GUILTY NV - O.J. Simpson charged in Las Vegas armed robbery, 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
LAS VEGAS -- O.J. Simpson isn't getting a new trial from the judge who oversaw his conviction in the gunpoint robbery of two sports memorabilia dealers in a Las Vegas hotel room. Clark County District Court Judge Jackie Glass says the issues raised by lawyers for Simpson and co-defendant Clarence "C.J." Stewart did not rise to the level of granting another trial.
more at link:http://www.ktvu.com/news/17931686/detail.html

If I remember right the famous Bronco chase was on June 13. It's my son's birthday, and that's what I seem to remember.

Eve

Something happened that day. It is our anniversary and I remember watching it on TV. Can't remember if it was the chase or just the news breaking (wasn't the murder on the 12th?).

Oh, here it is. Just the news breaking. The chase was on the 17th.

http://www.cnn.com/US/OJ/murder/index.html

Isn't OJ being sentenced this coming Friday, the 5th?:eek:

Isn't OJ being sentenced this coming Friday, the 5th?:eek:
Yup! Hope it is televised so we can gloat as a group. Sorry, can't help it. His acquittal for Nicole and Ron's murder is still a terrible blow to justice, IMHO.

/crime
updated 8:45 p.m. EST, Wed December 3, 2008
LAS VEGAS, Nevada (CNN) -- Former football great O.J. Simpson, convicted of armed robbery and kidnapping, deserves leniency in sentencing as he is a first-time offender who showed no criminal intent, his attorney says in court papers. Attorney Gabriel Grasso argued that Simpson should receive the minimum sentence, six years. Grasso acknowledged in court papers, "Clearly Simpson was not using good judgment" during a 2007 hotel room confrontation over sports memorabilia. Simpson could receive a maximum life sentence from Judge Jackie Glass on Friday. A pre-sentencing report recommended an 18-year sentence.
Four men charged with Simpson cut deals with the prosecution and testified against him. One testified that Simpson asked him to bring a gun to the encounter. more at link:http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/12/03/simpson.sentence/?iref=mpstoryview

TOMORROW

The sun'll come out
Tomorrow Bet your bottom dollar
That tomorrow There'll be sun!

Just thinkin' about
Tomorrow Clears away the cobwebs,
And the sorrow
'Til there's none!

When I'm stuck a day
That's gray,
And lonely,
I just stick out my chin
And Grin,
And Say,
Oh!

The sun'll come out
Tomorrow So ya gotta hang on
'Til tomorrow Come what may
Tomorrow! Tomorrow!
I love ya Tomorrow! You're always
A day
A way!

Poco, I love it! No matter what sentence he gets, he WILL serve time. I am hoping for life but am betting on 18 years. That should make him near 80 when he gets out. Face it...he is a killer and a . Justice has taken a long time to get here. Tomorrow, tomorrow...

But he's sorry, he's sorry! Judge didn't buy that for a minute. They're saying at least six years he will have to serve...

your very welcome. I am glad to see he will be in there awhile.

MSNBC now saying if their numbers are right he'll have to serve minimum of nine years - that works better for me than six!

Sentenced to 15 years maximum ( everything ran concurrent) and eligible for parole in 7.5 years.

Hope I added that up right, but that's how I got it.

Woohoo! I guess that Nevada doesn't care who you are. The law is the same for everyone.

Edited to add...I might just have to move back to the desert instead of Florida after this. Wow.

Sentenced to 15 years maximum ( everything ran concurrent) and eligible for parole in 7.5 years.

Hope I added that up right, but that's how I got it.

Woohoo! I guess that Nevada doesn't care who you are. The law is the same for everyone.

Edited to add...I might just have to move back to the desert instead of Florida after this. Wow.

How stupid can a guy get? I do feel sorry for his children, who are probably messed up.

He's a sociopath; no matter how hard he tries the badness will come out and he'll do something else. He needs to be behind bars; maybe that will teach him something; he's not above the law.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autumn.Doe