Melissa Huckaby, Suspect- thread #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Melissa graduated from Brea Olinda High School in 1999. I was in her class, we were best friends.

Hi emmabella welcome to websleuths. Can you tell us what Melissa was like in high school? Also do you know if she was ever into drugs? TIA

Hi emmabella welcome to websleuths. Can you tell us what Melissa was like in high school? Also do you know if she was ever into drugs? TIA

Melissa and I were very close in high school and the year after but I haven't spoken with her for some time. In high school she never used drugs to my knowledge. We did dumb teenage stuff but never alcohol, drugs or smoking. She was volatile at times and I know she had some mental/depression issues. I'm still reeling over this to be honest. It is completely shocking.

Melissa graduated from Brea Olinda High School in 1999. I was in her class, we were best friends.

Welcome to Websleuths Emmabella. Please if you don't mind share with us your memories of how Melissa was in High School. We understand that 10 yrs can change people, but we appreciate any insight you can give us.

We are glad to have you here. I hope that you enjoy posting here as much as I do.

Welcome to WS emmabella and thank you so much for choosing us and for giving us a firsthand account of Melissa. I know this must be a huge shock to those who know her and especially her family. My heart hurts for what this will do to them and their ministry's. I'm really glad you're on kinda of late otherwise I'm sure we would overwhelm you with questions. :crazy:

Thank you for the kind welcome. I know you must think anyone new showing up claiming to know a perp might be a fake. To be honest I still feel like I must be dreaming this entire thing. I just pulled out my memory box with the journal that we wrote notes back and forth in. Alot of normal teenage angst in there. I did find one note which I tore out and had folded separately in which she talks about about wanting to take her life. I'm trying to recall all of my memories from so long ago but I do remember that perhaps she was institutionalized for a short time around 2000-2001 for a suicide attempt. It feels like so long ago. I'm hoping my memory will start to wake up.

I am in no way an expert on this, but I find it surprising that she did confess. I have noticed that people with personality disorders, pathological liars, borderline personality, etc.. usually stick to their lies and seem to think they can get away with it. Even when faced with obvious lies, they continue to blame others and continue to lie.
Maybe she has no discernable personality disorder and is just evil or maybe it is drugs. I cannot understand this at all. Her psychological evaluation will be interesting to say the least.
And as others have posted earlier, I am asking myself, why am I so surprised to find this in a female as opposed to male. Had it been a male, I would not be so shocked (if that is the right word). And I do know that women do kill; they just usually fit into some kind of category that I'm not seeing here...
At this point I'm going to have to attribute this to just pure evil.

I am in no way an expert on this, but I find it surprising that she did confess. I have noticed that people with personality disorders, pathological liars, borderline personality, etc.. usually stick to their lies and seem to think they can get away with it. Even when faced with obvious lies, they continue to blame others and continue to lie.
Maybe she has no discernable personality disorder and is just evil or maybe it is drugs. I cannot understand this at all. Her psychological evaluation will be interesting to say the least.
And as others have posted earlier, I am asking myself, why am I so surprised to find this in a female as opposed to male. Had it been a male, I would not be so shocked (if that is the right word). And I do know that women do kill; they just usually fit into some kind of category that I'm not seeing here...
At this point I'm going to have to attribute this to just pure evil.

The police said this morning that she did not confess. They outlined what they had and she kind of accepted it.

Thank you for the kind welcome. I know you must think anyone new showing up claiming to know a perp might be a fake. To be honest I still feel like I must be dreaming this entire thing. I just pulled out my memory box with the journal that we wrote notes back and forth in. Alot of normal teenage angst in there. I did find one note which I tore out and had folded separately in which she talks about about wanting to take her life. I'm trying to recall all of my memories from so long ago but I do remember that perhaps she was institutionalized for a short time around 2000-2001 for a suicide attempt. It feels like so long ago. I'm hoping my memory will start to wake up.

