2011.06.01 SIDEBAR THREAD Trial Day Seven

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bill S. is saying that less than 1% of DP cases are ever overturned on appeal for ineffective counsel.

While we wait for court to start I will post a link to a short video of the wanna be spectators mad dashing to get in line for a ticket to today's court proceedings.

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/anthony_case/060111-mad-dash-for-casey-anthony-trial-tickets

OMG....I really hope that NONE of those folks were WS members because THAT was really really pathetic.

An aside....do people not dress with respect for the court anymore? I mean would it kill folks to put on a pair of dress slacks and a blouse?

I have been to court as a spectator and dressed as if I were going to work.

Did Eric Baker know he could have been Caylee's father? Can any one of the "super sleuths" here who have been following this case since the beginning tell me?

This running back and forth is starting to feel Nascar or something. Good morning All! Was fiddling around trying to see if I could set up wftv with the split screens but way too much going on along with the screens - gonna stick to wdbo.com - I like no ads, no blogs. etc. - just gimme the real thing!

wesh live blog saying that some of the public waited since 2am to get in today!

:seeya: Good morning, everyone!

Got here just in time to see the short, sweet hearing! Hope everyone has a great day!

I had the best surprise this morning.....as I dropped the kids off at school the Chick-Fil-A cow was in the car drop off lane giving away free breakfast AND coupons for free breakfast in June.

I wonder if KC misses chicken biscuits.

first time I was there in Sept when I visited my sister....loved it..YUM1

I just wanted to drop by to say a hearty THANK YOU to all of you for keeping me updated with your posts. It is very hard for me to be able to watch at the office and therefore I read voraciously in the evenings to try and catch up. IS and NG just don't do much for me. Again my heartfelt thanks!

Did Eric Baker know he could have been Caylee's father? Can any one of the "super sleuths" here who have been following this case since the beginning tell me?

From what I remember from a long time ago it was pretty much confirmed he was NOT the father.

CM and JA both saved Baez's incompetent butt this morning.

I understand why the State chose to withdraw the request right now.
Can you please explain? Thanks...

I brought this over from the Trial thread to answer bobloblaw.

Baez was yapping impulsively yesterday and not thinking about the potential problems he was causing himself. He "opened the door" for the State to bring in all of Casey's prior felony convictions (6?). Previously, those had been inadmissable and the jury would have never been able to consider them. However, there is a specific jury instruction given right before deliberations that tells jurors that they MAY consider prior felony convictions while determining credibility, character of the defendant.

The State has a strong case and they are rolling right along now. IF they had stood by and fought for them to come in, HHJP would have allowed it. Cheney Mason knows that, too. There is case law backing it up from the FL Supreme Court.

The problem is: Casey would have a very, very, very good argument on appeal for Ineffective Counsel. They is a strong chance any conviction could be overturned and she would be granted another trial. Do they really want to have to try this monster of a case twice? Not unless they feel they absolutley must. Just not worth it.

I agree with Bill S. I think SA decided to do this to keep the DT from running wild with hearsay statements to get ICA testimony in through her attorneys via questioning witnesses. SA also knows that now the DT will have to be extra careful in their questioning and that HHJP will be quick to sustain their objections if the questioning heads anywhere in this direction.

OMG....I really hope that NONE of those folks were WS members because THAT was really really pathetic.

An aside....do people not dress with respect for the court anymore? I mean would it kill folks to put on a pair of dress slacks and a blouse?

I have been to court as a spectator and dressed as if I were going to work.

Did you see them all blowing by that lady in the wheelchair??

I just found channel 10 bright house shows the trial with no ads and plenty of bill sheaffer
And a split screen!!!

Good Morning, Everyone! Hope its a good day for the State in Court and a good day for all you personally!

Does anyone know - while on trial does Defense bring lunch in for Casey and eat with her or does the jail bring her lunch? If the jail, any idea what they bring? TIA

Hugs!
Rosie

JA's remarks are so funny sometimes! They are so off the cuff that it takes a moment to realize the slam

He's so cute you don't realise he's coming at you with a figurative uppercut.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member