing. John McQueary should have advised his son to rescue the boy and report it! Instead John and Mike were planning Mike's career. So sick.

Understand your point but he wasn't being covered for last week... He's been the focus of an investigation since 2009.

Why didn't any of his superiors (whomever granted him emeritus status) speak up and ban him at the beginning of the investigation? IF he came out smellin like roses in the end, AGAIN, they'd be facing a defamation suit. While we'd all like to lynch him, and rightfully so, he's afforded that "innocent until proven guilty" thing.

After all that's been revealed this week, Due Process for Sandusky is not in the forefront of my concern. If these wern't little children he was raping, he could swish his azz into the showers with any silly sausage of his choosing for all I'd care.

You are asking why he wasn't banned at the beginning of this investigation. I want to know why the protection of these little boys wasn't enough of a concern to ban him a decade ago when they first KNEW.

That is his dad Dr. Fessel. MM's wife is also a Physician Assistant. They still do call them "Doctor" even though they aren't technically a doctor. That's what baffles me the most about the whole thing. John McQueary should have advised his son to rescue the boy and report it! Instead John and Mike were planning Mike's career. So sick.

No one certified as a Physician's Assistant should be using the title Dr. for ANY reason, unless they also have a PhD. degree or an M.D. degree. They could be prosecuted severely for portraying themselves as a licensed physician----which they most definitely ARE NOT. A patient who may erroneously assume them to be a physician might unknowingly make that mistake....but no P.A. is allowed to use the title Dr. simply based on training as a P.A.

I wish the unidentified Victim 2 would come forward. I wish he had been found back then. I wish McQueary would have done more. I wish the monster had been stopped and the victim had been saved. I wish someone had prosecuted Sandusky in 2002 based on McQuearys allegations alone. I wish I could find a child abuse case with an unknown victim.

Why didn't I see this before?

Find one, just one, any one, anywhere. Find just one law that says a prosecutor can prosecute without a victim.

After all that's been revealed this week, Due Process for Sandusky is not in the forefront of my concern. If these wern't little children he was raping, he could swish his azz into the showers with any silly sausage of his choosing for all I'd care.

You are asking why he wasn't banned at the beginning of this investigation. I want to know why the protection of these little boys wasn't enough of a concern to ban him a decade ago when they first KNEW.

I agree. He deserves no due process for abusing a child. Unfortunately, the legal system doesn't agree.

My question was to frame the defamation suit response. Some people ARE falsely accused.

The results of this gj show that's not the case... No one KNEW that for certain. Hindsight... It's so, so clear.

Thanks, I didn't know that. Go higher, dig deeper!

You are proving to be correct! It seems there is no limit to the amount of arrogance that exists in this case....everyone assuming that they are beyond the scope of "normal" responsibility, ethics, and behavior!

jmo

Yep, it shocked Ole Joe right into hiring a high powered criminal defense attorney for HIMSELF!

Sorry, I didn't see this part before. Would you sit back and do nothing while the world hurled it's accusations at you knowing somehow this was destined to be your fault?

As I said, I will eat crow WHEN more becomes available. For now, the solid evidence to make the leap and imply his guilt in anything isn't there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member