I can't even begin to imagine...
So there is some indication that she had some serious issues even then. Wonder what was going on at that time that would make her want to take her life. I wonder even more than that what made her want to take Sandra's.

:Welcome-12-june:

Thanks for joining websleuths...sorry it is under such sad/shocking circumstances! Your insights are most welcome as we try to come to terms with what has been reported!

Wonder what was going on at that time that would make her want to take her life.

Here are some quotes from the letter dated 5/20/99:

"All I know is that I've also come up with another solution that would solve all my problems and I have seriously been thinking about it.... I have been thinking about this for a very long time and I'm very serious about it."

"When I was little, like sixth grade I used to pray every night that I wouldn't wake up in the morning. I just wasn't meant to live I guess. No on wants me or even cares if I live or not and I'm just in the way anyways."

Haunting.

Haunting.

(Respectuflly snipped...for space).

It sounds like she is/was suffering from long-term depression
I wonder if she had been diagnosed with it and received treatment for it?

This case has drained me. I'm afraid to wade back into the Haleigh case now. It just all seems so d*** senseless!!!

That is exatly how I feel right now! Haliegh's case is so f'd up - with the family fights etc.

It makes you incredibly tired!

Welcome to WS's emmabella. We really appreciate your insight, and I hope that we can help you work thru trying to understand this horrible event along with us. How long has it been since you were in contact with Melissa?

"All I know is that I've also come up with another solution that would solve all my problems and I have seriously been thinking about it.... I have been thinking about this for a very long time and I'm very serious about it."

"When I was little, like sixth grade I used to pray every night that I wouldn't wake up in the morning. I just wasn't meant to live I guess. No on wants me or even cares if I live or not and I'm just in the way anyways."

Haunting.

How very sad. While most kids her age (sixth grade) we're planning for their futures she was wanting her life to end and thinking no one wanted her or cared about her. I wish her family would have gotten her help then and maybe this could have been avoided.

The only time I ever prayed that my life would end was when I lost my son... so I can understand the intensity of the pain that would drive someone to say that prayer. I just wonder what happened in her life to cause her such excruciating pain at such a young age.

It's really amazing that you still have these notes and journals...thank you for sharing them with us.

The police said this morning that she did not confess. They outlined what they had and she kind of accepted it.

Your first sentence I understand and concur. Your second sentence I'm not sure how you came to this conclusion?

How long has it been since you were in contact with Melissa?
We broke off our friendship in 2001 and I didn't hear from her again until 2005. We corresponded over email at that time. Her daughter was about a year old and she was in the divorce process. She said she had just completed school to do medical transcriptioning from home. Honestly she sounded like she had really gotten her life back on the right track. I lived in a different state so we didn't meet or even talk on the phone. It was more of a opportunity for closure for me to know that she was okay and doing well in her life. I haven't had any contact with her since then. Although I think about her very often. She is really one of the very few people I would call a best friend in my entire life.

Goodnight everyone. Again Emmabella welcome and I wish you the best of the best! :seeya:

Melissa and I were very close in high school and the year after but I haven't spoken with her for some time. In high school she never used drugs to my knowledge. We did dumb teenage stuff but never alcohol, drugs or smoking. She was volatile at times and I know she had some mental/depression issues. I'm still reeling over this to be honest. It is completely shocking.
I suspected it might be something like this...let me tell you my theory...she is on some type of psychotropic meds which could be responsible if she did do something to this child. Every case Ive studied where the mother commits some horrible act on multiple childrenor one one child seems to be because of the meds the doctors have her on. I just got off the phone with my best friend and told her the same thing!!! that i bet she was on some type of medications that were not right for her my oppinion only, emma welcome to the board and is there any way you can find out if she was on meds??? thanks so much for giving us your personal input!!!

Oh, emmabella, I am so sorry for how bad this horrible case has to hurt you too! From what you have already shared, however, I wonder if we will ever know the answer to "why" in this case. Mental illness does not fit into any category that can be understood by sane people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie